Time to Dance

The Princess Finds Her Prince

I couldn't believe my eyes. Was that really Nate that stepped into this ballroom? I grabbed my necklace, holding the ring, and remembered what Nate said when he gave it to me. If this was really Nate and not my imagination, then why now does he appear and where has he been? I knew that there was only one way for me to find out and that was to get up and walk over to him.

My heart was pounding. It is what is leading me to him. I have waited so long for this moment; for Nate to return to me. With everything that has happened to me, I was not going to let this moment slip away. I found my way over to him, ignoring everything and everyone as if we were the only two people here in the ballroom.

Nate had on a black tux with a red vest and bow tie to match my dress. In his hand he was holding a corsage; something Dean bothered not to get. All I could do once I approached him was to stand there as he placed the corsage on my wrist. When he touched my hand, shivers went down my spine.

"May I have this dance?" Nate asked as he led me to the dancefloor. I nodded my head.

"Nate, where have you been?" I asked sensing that something was wrong.

"You don't remember by touching my hand?" Nate asked as we started to slow dance. I nodded my head no and was confused.

"Don't worry about it now. I am here now, aren't I?" He asked as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Promise me that you will never leave me again?" I whispered.

"I promise." Nate said as I raised up for our lips to meet. His skin was cold. I pulled back.

"Nate, why are you so cold?" I asked.

"It's nothing to worry about. Did anyone tell you that you look like a princess and should own the night?" Nate smiled as he leaned in to kiss me again.

We kissed and danced for what seemed like forever. When I broke away from his kiss, I noticed people were staring at us. Then, I thought of Kayla.

"Nate, people are staring at us." I said.

"Let them. They see two happy people together is all." Nate replied. "You don't know how hard it is for me to be here right now. I have missed you and missed your touch for so long." Nate said.

"I am sure Kayla saw you come in. Maybe we should go see your sister." I said starting to pull away.

"No!" Nate said pulling me back to him.

"Nate, what is wrong with you? Kayla is your sister. She is your twin. She should know you are back safe and sound." I said giving him a confused look.

"I will later, promise." He said.

"You better or I will." I said.

"Oh, I already know you will." Nate mumbled and thinking I wouldn't hear.

"What did you just say?" I asked.

"Uh, I love you?" He grinned but put on the spot. I rolled my eyes. I knew what I heard.

"Everything is perfect now that you are here." I said wrapping my arms around him. They sure were playing alot of slow songs all of a sudden.

"Where is Dean, your date?" Nate asked.

"How did you know Dean was my date?" I asked.

"Uh, it was a lucky guess." Nate said but I could tell that he was hiding something from me.

"You don't have to worry about Dean. He did something terrible but I handled the problem." I replied looking down.

"Hey, did he hurt you?" Nate asked concerned lifting my chin.

"In more ways then one. I know you would never hurt me, Nate." I smiled leaning on his shoulder as we danced.

"Uh, yeah." Was all that he said. There was a pause and then Nate said, "How did Dean hurt you, Alexandra?"

I looked into his loving brown eyes. As cold as his eyes seemed now, I could see the familiar warmth to them. Nate looked almost like a younger, carbon copy of his dad. Kayla looked like her mother.

"Dean told everyone that we were dating when we aren't. He rented a room here and also told everyone that I was going to sleep with him. Lyra told me and Kayla what he had said and I confronted him in front of his new buddies. After I called him out on what he had said and turned around, he grabbed my arm forcefully and I swung my other arm around and decked him hard to where he fell on the ground." I explained.

"I never want to see him again. I thought he was back to his old self. After you disappeared we became friends again. He was someone I could talk to. The old Dean is gone for good." I sighed.

"Never say never. He is going through something right now. He just needs help finding his way back to the good side." Nate smiled.

"You always know what to say. I am surprised you don't want to rip his face off." I laughed.

"Well, you already took care of it for me." Nate laughed. "But, it still isn't right how he treated you and I don't like it at all." Nate said.

"I love you, Nathaniel Urie." I said.

"I love you, Alexandra Wentz." Nate said pulling me into a kiss.

I felt a sharp bite on my lip and Nate pull away. "Nate, what is it?" I asked grabbing my lip.

"This was a bad idea. I shouldn't have come." Nate said walking away without looking at me.

"Nate, wait!" I said chasing after him.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now time to announce our prom king and queen!" Elsie said on a mic as the music stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
From now on after this chapter I will be switching POV's here and there to make the story more interesting but I will always mark at the beginning whose POV it is.