Time to Dance

Control

"Lyra, baby, you don't want to leave us." I heard Andy say as Nate and I ran into Lyra's room.

"Andy!" I said.

"I think I got her." He said.

"I have to go. He is calling for me. I'm sorry." She said turning on her dad and knocking him onto the floor. Chrissy was unconcious already beside him.

"Whoa." I said in my thoughts as I saw Chrissy and now Andy fly across the room.

"She didn't know she did that. She won't remember until she snaps out of Dimitri's hold. He has her adrenaline going." Nate replied.

"Lyra, you don't want to do this. Snap out of it." I said as she looked around for a way to push past Nate and I.

"Dimitri wants me. I must go. He is outside waiting for me." She said with her eyes not the same as they normally are.

"Well, you have to get through us. I don't want to hurt you." I said.

Lyra came lunging at me and I grabbed her and slammed her onto the bed. First she screamed out in pain because I had her arms pinned behind her back as I pushed her down on the bed. The next thing I knew, I was seeing stars as she reared her head backwards and onto mine sending me back a bit and letting her go.

"Lyra." Nate said calmly as I tried to shake off the pain of the headbutt. Didn't that hurt Lyra? Ooh, she is going to feel that later.

Lyra stopped and looked at him. The way Nate said her name was calming. Andy was starting to come to.

"Lyra, he is in your head. You can fight him. Listen to my voice. You trust me right?" Nate asked calmly.

I walked over beside Nate. "Are you ok?" He asked in my thoughts as I rubbed my head.

"Peachy." I said. The pain would stop throbbing soon enough.

"I can't fight." She said clutching her head. "His voice won't go away." She said as her eyes tried to return to their normal glow.

"You can fight it. Tell him he can't win. We won't let him." Nate said.

"I'm sorry." She said lunging at Nate who grabbed her.

"It's ok baby." Andy said to Lyra as I realized what he was talking about.

"No!" I said.

"Alexandra, it is the only way to lose Dimitri's control over her." Nate said as I watched his fangs slide out.

"There has to be another way." I said.

Nate held Lyra close to him and pushed her hair away from her neck. I watched as he found the holes from Dimitri and then I couldn't watch. I ran out of the room and out of the hosptial. I had to find Dimitri. Someone was going to feel my wrath tonight.

I didn't care at this moment that I was just a green slayer. I was a newbie, I knew that. But I also knew I had to start fighting. If it is a fight Dimitri wants then it is a fight he is going to get from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Sammi as promised.