Time to Dance

Automatic Eyes

(Kayla's POV)

I had nowhere to run to. If I made it out the window before Will could catch me I would still have to jump two stories and possibly break my neck from falling. If I open the door which I am sure is probably locked somehow to keep me in here, there are Dimitri's goons outside waiting to have a snack with me. I was screwed.

I walked over to the bed carefully with my makeshift stake in tow. Dimitri made it sound like Will wanted to join him. I find that hard to believe but with vampires you can never be too sure and if Will was a nasty vampire waking up to have a meal, I couldn't let him try to hurt me. As painful as it is I have to stake him, because my Will would never hurt me and this Will in front of me is just a monster in his body.

I took the stake in both hands and raised them down to stake Will's heart. Just as I was about an inch away from his heart, Will opened his eyes and grabbed my hands, knocking the stake away from them. He let out a growl as I tried to get away and flung me against the wall that the window is on.

He was too fast for me to even move. Now Will was standing in front of me and had a hold of my left wrist. Will's fangs were out and I knew he was out for blood.

"Will, please. Don't do this. You don't want me. No, see , um, if you kill me, the slayer will be after your ass which is your sister by the way." I said trying to stall him. Will only grinned a half wicked smile but one that still made my heart race as he licked his lips.

"I'm hungry." He said slamming me back into the wall. I tried to fight him but even for a weak vampire he was still strong. I did forget though that he had the extra strength from his mom so he was in a way a half slayer when he was human.

"Will." I pleaded noticing how his eyes were dark. I closed my eyes as he leaned into my neck and sank his fangs into my right side.

What I thought would be a forceful bite wasn't. I started to see things like a dream and wondered if this is how my life was going to end until I realized I must be seeing Will's memories as he drank my life away. At least I will see how my beloved died before I do.

I was brought back to the school and Will's first bite and him telling me that he loved me. My heart started to ache. Then I was brought to a large room that I couldnt see that well. Josh was there and was already on the floor. Dimitri laughed and told his goons to dump his body. Then he told Will how Josh refused to take his blood so he forced him and that sunlight would kill him the moment he woke up and realized what he was.

It was Will he wanted and that I was an added bonus. Will shouted some things at Dimitri that I could not hear, but Dimitri just laughed. Then he grabbed Will by the neck and tore into him. I started to cry. He tried to get Will to drink from his wrist but Will refused so I watched as Dimitri forced him to drink. I quickly remembered what our parents had said it was like being forced to turn into a monster and understood.

Then I saw Dimitri throw Will on the ground and laugh leaving him to take his last dying breaths as a human. "No! Will!" I suddenly screamed finding my voice as tears fell down my face. And then the pain was over. I opened my eyes thinking I was dead but instead saw a scared, confused boy in front of me. I wasn't dead. There was hope.

"Kayla?" A confused Will replied. I looked in his eyes to see my Will had returned frightened but fighting for his sanity.

"Will." I smiled touching his cheek. "Everything is going to be alright now." I said not caring that he bit me. I remembered what dad went through with mom when she was turned and how it takes awhile for a good vampire's memory to return. "Sometimes they need help rememberin", dad told me once.

"What happened?" Will asked and then he noticed my neck. He went to touch it briefly but stopped.

"It's ok." I said grabbing his hand and touching my neck with it.

"No." He said pulling away and shaking his head. "It's not ok. I'm...I'm a monster." Will said turning his back to me.

"Will, you are not a monster. You couldn't help it." I said touching his shoulder.

"Don't. Don't touch me." He said pulling away and moving to the bed.

"Everything is a little fuzzy to you isn't it?" I asked.

"Some things. I'm still hungry and want to kill you right now. That's not fuzzy and I know its wrong thats why this is so hard." He said as I stepped closer to the bed.

"Go ahead." I said kneeling in front of him and offering my neck.

I watched as he looked at me. I could tell that he wanted to bite me again, to taste my blood. Part of me actually wanted him to bite me again as weird as it sounded but the hurt and look in Will's eyes told me he was battling himself and winning at the moment.

"That's what I thought." I said as I moved next to him on the bed.

"You brought me back. I remember now." Will half smiled that wonderful smile that always drove me crazy.

"I don't understand." I replied. "Are you talking about giving me your memories because that was cool however you did that when you bit me." I added.

"No but that helped bring me back to me; myself. You made me stop biting you and woke me up with your tears and pain for me." Will replied.

"Ok so what do you mean that I brought you back?" I asked still confused.

"Dimitri forced me to turn as you saw. As I took my last breath however, I saw that beautiful white light. I thought maybe I didn't have to become a monster after all. I could be in peace. So my soul after I died, drifted towards the light but I had to turn around one last time and I saw an image of you in pain. I heard your voice. I knew I had to come back. I had to save you and my sister. So I chose to be a monster to help you." Will explained.

"But you're not a monster." I said hugging Will.

Will touched my neck gently. "I am sorry." He said suddenly acting and looking a bit older like he had matured.

"Don't be. I still love you and always will." I replied.

"That's why we are bound now. You are my soulmate." Will said leaning in to kiss my neck. I about died as my heart skipped a beat and then started racing.

"Someone is ansy." Will laughed. I laughed too until he silenced me.

"What is it?" I whispered.

"Dimitri and he has ten of his men with him." Will answered.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I am a vampire, duh. Vampire hearing and sense of other vampires remember?" He said as I rolled my eyes.

"What does he want now?" I asked worried.

"Dimitri wants to make sure I woke up. He thinks I am like him and wants to use me to get to my sister. And he wanted to make sure I turned you." Will replied.

I heard footsteps come from down the hall. "What are we going to do? We are outnumbered?" I asked hopping off the bed.

"Do you trust me?" He cockily grinned as he stood behind me.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you trust me?" He asked holding out his left hand.

"Yes." I said taking it.

"Then hold on to me tight and don't let go." Will replied.

I held onto Will as he held me in his arms. The doorknob was starting to rattle and I could hear Dimitri talking outside the door. It took me a second to realize that Will was going to jump out the window.

"No, are you crazy? We'll fall and break our necks!" I snapped.

"It's the only way. Besides you might but vampires land on their feet. Here we go!" He said taking a running start towards the window.