Time to Dance

No Turning Back Now

(Nate's POV)

I retracted my fangs from Alex's neck as she slumped over. I held her unconcious body towards mine and lifted her into my arms. I just stood there for a moment looking at the damage I had done. I didn't want this. I looked at the wound on Alex's neck, watching it heal itself up. My wound was now healed from Alex's attack earlier. I felt stronger thanks to her blood.

I had Alexandra's blood in me and yet I felt dirty. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the taste of her blood but I do. It is sweet unlike the blood of a regular human. I crave it more. Alex's blood makes me feel dirty because I enjoy it so but its wrong. Alex needs her strength and energy more than ever. I don't need mine.

I looked down at Alex one last time, limp in my arms but breathing and took off into the night to the tunnels that lie below Lookout Pointe. My biggest fear is that Dimitri will sense something is off and know right away that I am faking being brainwashed. I have alot to lose. My family and Alex. My only hope right now is for my father to get the note I dropped in Alex's room when she was changing. I think we are going to need all the backup we can get.

This is it. There is no turning back now once I enter the tunnels. They are damp and long. Luckily there are lanterns lit to light my path. And now the guards as I approach the tunnel entrance to the cellar of the mansion. If my heart was beating right now, I think it would be beating out of my chest from my nerves.

"Halt!" One vampire guard replied. There were two of them.

"It's just me, Nathaniel Urie. I brought Dimitri the slayer just like he asked for." I tried to say as calmly as possible.

"You may pass." The first vampire guard replied.

"Very nicely done." The second guard said. "Once you step into the cellar, Richardson will take you to Dimitri. He will be quite pleased. I am only saddened that we can't have a slight taste of her?"

"No!" I yelled. "Uh, I mean, what would that say to Dimitri. Certainly you both don't want to lose your heads or anything?" I reasoned.

"Such a pity." The first responded pointing for me to enter the cellar.

I entered the cellar and saw Richardson who told me to follow him. He led me up to the first floor and then up to the second and down to the chambers of where Dimitri was using as his office. Richardson told me to wait outside the door while he spoke to Dimitri. I was looking around the floor. Dimitri had guards everywhere. I wondered which room of this four story mansion my mother and sister were being held captive in.

This mansion was huge. It was bigger than any Malibu or L.A. mansion of a celebrity. There had to be at least twenty or more rooms not to mention all the offices and a ballroom I knew Dimitri had built in this place. I remembered something Dimitri had told me after I was brainwashed how he wanted this place built exactly the way his brother had it only bigger.

"Is everything ok?" I asked when Richardson stepped out closing the door behind him.

"I am to show you to the room Miss Wentz is to be staying and then you are to follow me to be given your instructions for the evening." Richardson replied leading me up to the third floor.

"The slayer is staying as in the night here?" I asked confused. From Alex's memories of her dreams, tonight was supposed to be her final fight with Dimitri. Why would she need to spend the night?

"Are you questioning Dimitri's decisions?" Richardson asked.

"No." I replied.

"Good." Richardson remarked when he opened the door to a huge bedroom with a bathroom. It was elaborate and had two televisions on a stand that were currently turned off.
"Lie her on the bed."

I placed Alex on the bed and watched as Richardson touched Alex's neck. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I am checking to see if she is going to be out for awhile and I think the answer is a few hours. That leaves you plenty of time to get your orders from Dimitri." Richardson said.

"You know that she might be a threat when she wakes up, right? Shouldn't I be here when she wakes up? The slayer does think I am on her side." I laughed trying to be convincing to Richardson.

"She will be no threat. There will be guards at the door." Richardson motioned for me to follow him.

"She isn't stupid. She is the slayer and can kick down the door and kill any guard that comes in her path." I remarked looking back at Alex. I didn't like the thought of leaving Alex in this room alone for any vampire to take advantage of her.

"Trust me, if she awakens she won't try to escape and we will leave it at that." Richardson laughed. What did he mean by Alex won't try to escape? I really don't like the sound of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only 20 more chapters to go. :)