Time to Dance

Leaving Is Never Easy

"Brace yourselves for what I am about to tell you." I said as Andy and Chrissy sat back down.

"I want you to take Lyra, Sean and the twins and get far away from here. Go back to Chicago. You will be safer there." I said.

"That is what you wanted to tell us?" Andy laughed.

"It's not funny. I am serious. Dimitri will find or call for Lyra and you both know it. He is only doing this because of me and his stupid war he keeps ranting about." I said.

"Honey, this is not your fault as we told you earlier. If we run, he will find us or her. We can't keep an eye on her 24/7 as much as we want to. I was bitten once. I know what it was like and I was willing to hurt whoever got in my way that kept me from the vampire that called for me." Chrissy explained showing off her scar.

"Mom never told me that you were bitten." I said.

"I thought it was something not that important to tell now." Chrissy said.

"Look, if you did take Lyra away to Chicago, I would feel better knowing that she is safe for the moment." I said.

"We aren't going anywhere. In fact, we are going to help you slay." Andy said.

"What?" I asked. "I don't think so." I said.

"Look, Pete, me, Patrick, and Joe, its what we all did." Andy said.

"Um, that was like nineteen years ago. No offense but you guys aren't that young anymore." I replied.

"Aren't that young anymore?!" Andy huffed.

"Calm down dear." Chrissy said taking his arm.

"You are going to need all the help you can get and training. I helped your mother train." Andy said.

"Honey, she ended up kicking your ass too." Chrissy said.

"Whose side are you on?" Andy asked.

"Yours its just that..." Chrissy said arguing.

"Enough." I said stopping them from arguing. "Look, I'm sorry. It's just that..." I began to say.

"It is just that you are a fresh slayer who thinks that they can take charge. I got that. But you need some guidance until your father comes back and I think Patrick, me, and Joe can teach you some things." Andy insisted.

"Fine." I said not wanting to cause any more arguements.

"It's starting to get dark." Chrissy said looking out the window.

"Don't let Lyra go anywhere if she wakes up. I just have a feeling Dimitri is going to be calling for her soon." I said.

"Where are you going?" Chrissy asked.

"I need to think. If you see Nate, remember he is a good vampire. Don't hurt him." I sighed leaving the room.

I needed a quiet place to think about things. I headed up to mom's room. When I arrived, there was a man I didn't recognize in her room.

"Who are you?" I asked.

The man looked at me and then quickly pushed past me. He took off running down the hallway outside my mom's room and down the stairwell. I went to check on mom. She was ok. Was this a human spy sent by Dimitri? He definately was a human but who was he?