Time to Dance

Killer Date

(Kayla's POV)

I awoke to a killer headache. I opened my eyes and reached for my forehead. I tried to sit up but failed miserably. I did apparently have a bandage on my head; then it all hit me. I remembered being captured and knocked out by one of Dimitri's men.

I looked down as I finally sat up and saw I was in a red dress that I know I was not wearing before. The thought of Dimitri or some other vampire touching me made me sick to my stomach. I moved my hand over to my left and felt a body. I jumped. Everything was still a bit foggy to me.

I looked over to see Will laying beside me. I remembered Dimitri biting him and then Will collapsing on the ground but not before he told me he loved me. I carefully reached over to touch his neck, the side that Dimitri had not touched to find that Will's body was cold, as in dead body cold.

"No!" I jumped off the bed. Ouch! Ok note to self, moving too quickly with a head gash, not too good right now.

I wanted to puke right now. I looked around the room to see that I was in some sort of large bedroom that had a window. I walked over to it to find it had a balcony. I looked out the window to see that it was still nightfall and that there were many vampire guards down below. I looked around some more at my surroundings to find that I was in a huge mansion built victorian style. That explains the furniture in the room I am standing in.

My heart ached as I left the window and walked over to Will's side. Will couldn't be dead. I took my fingers and traced the wound left by Dimitri. It had been cleaned up obviously but the puncture marks remained. "I'm so sorry." I whispered by Will's ear. "What is Alex going to do without her brother? What am I going to do?" I said starting to sob.

Then it hit me. I looked over at the mirror on the wall across from the bed. The makeup I was wearing to the way my hair had been fixed; even the dress I had on. I looked over at Will again to see him wearing a black tuxedo with a red vest and tie to match my dress. I backed away from Will again. Dimitri turned Will and he is going to be waking up hungry soon and I am to become his dinner.

A note slid under the door and I picked it up. It read,"Welcome to the family as I hope you are now up dear Kayla. Soon, Will will awake and be part of my family. The slayer will have no choice but to join me now seeing that her brother already has. And you will be right there with Will, looking as lovely as ever never having to age. The choice is yours but I assume you won't choose death. By the way I hope you like the outfit I had picked out for you. Red is your color dear."

I dropped the note as I could almost hear Dimitri laughing in my head. I was not going to die and Will was not going to change me either. I didn't have a plan but I needed one fast. I started to see Will move as he was coming back to life on the bed. I broke a chair and picked up a nice, pointy piece. Then I wasn't prepared for what happened next.