Time to Dance

Prom Night Has Arrived

Well, the day of prom had finally arrived. Will, Kayla, me, Dean, Lyra, Josh and his date Nonnie, a senior, all rented a limo to take us to the prom. Lizzie was spending the night over at Andy and Chrissy's house and I was to change over at Erelin's. Kayla insisted upon it because she says she needed help looking her best for Will but mainly it was to talk about Will. Everyone was to meet up here at Erelin's for the limo to pick us up.

"Alexandra, you look beautiful." Kayla said as I walked in her room in my red dress.

"I wish Nate was here to see it." She said catching me off guard. For once she acted sad, and it made me confused.

"Well, can you help me with my hair?" I asked changing the subject. "Mom isn't here to help me fix it and I am at a loss over what to do with it." I said.

"Sure. I would love to but actually, I need to finish getting ready. My mom wouldn't mind." Kayla said. "Mom! Mom, can you come up here?" Kayla yelled downstairs at her mother.

"What is it dear? Oh, Alex, you look beautiful." Erelin replied as she came into Kayla's room.

"Alex was wondering if you could fix her hair." Kayla replied.

"Sure." She said.

Erelin pulled my hair up into a half ponytail so that it my hair stayed long in the back. Then she got out a curling iron and added some curls to it and pulled some hair up over my shoulders since it was long. Then she hairsprayed it into place. Kayla had a silver clip with fake red jewels on it and Erelin placed it over the the ponytail holder to hide it.

"There." She said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Well, I will let you get your make up on and stuff." She said half smiling and walking out of the room.

I applied my makeup and fixed my purse up. I turned around to see Kayla in her dress looking pretty. She had a huge grin on her face that made me laugh.

"You are thinking about my brother seeing you in that dress aren't you?" I laughed.

"Am I that obvious?" She laughed.

Sure enough, we talked all about my brother. Finally, she managed to talk a bit about Dean. I was sort of taken aback by it.

"So are you and Dean a couple again?" Kayla asked.

"What? No!" I said getting up off the bed.

"You two have been talking again and he has been sitting with us at lunch. It is nice to see you smiling again." Kayla replied.

"This is coming from you who wanted nothing but me and Nate to hook up?" I replied.

"Well, Nate may never come back as much as I hate how that sounds. You know, we are twins. Aren't twins supposed to have some sort of connection? I mean, aren't we supposed to know when the other is hurt and stuff? I feel nothing. That is what has been bothering me. What kind of sister or twin am I that I can't even find my brother?" Kayla asked sobbing.

"Hey, you aren't a bad sister or twin. Nate will be found." I said. "Now come on, you don't want to ruin your makeup." I said handing her a kleenex.

"I am sorry for what I said about Dean. He could never be Nate." Kayla said.

"No, he will never be Nate." I said. "I do deserve to have a little fun though, right?" I said smiling.

"Darn right. We only have prom one time in our lives unless you are Josh who randomly begged a senior to take him to the prom." Kayla said laughing.

"He didn't beg her. They are friends but I think he hates how Lyra is meeting her date at prom. It is killing him that she shot him down." I laughed.

"Poor, Josh. He is still hung up over Lyra." Kayla said getting up and walking over to her jewelry box.

"What are you going to wear around your neck?" Kayla asked as she put on some pearls.

"This." I said taking the necklace with Nate's ring on it he gave me out of my purse. I put it on.

"That doesn't really fit." Kayla said.

"I know and to be truthful I don't even know why I am wearing it tonight but something inside me screams out that it wouldn't be right if I didn't wear it." I sighed.

"Kayla and Alex, Will is here. Erelin said yelling up the stairs.

"Oh, crap! How's my hair?" She said as I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
To see Alex's and Kayla's dresses again, the links are in chapter 27.