Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

-----Alex------

"You know, you just keep reminding me of reasons to commit homicide, Brian if you come anywhere near her and I will hurt you, not only did you nearly kill her but you cheated on her, got her pregnant too, she doesn't want to see you."

I sighed as I looked at Jimmy who hand both his hands firmly planted on my shoulders, he nodded as he kissed my head. "Let him talk."

“Are you crazy?” Matt turned around.

“Just do it.”

“Fine,” He grunted and moved out of Brian’s way. He walked in slowly and stood next to my bed.

“Alex,” He took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, for everything. These past weeks, it’s my entire fault you’re like this. Why Cory ODed. Why our tightly bound family fell apart in a matter of days.”

"You're right," I nodded as I took a deep breath. "You broke my heart Brian, in more ways than one," I smiled sarcastically at that. "But its okay, time heals everything."

"I never meant for this—"

"You mean you never meant for me to find out?" I tilted my head as I sighed heavily. "Well it happened, and I will never be the same with you Brian, I grew up with you, I thought you were my best friend."

"Alex I am—"

"No Brian, you're a liar, a cheat and a complete fool to throw away everything just by not talking to me about it, I would have said go to her, I'll be fine. Because I trusted you and I knew if it was just a fling then you would come back."

“But I didn’t want to hurt you,” He said softly.

“Well, you did,” I scoffed. “Did you just come here to apologize? Because you’ve got a girl waiting for you back in ICU.”

"Alex—"

"Don't apologize anymore," I held my hand up. "I don't like hearing lies."

"I'm not lying."

"Oh of course not, you never lie," I said dryly as Matt walked up and grabbed Brian's shoulder.

"Get out man, you're stressing her."

"Alex I do love you, I just don't know what kind," Brian stood up and looked down at me. "And I'm sorry that I couldn't love you like you deserve."

“I’m sorry, too,” I shook my head as Brian was pushed out of the room.

-----Cory-----

“Fuck this,” I mumbled, stood up, and walked down the hallway till I spied a few men covered in tattoos. That must be them. I hobbled over and leaned on the closest one to keep my balance.

“Cory?” Zacky looked down at me, wide-eyed.

“Hey, babe,” I smiled weakly as he grinned.

“What are you doing out here?” he asked and pushed me into a room.

“Cory!” Alex shouted from the bed.

“Shhh,” I held up my finger. “I’m not supposed to be here.”

“You snuck out of the ICU?!” Jimmy yelled softly.

"They won't fucking give me food, or let me use the phone anymore," I grumbled as I leaned against the bed and laid down beside Alex. "Hi."

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Better, weak but better," I smiled as I looked up at her, she looked restless and upset. "Did something happen?"

"Brian came by," she looked down at her hands as she picked at her nails. "Everything is okay though."

"It went bad huh?"

"Slightly," she grinned

“You know, I was laying in the ICU, thinking…” I began. “And I don’t want to be with Brian.”

“What?!” Everyone’s jaw dropped.

“Not with the way he’s acting right now,” I shook my head. “Maybe I’ll find someone who’s not dating my best friend,” She looked around the room.

"I'm not getting back with him, even though I'm carrying his child," Alex looked down at her stomach. "This will be fun and scary at the same time."

"I'll help you as much as I can," I smiled as I patted her hand. "You can come and move in with me so you don't have to be near Brian."

"There isn't any need," Matt spoke up. "She's going to stay with me, I'm not letting her out of my sights, and she nearly gave me the damn heart attack when Zacky and I found her on the pier."

"The pier?" I asked as I turned to her. "You could have fallen in the water!"

"Well, I was watching the water and then my chest started hurting a lot, I fell to my knees and stayed there for awhile until I fell backwards and laid there until it got dark," she shrugged as if it was nothing.

“At least I would still have been there if I died,” I laughed slightly. “One of you guys would just find me dead hunched on my desk.”

‘I’d be traumatized,” Zack shook his head.

“Has anyone seen Corrine?!” A nurse ran down the hallway past the door.

“Oh, that’s fantastic,” I scoffed sarcastically. “They’ve started a manhunt for me.”

"They probably think you're in the bathroom holding your head in the toilet trying to drown yourself," Alex teased nudging me in the side; I giggled and shook my head.

"Or hell on the roof ready to jump," I giggled as I shook my head. "Man I went stupid."

"Yes you did," Johnny nodded his head. "I had no clue, I was at home sleeping off my hangover and I get a call from Jimmy saying Alex is missing."

"Bet that scared you to hell and back," Alex giggled

"Corrine is missing," another nurse said to a doctor outside the door. "We can't find her and she's on suicide watch."

"I'm not killing myself, what do you think I could do, hold my head in the toilet?" I shouted.

“Corrine!” A nurse yelled and rushed inside. “You need to get back to your room immediately!”

“Fuck no.”

“But-“

“My ass I’ll go back,” I shook my head. “You’ll have to drag me back.”

“Oh boy,” The nurse shook her head and left the room.

“I told her,” I smirked triumphantly, stood up, and looked over to Zack. “Hug now damn it.”

“Uh, okay,” He said reluctantly and pulled her into a hug.

“Thanks again for, you know, saving my life,” I stood up straight and kissed him softly. “I owe ya.”

“Corrine!” Another nurse screamed from the hall.

“I’m coming!” I sighed and half waved. “I’ll see you guy's later, bye!”

-----Alex-----

“Bye,” We all said as she walked out of the room.

“Did I just have an epiphany or did she-“

“Kiss Zack?” Matt finished my sentence. “Yeah.”

"Damn it to hell, she's stealing all my men!" I shouted punching the mattress. "First my boyfriend then my twin, good lord I'm going to have to spay her!"

"She's not a dog," Johnny said slowly.

"But it would help," I gave him a look that said Agree or I will harm you in weird ways and he nodded.

"Alex do you want me to stay with you tonight?" Matt asked turning to me. "I'm asking you to say yes because you really scared me earlier and I don't want to leave you alone near crazy people with lots of needles and flat liner reviving things."

"Defibulators?"

"Yeah that," he shrugged it off. "Oh and meds, scary."

"Yes you can stay, I need a fluffy pillow anyway," I giggled and looked at Zacky. "No I don't need a footstool."

"Damn it."

“You’ll stay anyway,” I shrugged.

“Yay,” He smiled slightly as I laughed.

“And Jimmy and Johnny can stay, too,” I added. “Maybe someone can keep Cory company.”

"But of course," Jimmy smiled as he leaned back. "Johnny go sleep in Cory's room, keep her company."

"Alright," Johnny walked over to and kissed my head before he walked out to go find Cory.

"Wonder where Brian went if he didn't go to Cory's room," I mumbled as Matt climbed up in bed with me, he leaned back and pulled me over so I could rest my head on his chest.

“Home, probably,” Matt sighed. “Or a bar.”

“If he’s upset now,” I began. “Just imagine when Cody ends it with him.”

“He’ll be devastated,” Jimmy nodded.

"He made his own bed Alex, let him sleep on it awhile, he'll realize he had it coming."

"But Matt," I whispered looking up at him. "I don't want him trying anything stupid."

"He may be an idiot, but he isn't that stupid," Jimmy said as he stretched his long legs over the end of the hospital bed.

“I’m not so sure,” I shook my head. “He can go crazy at times.”

“I’m sure he’ll be fine,” Matt insisted as Johnny walked back into the room.

“Uh, guys,” He said softly. “Corrine is gone.”

"Where did she go?" I asked as I leaned off Matt's chest to stare at Johnny.

"I don't know, the nurses are freaking out because she ran out of the hospital yelling about the bar fire, I'm slightly worried…"

"Matt," I whispered looking up at him. "Go check on Brian now."

“I don’t know where he is either!” Johnny screamed.

“Then go find him!” Matt growled, Johnny nodding and running out of the hospital.

“Matt, I’m scared,” I said softly and looked up at him.

“Just take a deep breath,” Matt rubbed the side of my face.

“Okay,” I nodded and took a breath.

-----Cory-----

“Oh shit,” I sighed after walking all the way from the hospital back to my house to get my car. After I got home, got dressed, and found my keys, I rushed to Johnny’s Bar as fast as possible. As I drove up, I could see the carnage done by the fire and my heart must have stopped beating.

Please let Brian be okay…

I jumped out of the car and ran over to one of the paramedics. “I’m looking for Brian Haner,” I said frantically as the EMT pointed to another ambulance farther back. “Thank you.”

“No problem,” He nodded as I dashed over to him.

“Cory,” He mumbled as a female EMT bandaged up his arm.

“Brian!” I cried and wrapped my arms around his neck. “I’m so glad your okay.”

“How did you find out?” He looked down at me and kissed my forehead.

“One of the nurses told me.”

“And they let you leave?”

“No,” I shook my head. “But I didn’t care; I was going to find you. I had to know that you were safe.”

“Corrine,” Brian said softly. “I love you.”

“I-I-I-“

Oh fuck…

“I love you, too.”

"You do?" he asked softly, I nodded as I kissed his forehead.

"But Brian we have a lot to talk about," I whispered.

“Oh,” Brian sighed. “Okay. All that matters is that you love me.”

“Yeah,” I nodded.

I can’t break up with him.

-----Alex-----

“You think their okay?” I asked through the silence.

“Who?” Matt woke from his slumber.

“Brian and Cory.”

“Yeah,” Matt nodded. “I’m sure their fine.”

“Okay,” I said softly as someone opened the door. Everyone woke up and glanced over.

“Hey guys,” Cory waved, Brian standing behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

comment