Time to Dance

Two Ways To Save A Werewolf

Dad and I walked into mom's room. There was still no change. I know me bringing Dad here would help her recover in some way but now wasn't the time and I think mom could sense something was up because I didn't have the need to fall asleep and recieve further instructions from her.

Once Dad held mom's hand and kissed her forehead he walked over to an empty chair as I sat in another one. I explained everything to Dad. I told him all about what he had missed and about the vampire/werewolf war that I was now a factor in. Dad just sat in silence, thinking. I could always tell when he was lost in thought.

"There are only two ways to help Dean." Dad began to say. As he began to speak again, Nate burst into the room.

"There you are! Oh, um, Pete, you are back." Nate replied as if he had done something wrong.

"Hello, Nate. I see you have been guarding my daughter like I asked while I was away but not good enough. I come home to find that she has been attacked by werewolves and is tied to one in a way." My dad replied angry but I could tell he wasn't really that upset with Nate.

"Hey, since when have you called my dad just Pete." I chimed in breaking up their conversation.

"Uh...nevermind that we have a big problem. I figured you would be here. I didn't have to feel for you. Dean has taken a turn for the worse. The doctors don't know how to get the silver out of his bloodstream. They fixed the wound but he's dying. The silver is killing him." Nate replied.

"No!" I said. "Dad?" I asked.

"As I was saying before Nate walked in, there are two ways to save Dean. One is to go out and find the werewolf tonight and kill him so that Dean returns to normal." Dad explained.

"And the other way?" I asked.

"The other way is for someone to draw out the silver which is like poison to him. The doctors aren't able to do that." He finished.

"So how do we draw the silver out of his system?" Nate asked.

"Only a vampire can do it." Dad replied.

"What! No way! You are saying that me or you have to do that?" Nate protested.

"Nate, please." I begged.

"You want me to save a dog?" Nate asked.

"Look, I don't like the idea either but we only have the two options. Look at it this way, you won't have to do it, if we kill the head werewolf first." Dad replied.

"Like that is going to happen. She hasn't even had a proper training yet with all the chaos going on." Nate huffed.

"Well, if you would have kept a better eye on my daughter..."

"Uh, guys. Guys! Stop fighting. I can do this. I have to. Dad, you are coming out slaying with me. We are going to hunt a werewolf. Nate, if we fail, then you have to bite Dean and draw out the silver. I'm guessing its harmless to vampires?" I asked.

"Yeah, it won't hurt us. It would be no different than eating food. We can eat it but not taste it cause it is nasty to us." Dad said.

"I'm only doing this for you." Nate said as I got up out of my seat.

"I know. I love you." I said holding onto Nate.

"I love you too. Please come back safe. You know how powerful of a werewolf he is after tonight. I can't lose you." Nate whispered in my ear before he kissed me.

"I will take care of her. Alexandra won't be alone, Nate." Dad said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"If he gets worse before I have a chance to kill..." I said.

"I know what to do. Don't worry. Just be careful." He said pulling a strand of hair behind my ear and touching my face.

"We should be getting now." Dad replied before he walked out of mom's room. I looked up at Nate one last time and gave him one of those powerful kisses; the kind that sends shivers down your spine. Then I gave a slight smile as I let go of his hand and followed my dad.