Time to Dance

Beneath The Surface

"Something smells good." Brendon said as he came in the front door. "I'm home, honey." He said walking into the kitchen.

"Alex, uh, shouldn't you be in school right now?" Brendon asked looking surprised to see me.

"Oh, well, she wasn't feeling well so I invited her over here. I wanted to make sure she got some food in her." Erelin said looking at him as if nothing was about to go down.

"Is there anything left for me?" Brendon asked looking in the fridge.

"Yeah, there is last night's leftovers." Erelin replied as I tried to hide a chuckle. She was definately pissed at Brendon right now and I knew he had answers to what is going on right now.

"Erelin, have I done something? You seem to be irritated at me. I can tell by your facial expressions." Brendon said nervously.

"Should I ask him or do you want to?" I asked.

"Ask me what?" Brendon responded.

"Honey, I think you may need to sit down for this." Erelin replied patting a chair. "Go ahead, Alex.

"Where is my father and where is Nate?" I asked.

"What? I don't know what you are talking about." Brendon said leaning back in his chair.

"Alex saw you shortly after Pete disappeared outside. You were nervously pacing out on the patio way past bedtime hours." Erelin quizzed him.

"I couldnt sleep." Brendon said but I could tell he was keeping something.

"How about the night she woke up after Nate disappeared, Alex said she looked out her window and saw you in Nate's room packing a bag with his things." Erelin pressed.

There was silence. "Brendon! This is our son we are talking about." Erelin said upset.

"If you know something, sir, you have to tell us. I miss Nate. Something in my gut tells me that him and my dad are alive and could possibly be in trouble." I said speaking up.

"You don't know what you saw. Maybe you were still dreaming." Brendon said trying to cover. He wasn't going to budge.

"Brendon if you know something, please tell us." Erelin said almost in tears.

"Oh, don't cry. You know I hate it when you cry." Brendon said getting up and walking over to Erelin.

"Just, don't. Don't bother." Erelin said pushing him away.

"Alex, I wish I could help but I have nothing to tell you. I am sorry, Erelin." Brendon said leaving the kitchen. Then we both heard the front door slam.

We heard the front door open again and thought maybe it was Brendon having a change of heart but instead it was Kayla. "Mom, why is dad taking off in a hurry? Alex? What are you doing here?" Kayla asked.

"I asked her to come over." Erelin lied. "I saw her come home early and felt that she needed to eat something dear." Erelin said. "Your father and I just had a slight disagreement is all." Erelin sighed.

"Well, mom, I am sorry to hear that. Listen, I have no homework so Will and I are heading to the movies. I would love to chat, Alex but I have to go get ready." Kayla said taking off upstairs to change.

"Well, I am glad that she is happy." Erelin said trying to smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww I am sorry Erelin that you and Brendon are having probs. What should his punishment be? lol!