Time to Dance

The Get Together

"So guys what are we doing tonight? It is a Friday, you know." Kayla said as she threw her books in the trunk of Nate's car.

"How about we get the whole gang together." Nate replied as he stepped into the driver seat.

"Um, remember how psycho my mother is about me or my siblings being out late?" I replied.

"So we lie. We can tell her you are at one of our houses. There will be no worries. I mean, you are going to be eighteen soon. You will be your own adult. Live a little now." She laughed.

"I guess I could. Where would we be going?" I asked.

"How about the old drive in. They are playing back to back scary flicks tonight." Nate replied.

"Count me in." I said as I got into the passenger seat and Nate started his car.

"Ok, I am texting everyone now." Kayla replied. She was the fastest texter I knew.

(A Few Hours Later)

"Mom, I am just..." I replied.

"No. I don't want you out tonight." My mother said.

"I will be out with friends. Nothing will happen." I said.

"Dad this isn't fair!" I yelled.

"Honey, let Alex have some fun. She is going to be eighteen soon." My father said trying to get mom to change her mind.

"That is the reason I want her here." Mom said as her and my dad started to get into another arguement.

The doorbell rang and I ran to open it. "Surprise!" Kayla and Nate said.

"Where are you going?" Will asked.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I asked Will.

"Yeah." He said.

"Go get Lizzie." I said hearing how loud my parents were yelling.

"Are you sure you want to still go?" Nate asked concerned.

"Yes. It is time I start to break free and start living my life. What is she going to do, ground me?" I asked rolling my eyes.

I was always the straight A student so she couldn't ground me for that and I was responsible. I pretty much raised my brother and sister when dad went out on tour and mom was being, well mom. This was my night to have some fun.

Will, Lizzie, me, Kayla, and Nate all piled into Nate's car. "Where are the others?" I asked.

"Dean was grounded. Uncle Joe was not happy with him for fighting even though he did it to take up for you." Kayla laughed.

"Ok, what about Bailey and Olivia?" I asked.

"Uncle Patrick and Aunt Sam said no." Nate replied.

"Wow, ok, and here I thought that my mom was messed up." I laughed.

"Allison and Casey said no and Lyra and Sean said that they would meet us up there. Although, I think Lyra only wants to show up hoping to meet some guys." Kayla laughed.

"Like father, like daughter." Will replied having everyone in stitches. From what we have been told, Uncle Andy loved hanging out with the ladies until one person put him in his place which was Aunt Chrissy.

We arrived at the drive in and met up with Sean and Lyra. We parked our cars side by side and Nate had brought enough lawn chairs for us to sit out on. Nate asked me if I wanted anything to eat or drink as my cell phone went off.

"How about I catch up to you all?" I asked as everyone but Nate headed up to the concession stand.

"Are you sure you will be ok by yourself?" Nate asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"Ok." He said walking away as I looked down at my phone. It was my father who had called. I would rather talk to him then mom right now.

I called dad and he was worried but fine with me hanging out. He told me to have fun and that my mom would be ok. She just worries too much. I told him I loved him and then hung up. As I started to walk towards the concession stand, I stopped and turned around.

I noticed that there were woods behind the big screen. I started to shiver. Something just didn't feel right and I thought I heard the word soon through the night breeze. I then quickly bolted towards where my friends were at.