Time to Dance

Change Of Heart

(Lyra's POV)

Everything that has happened in the last week has been so crazy and weird. First, I get put under a crazy vampire's spell and almost deliver my best friend to him. Then, I get bitten again by the crazy vampire only to have Nate bite me and release me from that vampire's control as of last night. Eww. Just gross. Now I am under Nate's control. I bet Alex is so thrilled about that one.

Mom and dad filled me in on everything that has happened once I returned to normal if that is even what I am now. Then they left me several hours ago to attend some meeting at Nate and Kayla's house, but now chaos is going on around me again. My mother has returned and is sitting here in my room trying not to panic and I can feel Nate is in the hospital here somewhere, which means something isn't right but no one is telling me what is going on.

"Mom?" I say.

"Mom? Mother!" I snap.

"Oh, yes honey?" She finally answers.

"What is going on? Is everything ok with dad?" I ask since he isn't in my room.

"Oh, your daddy is fine." She says staring back out the window in my room.

"It's late. Why is Nate here? Did somethign happen to Alex?" I ask worried.

"How do you know...oh wait nevermind." She replied realizing that I know since Nate had bit me to save my life.

"I want the truth, mom." I said.

"Lyra, Dean was admitted to the hospital. They don't think he is going to make it." Was all mom could get out as she moved to sit on my bed.

"What?" I said in disbelief.

"Alex went out against Nate's wishes to talk to Dean tonight and they were both ambushed by Jake and his men. Jake is the werewolf who turned Dean." Mom explained.

"How is Alex?" I asked concerned because if Nate is here, I know he wouldn't be here because of Dean.

"She's fine. Pete finally returned. He is taking Alexandra out to find Jake and kill him. Things don't look good. The doctors can't get the silver out of his bloodstream and the only way to save him is to kill the head werewolf or..." She paused.

"Or what?" I asked.

"Or Nate has to bite him to draw out the silver." She said looking down.

"I don't understand. How does he have silver in him anyway?" I asked.

Mom then explained how you kill a werewolf and about the fight Dean and Jake had. I was now concerned. Dean can't die. We are all friends; best friends. Sure we have all had to grow up fast here lately and had our fights but number one we are all family.

Josh! Oh my goodness. He was with me at prom and tried to save my life. I know mom said he was released last night but now to have his brother back in here tonight?

"How is Josh doing?" I asked.

"I...I don't know." Mom replied.

"I have to see him." I said trying to get up out of bed.

"Lyra, you need to rest. You lost alot of blood." Mom replied.

"I don't care. I have to see Josh." I said getting out of bed.

"Careful." Mom replied catching me as I wobbled once I stood up.

"I have to tell him how I really feel about him. He helped try to save my life and I was such an ass to him." I said feeling bad.

"Honey, it wasn't your fault. You were under Dimitri's spell." Mom said as she fixed my hospital gown.

"I don't care. I have to apologize and be there for him. Dean is his brother and I know it has to be tough for him right now." I said as we left my room and walked towards the elevators.

When we had arrived to the ICU unit, I saw everyone minus the twins, Brendon, and Lizzie. Joe, Bev, and Nate were with Dean I take it. I looked over and saw Josh standing next to Kayla and someone else who had their back to me.

Josh turned around and I smiled at him as our eyes met. Then I watched as he wrapped his arm around another girl; the one whose back was turned to me. I saw as she turned around to see what he was looking at. He was standing next to Nonnie, the girl he took to prom. My heart sank. Why was she here?