Time to Dance

In Trouble Now

We burst into the office and to the right by the chairs where bad students sit was Joe laying on the floor face down. "I got him." Nate replied kneeling down beside him. "He's alive, just knocked out. No bite marks."

"Watch out!" I yelled moving forward and past Nate. A vampire, no doubt one of Dimitri's goons hopped over the secretary's desk and was ready to attack Nate but I stopped him. The vampire apparently was hiding behind the desk when he heard us come in.

Four more vampires came out of hiding from the counselor's office. Nate shoved me down out of the way from an attack of two and I rolled over to get up to face the other two vampires. I had to admit, Nate was dead sexy when he fought.

We took down the four vampires easily and I got a sickening feeling and almost fell over. "What is it? Dimitri?" Nate asked holding me up, afraid that I was going to change into that freak mode and that he wouldn't be able to stop me.

"No. He is here but oddly, I'm ok with that. It's something else." I said starting to move past him.

"Let me go first, there might be more vampires. You just guide me." He said holding his hand out. I took it. We were going to find my brother, Josh, and my dad. I didn't want to think the worst.

"There!" I said as we were on guard. I pointed to the head principle's office. The windows were busted out like someone had tried to make an escape. The desk looked like a mess once we stepped in. I started to feel pure nausea take over me.

"Alex?" Nate whispered.

"I'll be ok. Isn't this the room where Josh and Will needed to fix the records?" I asked.

"Yeah, but they aren't here." Nate observed.

"Except the windows are busted out. Maybe they had to make an escape? The desk is cluttered too. Someone else was here looking for something." I said walking over to the desk then I screamed.

"What is it?" Nate said quickly appearing by my side. He gasped as he saw my dad propped up behind the desk with a stake in his heart. But that couldn't be.

"Dad? Dad!" I yelled but there was no response and Nate and I kneeled beside him.

"He's not dead is he?" I asked realizing why I had been feeling bad this whole time.

"No. He was staked above the heart as a warning. He would be dust if it hit his heart." Nate said pulling the stake out. My dad made a slight noise but never moved.

"I'm calling the others. We need backup and cleanup crew." Nate said dialing I guess what was his parents number.

"Wait. Josh and Will must have bolted. We have to go after them." I said after Nate quickly relayed a message on his phone. I hopped out the broken window careful not to cut myself followed by Nate. I knew exactly where to go. Dimitri was there.

We ran back to the front of the school. I felt sickened all over again. I had good reason too. Nate and I were way outnumbered plus Dimitri had Kayla captive with his goons and Will was in his hands. Josh was laying on the ground.

This wasn't happening. For one split second I was frozen in place. I heard my brother tell Kayla he loved her then watched with horror as Dimitri sank his fangs into his neck. I watched as he fell to the ground.

"NO!!" I screamed about to lunge after Dimitri.

"Alex, no!" Nate said holding me back. I was fighting and trying to break away from him.

"No, Alex. We can't help them right now." He said as I could tell he was filled with pain too.

They knocked Kayla out and placed her, Will, and Josh into the black vans that were behind him. Dimitri snickered. "What, no hello to your family. No fight this time?" He laughed.

I started to feel rage slip into me. I started to feel like I did in the woods minus the part where I had to fly over to Dimitri. He slipped into a van and took off. I turned punching Nate in his jaw to break away and took off running towards the vans.

"Alex, they're gone. We need to get inside and wait for help." He replied catching up to me.

Nate held me as I sank to the ground. I didn't cry. I just wanted to attack. I tried to still fight Nate even has he held me but he didn't let go. "We'll get them back I promise." Nate tried to soothe me but it wasn't helping.

"You have to let me go, Nate." I said as calm as I could.

"No." Nate said holding me tighter.

"Look its my brother he has!" I yelled.

"I know. He has my sister too." Nate said still appearing calm.

"Don't you want to save her? Don't you care about me at all? You have to let me go, Nate. I have to save them. I am the only one." I said.

"I care about them Alex. You are the slayer. I can't let you go in alone. This isn't you talking. I know you want to storm in there and save the day. That's the Alex I know but I can see it in your eyes, this isn't you. You want to go so you can be with Dimitri." Nate said knowing me all too well.

I didn't say a word after that. After Nate made sure I wasn't going to bolt, we made it back inside to the principle's office. There I sat with my dad hoping he would wake up. He looked paler then most.

"Maybe I can make him drink from my arm." I said grabbing a letter opener off the desk.

"No. My parents and Patrick are on the way to clean up the mess. They are bringing blood for Pete." Nate said making me drop the letter opener.

"Sit." Nate commanded me as I took a seat in the chair across from the desk.

I don't remember much after that. I know Erelin, Sam, Patrick, and Brendon cleaned up the office as best as they could minus the broken windows and fixed the computer on the desk so that there would be no suspicion that grades were being changed. The school would see that an intruder broke in but that it wasn't anything serious in the morning.

I also knew that they got my dad and Joe out of there. I was trying to process things. Why would Dimitri want to be here at the school?

"Alex?" You want some water?" Erelin asked as I snapped back out of my thoughts and realized I was now in the kitchen at her house.

"No, thanks." I said.

"Your dad is going to be fine. He is resting in Nate's room. We got some blood him." Erelin said patting my shoulder. I just nodded. I heard Nate whispering to his dad, Brendon about me. They stopped when I looked over at them.

Then I felt nausea sweep over me again. I grabbed my stomach. Then I reached for my neck. I pulled my hand away only to see blood on it. I screamed.

"Alex what is it?" Nate said rushing over to my side.

"The blood? Don't you see it?" I asked.

"No. Alex what's wrong?" Nate asked looking into my eyes.

"Will. No, not Will." I said starting to get hysterical.

"Son, you are going to have to sedate her." Brendon said.

"No. I'm not biting her." Nate said arguing.

"I have to go to him. He's my brother!" I said flinging my chair across the floor as I got up. I tried to make it to the their back door but was stopped.

"I can't let you go. I'm sorry, Alexandra." Nate said in my ear.

"Please, Nate, don't." I whispered and then he gently sank his fangs into me. The room started to spin and then I slipped unconcious.