Time to Dance

Abandonment Issues

I fell fast asleep and directly into a dream. It was a dream I knew I would not remember until I fell asleep again. It is always the same.

I looked around to find myself standing at the park. It was dark of course and chilly. I headed over to the swings where mom used to take me when I was little. They were also the swings where Nate shoved me off of when we were kids.

"What are you doing?" Nate asked as I sat down on a swing.

"I am swinging. Can I not do that?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"No, what do you think you are doing bringing up vampires and such to mom? Nate said letting out a big reveal.

"Ah, so it is true. Your dad does know about you and that means he knows all about my dad. Dad really was there the other night with you on the beach. Where is he?" I said getting up and making Nate back away from me.

"You have to drop this. You don't need to worry about what is going on yet." Nate said.

"Oh, but I do. I will find out. I am slowly learning things and granted I don't remember our conversations with what we talk about but I am getting closer to the truth. I will find out what is going on. I will protect my friends from the vampires. I am not stupid, Nate. You can keep me from not remembering our conversations but you can't take away my instincts." I replied.

"Drop it." Nate said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You are ready yet." He said looking away.

"Do you know what you are putting your own mother through?" I asked. "She is worried sick about you and your father is keeping her out of the loop. Do you know what secrets can do to a marriage? I have watched my mother and father almost be ripped apart because of how mom was. When things seemed to get better, look what happened to my parents, Nate.
Your mother needs to know what is going on. We are starting to feel abandoned." I said angry.

"I have tried to block this from her mind as I did Kayla but she isn't responding." Nate replied.

"Duh. She's your mother and that motherly instinct comes out." I said rolling my eyes.

"Dad knows what is up because he was having dreams and he has known since you were born, Alex that something may happen again later which is now. Your father confronted him when he was turned for help to keep his secret and look after you. When I was turned unexpectedly, Pete was there and then told me to talk to dad. I did. That is why you saw my dad packing my things." Nate replied as we started walking.

"You need to talk to your mother, Nate." I said scolding him.

"I know it is killing dad in keeping this secret. He hates lying to mom." Nate said.

"Well, I will find a way and tell your mother." I said.

"Listen to me." Nate said grabbing my arm and flashing his fangs.

"Oh, I know you did not just flash your fangs at me Nathaniel Boyd Urie." I snapped pulling away from Nate.

"Listen to me. You are in a dangerous situation. You need to drop this." Nate replied.

"No." I said. "I will find a way to tell your mom about you." I said stubbornly.

"Alexandra, you will drop this and not tell anyone when you wake about me or what is going on." Nate commanded.

"Fine! This dream is over." I said pissed off and then waking up.

When I woke, I woke up angry but I had no clue as to why. I looked over at the clock. It was almost seven pm. I reached over on my nightstand and grabbed my phone. Something compelled me to dial up Dean's number.

"Hello?" Dean answered.

"Dean, it is Alex. I think I will take you up on your offer to go as friends to prom." I said.