Time to Dance

Back To School

I went to school the next morning, wondering if this whole plan of ours to help Nate and Dean graduate was going to work. I wasn't sure on all the details yet. I just knew that between my brother and Dean's brother, we had two of the most computer savvy nerds who could do anything with a computer which included hacking into one.

"So when are you finally coming back home? I miss talking to you." Kayla replied.

"Today, actually and you knew where I was. Your dad could have dropped you off you know." I said as we walked to our first class together.

"I asked dad and he said he didn't want to. There were too many memories. He said something about it was where he found mom as a vampire or something, I don't know." Kayla replied.

"That was years ago. And your mom?" I asked.

"She just had the biggest, weirdest grin on her face and told me she was busy or ask my dad." Kayla said.

"Think about it Kayla. Your mom was a vampire." I said.

"Yeah but dad got turned back into one too." Kayla cut in.

"Ok so your dad was one too but that happened later. I mean think about it. Brendon thinks Erelin is dead, he finds her and she is a good vampire and you know vampires are hot because I seem to be dating one..." I started to stray thinking about Nate.

"Ahem!" Kayla fake coughed.

"Oh. Right. Sorry. So anyway as I was saying what do you do with a vampire who you find attractive..." I said thinking about my own parents. Eww!

"Eww! No way! Your parents wouldn't let them do that in their own house! Gross now I have a mental picture!" Kayla said as we took our seats.

"Well, I mean that's what your dad said. He said there were too many memories. And why else would your mom be smiling?" I laughed.

"Ok, stop it!" She said giving me the hand.

It was the last few days of school and there really wasn't anything to do. The teachers mainly just tried to give us busy work but we all knew it didn't count because our grades were turned in a week ago. Class night would bring the results of everyone's GPA and final grades.

"Pss." Kayla whispered as we were supposed to be writing an essay on what we would miss about school.

"What?" I whispered back.

"So how do you think our brothers are gonna do it? It's not like they are going to sneak onto school property right?" Kayla whispered.

"Shh. Someone might hear." I warned her.

Finally the bell rang and we walked out into the hall. "Knowing Will he probably give my brother all A's." Kayla beamed.

"Oh, and why is that?" I asked smiling.

"Because Nate deserves them but I am way smarter then him but Will will do it thinking that he is doing that for me because he is my brother but I am going to have to make him understand that Nate can make a few B's and still pass. I should get the 4.0 average." Kayla said closing her locker.

"Oh and how are you going to tell my brother that exactly?" I asked.

"I have my ways." She said as Will and Josh walked down the hallway.

"Hi Will." Kayla replied winking at my brother. It was like he melted into a puddle when he saw her. He was puddy in her hands.

"Hi, babe." He said putting his arm around Kayla and kissing her.

"Ok on that note, Josh do you want to walk me to my next class?" I asked.

"Well, actually I thought I would walk to the library and see if Nonnie is working as an aide." Josh replied.

"Oh so you and Nonnie are getting pretty serious?" I asked as Lyra came up behind us.

"It might be." He said blushing.

"What did I miss?" Lyra asked.

"Uh nothing." Josh said as his eyes locked onto Lyra's. "Catch you later?" He asked turning to leave us.

"Just don't forget about tonight. Don't let some girl cloud your mind tonight!" I yelled after him.

"He is getting serious about her, isn't he. That's what you two were talking about?" Lyra asked a little hurt.

"I'm afraid so." I said giving Lyra a hug.

"I'm over it now. I blew it and I'm dealing. Promise, no more of your equipment is going to get hurt." She sorta laughed.

"Can I ask you something though, Alex?"

"Sure." I replied.

"What's going to happen to us after graduation? I mean we all were so close and now everything seems to be falling apart like we are moving on in our own ways. Plus, we have evil bad guys out there. You are like the glue holding everyone together. If you ever leave us, I don't think any of us could survive on our own." Lyra replied worried.

I was about to speak when I heard a familiar voice. "Look who has finally arrived."

I turned to see Dean bowing and thanking everyone who was still left lingering in the hall not afraid to get in trouble now for being late to class. "Thank you. Thank you." He said as I shook my head.

"Man, I am so gonna miss this place. Your dad and Nate seem to have everything in control so far. Not one person has asked me where I have been." Dean said wrapping his arms around me and Lyra.

"They might not be but you are hmm, an hour and a half late for school." I said looking a my watch.

"Hey at least I made it here." He smiled.

"I don't know what's worse, surviving high school or surviving vampires." Lyra laughed as Dean escorted us to our next class.