Time to Dance

There Has To Be A Reason

I told Chrissy and Andy everything. I told them about how Lyra was acting and how we first met Dimitri, although I wasn't the slayer at this time. I told them how last night I became the next slayer and how Kat died. It was alot to process and take in.

"So where is your father?" Andy asked.

"I don't know. He went off to find Kat and since then he is missing. Brendon knew this whole stinking time." I said upset.

"Wait, but if Brendon didn't tell you this, then who did?" Chrissy asked.

"It was Nathaniel." Andy spoke up.

"That explains the mark." I heard her whisper to Andy. "Is he ok? Does Erelin know?" Chrissy asked about to whip out her cell phone.

"No! She can't know yet. Nate is ok but he wants to tell her himself. Plus, I want to be there when she learns that Brendon knew about him this whole time and did not tell her." I said.

"There had to be a reason." Andy said taking up for him.

"Whatever the reason is, my mother is laying upstairs in a bed. My brother, sister, and myself are without her right now and he knew where my father was this whole time and what happened to him. How could he keep that away from us. We had a right to know. I had a right. All these dreams and nightmares over the years and this could have been prevented." I said.

"I am glad that you told us." Andy said.

"I am glad someone else knows." I said with tears starting to form. "I don't feel so alone anymore." I said.

"Hey, we are here to help. You say the word and I can get the gang together to help back you up. It would be like old times for us." Andy replied.

"Well, at least you won't have that old clunker with you." Chrissy said.

"Uh, yeah." Andy said hiding something.

"Look, I don't want any of this mentioned until Nate arrives. He is coming when it gets dark. As a precaution, don't go outside at night. I have to go see Josh now but I shall be back. I have more to tell you and I don't think that you are going to like it." I said leaving the room.

I walked down to Josh's room and found it empty. I walked back to the waiting room and saw Kayla was asleep on Will's arm. They looked so cute together.

"Hey, baby bro." I said gently shaking him awake.

"Yeah?" He groggily replied.

"Where is Josh?" I asked.

"Oh, his doctor said he could go home so his parents took him home." Will said yawning.

"Look, it is still daylight for a few more hours. I want you to go home, change and meet me at Kayla's. I will be over there later. Ok?" I asked.

"Sure. I am starving and could use some of Erelin's filipino food." Will said gently shaking Kayla awake.

"Oh, and don't go out in the dark." I said warning them.

I watched as they left and walked to Lyra's room again. "How is Josh?" Chrissy asked.

"I don't know. He was released so I wasn't able to talk to him or his parents. According to Will though, Dean never came home last night. I know for a fact though, that he left before all the trouble began." I said and then I explained what he had done at the prom.

"Wow. I think I would have decked Andy if he tried something like that too." Chrissy said.

"Hey, I would never had said anything like that." Andy said.

"So what is it that you wanted to tell us that is important?" Chrissy asked.