Time to Dance

Work With Me

"Are you sure you want to go here, miss? The docks aren't that safe at night." The cab driver asked as I stepped out of the car.

"Yes. Wait here. I won't be long. I am just meeting someone." I replied as I paid the man.

I turned around and started walking towards the empty warehouses. It felt eerie out here and the sun was almost setting over the water. There wasn't that much time and then it would be officially nightfall.

I heard the squealing of tires and turned back around to see that the cab driver took off, leaving me here alone. Great. Just take the money and run and leave a girl out here all by herself mister.

It wasn't going to matter. I had enough protection on me for both vampire and werewolf if I needed it. I know I am green on this whole slaying thing but I think I can manage this. Now where is Dean?

I didn't feel him around me. Why was he not here? Something didn't already happen to him, had it?

"Did you miss me?" Dean replied sending my senses on edge as I turned around to attack him.

"Whoa! Take it easy! It's me we are dealing with here." Dean backed up.

"What the hell was that? You know I am on edge." I yelled at him. My werewolf senses were going off.

"Alex, are you ok?" He asked.

"I'm trying to get used to this whole vampire/werewolf thing." I said composing myself. Dean wasn't a threat to me and I knew it, yet I had an urge to stay on guard.

"I'm sorry for scaring you." Dean actually sounded nice this time. "So are you here to join our side?" Dean lit up.

"No." I said.

"What? You are going to join the bloodsuckers?" Dean asked.

"No. I am not joining anyone's side, Dean. I am the slayer. It is my job to hunt and kill vampires and werewolves." I said tossing my bag down on the ground.

"So you are here to what, kill me?" He asked surprised.

I looked at him. "You really think I would kill one of my friends?" I asked hurt.

"Then what's in the bag, Alex?" He asked.

"Take a look." I said stepping back.

"Silver stakes? A sword?" He looked shocked.

"You need them for your protection. Dean, I came here to warn you. Your leader, Jake has been lying to you. He has an ulterior motive." I tried to explain.

"No. Is this some crap that Nate has put into your head?" Dean asked.

"Nate doesn't know I am here but come sunset, he will when he finds me not at the family meeting." I sighed.

"Jake hates the vampires. He wants you to join us. We would make a perfect team because we have a common enemy." Dean said grabbing my shoulders to make me look at him.

"Jake is also a killer. Half of his pack are. Dean if you stick around, you won't be like yourself anymore. You will start to lose your humanity. He's killed people before and Jake isn't even his real name. The wolf consumes your life. Remember prom? You weren't yourself. You were unstable." I whispered.

"I got myself under control." Dean looked away.

"Dean, look at me." I said touching his chin and pulling his face to look at me.

"I don't believe you." He said.

I placed my hands in his. "What are you doing?" Dean asked shocked.

"Close your eyes. If Nate can do this to me, then it should work with you." I said about to close my eyes.

"Alex?" Dean tried to let go.

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

"Not when you hang with a vampire." Dean replied.

"Dean!" I groaned.

"Fine." He said closing his eyes.

I concentrated and let my thoughts flow into Dean's. I tried to remember every detail from earlier. I started to show Dean everything I learned about Jake and the werewolves.

"Help me Dean. Work with me. Jake is bad and you know it. He can't take over your heart." I said in his thoughts after I had shown him everything I knew.

"But you are with that bloodsucker." Dean said pulling away and turning his back to me.

"Nate was your best friend. He still is and will be. Nate will understand when you come to the meeting tonight." I smiled.

"In case you have forgotten werewolves and vampires don't get along, period." He angrily replied.

"Dean, I hate werewolves and vampires. I am to kill them. I am the slayer. It's my job and I think if I can tolerate Nate, then I can tolerate you, too." I smiled as I touched his arm.

"Work with me and not against me, Dean." I added.

Dean turned around and pursed his lips together giving me a slight grin. "I can try but only for you. Are you really sure you love that bloodsucker?" Dean asked.

"Oh, Dean!" I said almost hopping into his arms and I gave him a hug.

I looked at my watch. It was eight already. "Crap!" I yelled.

"What is it?" Dean asked.

"The meeting is starting and I am not there. I thought I could make it." I replied.

"So. We will be a little late." He answered.

"No, Nate is going to call for me." I said. Then my face turned into pure horror. My slayer senses went off in a big way.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here, Dean?" A voice replied from the shadows. Dean and I both turned around to see Jake appear through the fog of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you guys think is going to happen next? hehe.