Time to Dance

I Want Something Real

"Alex, I want to ask you something." Dean said as I fumbled for my keys.

"What is it?" I asked as we stood at my front door.

"I know Nate was your date for prom and I don't want to replace him or make you feel uncomfortable but..." Dean said as I knew where this was heading.

"Dean, I think you are a great guy, but..." I started to say.

"Please let me finish." Dean stated. I nodded my head.

"I don't want to be his replacement. I know I can never replace him in your heart but this is our senior prom. You deserve to be happy. I was wondering though if you might want to have a little fun and be my date as friends. Nate would want you to be happy." Dean said playing his trump card. I knew he was right. Nate would want me to be happy.

"Maybe. I don't know. I can't really see myself going to prom with anyone else but I will think about it." I said.

"Ok. I can deal with that." Dean smiled.

"Thanks, Dean." I said kissing his left cheek.

"For what?" He asked.

"For being here when I needed a friend." I smiled as I opened the front door. "Night." I said before I walked in and closing the door.

It was nice to have the old Dean back. I smiled to myself and headed upstairs to get ready for bed. I set my alarm and crawled into bed soon afterwards and drifted to sleep.

"How was my girl today?" Nate asked as I sat on his bed.

"You do this to torture me. Why must I see you in my dreams? I hate not remembering this the next morning. I only remember here in my dreams." I replied.

"You know why." He grinned.

"What?" I asked.

"How was dress shopping?" Nate laughed.

"It was miserable or rather I should say I was miserable. Something is up with Lyra though. I think she may have been bitten by a vampire. Did I tell you that?" I asked.

"No." Nate sounded concerned.

"Her marks are fading into a slight scar. She had them last week and hid them with a scarf. Only today I noticed them. What was weird was she noticed mine that you gave me. It freaked me out the way she asked about them." I said.

"What did you tell her?" Nate asked.

"Why are you asking me a stupid question as that? You know what I told her." I said rolling my eyes.

"Enlighten me." He grinned again sending my heart over the edge.

"I told her I don't remember which was the truth no thanks to you." I said.

"Keep an eye on Lyra. I am worried that she is in on something against her will." Nate replied.

"This vampire, will he kill her?" I asked worried now.

"I don't know. I hope not but I think he is using her to get information about you." Nate explained.

"Why would he do that? I am not the slayer yet as you have said." I said confused.

"Yes, but he may know that you are the daughter of one." Nate said scooting closer to me. "Just be careful with what you say around her. That's an order you will remember." Nate said.

"I will rememeber to be careful around Lyra." I repeated. "I hate that!" I said not wanting to be controlled.

"I know but its to..." Nate said before I cut in.

"I know keep me safe. I am sick of hearing this already. Nate I miss you. I miss us." I said. "Dean asked me to be his date for prom." I replied.

"He did what?" Nate asked shocked.

"Yeah. He apologized for how he has treated me too." I said knowing it would make Nate a little jealous.

"You didn't say yes, did you?" Nate asked.

"Is somebody jealous?" I asked.

"No, uh, I just, uh." He stammered.

"I told him I would think about it." I said as our eyes met.

I leaned in and Nate leaned in as we kissed. We started to make out. Nate then leaned me back onto his bed. I wanted more then to kiss. I wanted to feel his touch but not here in a dream. I wanted him in the real world. He started to kiss my lips, then worked his way to my neck but I pulled away.

"What is it?" He asked.

"This. I don't want us to be like this. I want to actually feel your kiss and your touch. Nate, this just isn't working for me." I said sitting up in his bed. Then I heard my alarm go off and I sat straight up in my bed.