Time to Dance

The Trouble With Dean

School let out and Nate was going to ride me over to Dean's house. Kayla was going to take the bus home with Will and try to explain to my mother about why I did not come home right away. I would soon get a call anyways.

"Thank you for doing this, Nate." I smiled.

"Anything for you." He replied as we left the school.

I could drive but my parents hadn't bought me a car yet. I could drive theirs but I didn't really want a fancy car. Something simple would be nice enough. I couldn't see driving a fancy car to school. What is the point? I don't know maybe I ground myself a little more then most people.

"You never did tell me what you want for your birthday." Nate replied on the drive over to Dean's.

"Oh, well, uh, I haven't really thought about it. I mean, you know I hate my birthday." I said.

We arrived at Dean's and as soon as Nate and I walked up the steps, Aunt Bev and Uncle Joe were already out the door hugging us. You would think that they haven't seen us in months or something.

"Oh, Josh told us that you may be coming over. Don't stay long though. Dean has been running a high temperature for the past two nights. He snuck out of the house Friday night and didn't come home until sometime Saturday morning. When Joe went to check on him, he looked pale and had a nasty bite mark and scratch mark on his left arm. We were so worried that we took him to the ER where he recieved stitiches and an antibotic. He is so grounded when he is feeling better but our main concern is him getting well." Aunt Bev said leading us to Dean's room.

"Dean, are you awake?" Aunt Bev asked as she opened his door.

"Dean, it is me, Alex, and Nate here to visit for a minute." I said as we stepped in.

"I'll leave you be." Bev replied leaving the room.

"What do you want?" Dean asked harshly with his back turned to us.

"We came to visit since you are sick." I said.

"How are you feeling, man?" Nate asked as Dean still kept his back turned away from us.

"How do you think I am feeling right now." He replied upset.

"Hey, chill, Dean. Nate is your best friend. We are all just worried for you." I said walking closer to him.

"Don't come any closer." He said stopping me in my tracks.

"What is a matter with you?" Nate asked.

"My arm feels like it is on fire!" He yelled. "Then he yelled, "Get out!" "Get out and leave me alone! I don't need you Alex to take care of me!" He said turning his body to face us finally.

His face was pale and his hair was kind of scraggily. You could tell that he hadn't shaved since Friday as well. I was shocked and I also saw his arm bandaged.

"Come on, Alexandra. If he doesn't want us here, then we should go." Nate said as I started to run out of Dean's house crying.