Time to Dance

The Fun Time Is Over

"Nate?" I said pulling away.

"Yes?" He replied.

"I need you to bring my father home." I said.

"I can't do that. I don't even know where he is. All I know is that he went to find Kat. He had a lead on her whereabouts and something must have happened because of course she is dead." Nate replied.

"I know he had to have had a cell phone on him. I know you have heard from him. I fear that he is the only one who can save mom." I said trying to look out the big window with the sliding doors but they had thick black curtains up like upstairs.

"Your mom will be ok." Nate said.

"We don't know that! I can't be there 24/7 to protect her. What if this lunatic that is after me comes after her in the hospital." I said getting up.

"I won't let that happen." Nate said wrapping his arms around me tight.

"What does Dimitri want?" I asked looking at Nate. "You are my watcher. Aren't you supposed to know these things?" I asked sighing.

"I think your father knows." Nate said in my ear.

"Then that is all the more reason we need to bring him home." I said turning around.

"We can't. I can't leave you here vulnerable and I can't let you leave to find your dad. You have too many people here who need you." Nate replied.

"Do you have a laptop?" I asked.

"I do." Nate answered.

"Do we have internet access?" I asked not sure what my dad has been doing to this house.

"Your dad had it installed a month ago." Nate replied. "It is almost sunrise." Nate said.

"You can feel the sun? The windows are dark." I said walking over to the curatins.

"No, I can feel when the sun is coming up. It is like a warning system for us vampires to let us know that we need to find shelter." Nate explained as I peeked out the curtain.

"What's with the internet questions?" Nate asked.

"I have a plan. I am going to sleep for a few hours and then head to the hospital to check on Josh and Lyra. I am sure Andy and Chrissy are going out of their minds right now not knowing what happened or what is going on." I said.

"I blocked it temporarily out of everyone's minds." Nate finished for me.

"Good because tonight you are going to meet me at the hospital and we are calling a huge family meeting. That means you will confront your mother." I said.

"Alex..." He stopped.

"Don't Alex me and by the way your mind games won't be working on me anymore." I said about to head upstairs. "And since you have a laptop and can't go out, I suggest you look up about this Dimitri fellow. I want to know why he wants revenge and how he is still a vampire when they were all supposedly killed by my mother." I said taking two steps up the stairs.

"Oh, and by the way, find out what he is talking about with this war thing. Why do I dream of wolves and why did wolves save us last night?" I finished leaving Nate speechless.

I know he knows more then he is letting on. I am just suddenly too tired and exhausted to fight or talk to him anymore. I guess the fun time is over for right now and the take charge me must know answers.