Time to Dance

Is That Jealousy You Are Feeling?

"Ok, kids. I think that is the last of the pictures." Erelin smiled.

"So, Josh, who is your date?" Lyra questioned.

"What's a matter Lyra, jealous?" I said as I walked by her.

I walked over to where Nonnie was sitting in the living room. She had on a teal dress . It was very cute and flirty.

"Hey, I don't know if you remember me but we were in the same biology class last year." I said speaking to Nonnie.

"I sort of do." She said.

"I'm Alex." I said sitting down on the couch. "Everyone is pretty cool except, well Lyra. Just excuse her. She has gotten so rude here lately that we all just tune her out." I said laughing as Lyra was steaming that I was talking to Nonnie.

"I met Josh in Chemistry. He is pretty smart. We were lab partners last year." She said trying to make conversation.

"I hope we don't freak you out because of our parents being famous. We are all just normal kids well other then my brother." I said pointing at Will who was doing anything Kayla asked. If she said sit, he did. If Kayla wanted a glass of water, he ran and got it for her. Nonnie laughed.

"Kids, the limo is here." Brendon said.

"Behave and have fun." Erelin said.

"Bye mom, and yes dad before you start, I know and Will knows to call home if we decide to do anything after prom." Kayla said kissing her dad and then walking out to the limo arm in arm with Will.

I just smiled at Erelin and walked out the door. I didn't really know what to say. "Your mother would be proud of what you and your brother have accomplished so far." Erelin said. I gave a half smile and turned around.

"Honey, I think I may recall your prom." Brendon said to Erelin as he shut the door and was about to kiss Erelin. Eww, I didn't need to see them through the window as I stepped into the limo.

"Guys, this is going to be the party of our lives!" Dean said. For once he has been really nice to me these past few weeks. I have been really proud of him for making the effort to rejoin our friends.

"Yeah, we are seniors!" Kayla said.

"Well, some of you aren't." Lyra replied aiming her comment to Josh and Will.

"Lyra put a cork in it already. I don't see your date." I said as everyone started laughing.

"Shut up! He said he would meet me at the dance. Besides, we are going out to eat first anyhow. He said he had a prior commitment to attend to before the prom started." Lyra said defending her man.

"Nonnie, I know I told you about everyone but these are some of my friends. The others are either a few years behind or already at prom." Josh said being polite. Then he introduced us all but I had already talked to Nonnie at the house. Lyra just kept her mouth shut but was evil eyeing Nonnie from across the limo. I was beginning to think her date was imaginary.

"Lyra, I have to ask you something." Nonnie said.

"What's that?" Lyra replied.

"What made you choose the dress you are wearing for prom?" Nonnie asked.

"It screamed out at me." Lyra said. "Why?" Lyra asked defensively.

"Because it screams out bite me to every male." Nonnie said pissing Lyra off.

"Oh, don't be like that Lyra. You know you said it at the shop." Kayla said in between making out with my brother.

"Uh, excuse you two." I said hopping over to break them up. "There will be no making out in front of me. That is a no no." I said laughing.

"What else can we say about being seniors?" Dean asked.

"Here is to our future?" Kayla responded as the limo stopped at the restaurant for us to eat at before prom started.

Tonight was shaping up to already be a fun night. With Lyra acting the way she is, everyone is on their toes. Now, if only we can survive dinner.