Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

"Brian," I sat up with wide eyes, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he said as he limped into the room with Cory at his side, "How are you?"

"I'm fine," I shrugged as Matt pulled me back down and whispered for me to relax in my ear. "Matt I swear to God if you tell me to relax one more fuc—"

"Alex," Brian smiled sadly and slightly drunken as he walked over and patted my hand. "Listen to him, you need to rest."

"I can't rest when everyone I love is either hurt, about to get hurt or purposely hurting themselves," I glanced at Cory, who grinned sheepishly. "Plus, I've been asleep and I'm fine."

"If you say so,” He sighed as Cory grabbed his hand.

“You shouldn’t be walking around, Brian,” Cory said softly and worried. “You need to get treated.”

“I’m fine,” He insisted, Cory frowning and looking to me for help.

"No you're not Brian, please go and let them just look you over and make sure you're not dying from the inside," I sighed as I tilted my head with a crooked smile, "Pretty please?"

"Already happening but alright," he sighed and walked out with Cory.

"Already happening what?" I asked Matt, who looked at Jimmy, who sighed and looked at Zacky, who looked at Johnny with narrowed eyes.

"Well," Johnny started as he crossed his arms over his chest, "Maybe he means his heart is breaking or something, I don't know."

"But he has Cory now,” I protested.

“That doesn’t mean he still doesn’t love you,” Matt looked down at me.

“But he didn’t want me,” I insisted. “He wanted her.”

“But he could still love you, too.”

“I don’t think so,” I shook my head as Cory walked back into the room.

“They took him to an examination room,” She sat on Zack’s leg and looked at me. “Alex, can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.”

“Alright,” She nodded slowly. “Why did you forgive me?”

Stunned by the question, I tilted my head and paused to think up the answer, why did I forgive her after she fucked my boyfriend and father of my child? Oh right, because it made them happy. "Because you can't stop who you love and if you love someone why be stopped, if you two would have told me when you first wanted each other than I would have said Alright, if you love each other, have at it I want you both happy but other than that, if I didn't believe that love is one of the strongest things you can live for, than I would have fought you to the grave," I smiled softly and shrugged, "But I didn't because I know in my heart, that if you love something let it free, if it comes back to you than you were meant for it all along, or something along those lines, and I know Brian is my best friend and everything, but he's not meant for me."

"You love him so much though," she said with teared up eyes, I smiled and motioned her over, she sat on the edge of the bed and let me hug her to my chest, where she wept softly, "Why do you forgive me, I feel like you should call me a bitch or a slut and never talk to me again."

"I'm not like that," I shook my head and rubbed her back, "I like my friends, and I like them happy as I said before, I do love Brian, I really love him but I'll get over it."

"But I basically stole the father of your child, the love of your life,” She choked. “For once in your life, be selfish. Yell at me, please. I’ve ruined you life, and you just brush it off like nothing happened. Stick up for what you want, don’t just take it. You so selfless and will do anything to see your friends happy, but just be a bitch about this. I stole your lover, for god’s sake. Think about yourself for a change. Get mad at me. Please…”

Sighing softly I sat Cory up by her shoulders and straightened my back up. "You bitch, who the hell do you think you are coming into my house acting like you're a true friend and you're only intention was to get into my boyfriends pant? Do you have no shame? No dignity or self preservation? I think out of all the low people in the life I have lived that I have met, you are the lowest and the most selfish to take away the only man I have ever trusted more than myself, so when you think you have the time, go find you're self esteem and shove it up you're ass then call me in the morning for another dose of reality, kay?" I tilted my head and threw my arms up to the side. "That want you want? Or do you want me to use my full vocabulary of swear words?"

"Yes!” She grinned through tears. “That’s exactly what I wanted.”

“You strange, strange girl,” I shook my head as she laughed, still crying.

"I just wanted to be told something besides I wanted you're happiness shit or I love you, its really beginning to get to me," she sighed and hugged me again.

"For the record, I don't hate you, I love you too," I grinned as she groaned.

"Stop it!"

"We love you Cory!" all the guys said at once.

"Well, you shouldn’t,” She shook her head. “I am, what Zack had called me earlier, a home-wrecker.”

“You called her a home wrecker?!” I glared at him.

“Maybe,” He looked away. “I was just in a fit of rage.”

"Jackass," I mumbled as I turned back to look at a sorrow filled Cory, "Cory, stop beating yourself up, please."

"I sent you to the damn hospital! You almost died because of me!"

"No I almost died because of me," I pointed to myself, "I had a panic attack because I was thinking to much, and you can't help it I have a heart problem, neither can I and I learned long ago to stop focusing on it and start focusing on life."

"See this is why we love her so much, she's way more positive than any of us combined," Matt hugged my side, "I wonder where she gets it?"

"Not from us,” Cory shook her head and leaned back on the bed. Jimmy stood up and in front of her legs, smirking. “What?”

"Nothing.”

"Are you sure?” She asked, scared.

“I’m sure.”

“Why do I not believe you?”

“I dunno,” He shrugged and continued smiling.

“Please stop, your scaring me, Jimmy,” She covered her eyes with a blanket.

"Jimmy," I said slowly, he looked over and sighed with a smile. "Leave the poor girl alone."

"But its fun making her nervous," he whined as he hugged my leg, I thought for a minute he was going to rip it off. "Please can I continue."

"No, not unless she approves."

"Oh Cory…"

"Fine,” She mumbled from under the blanket. “But I’m allowed payback.”

“Okay,” He shrugged and continued glaring at her. She pulled the cover off her face and looked at me.

“He’s scary!” She squeaked and looked up to him. “Just get it over with! The suspense is killing me!”

"I'm done," he smiled and sat back down. "That's all I wanted, her to admit that I'm scary and the suspense is killing her."

"Jimmy, stop being so damn weird," I rolled my eyes as the door slowly opened with a creak. "Brian what did they say?"

"Broken arm but other than that I'm good," he held his black cast arm up. "Pretty cool huh? Have to get white gel pens to write on though."

"Sweet,” Zack smirked. “I’m drawing a dick.”

“Great,” Brian mumbled and sat on the edge of my bed.

"So you decided to burn a bar down?" I asked with a smile on my face, he looked up and grinned before shaking his head.

"No Alex, some idiot beside me figured he would test the theory of alcohol burns when lit on fire and then threw it at the other bottles when he burnt his finger," Brian shook his head. "Idiot fell on me and pretty much took the brunt of the backfire."

"Well,” I sighed. “We’re all glad your okay.”

“That’s good,” He nodded and poked Cory in the belly button. “Rape.”

“You can’t rape the willing,” She giggled.

“Ewww,” I stuck out my tongue. “Are you two gonna be all flirty, now?”

"Oh," Brian's smile faded and he looked up at me, "I'm so sorry Alex."

"Good lord you two don't get it, I'm over it, I just personally don't like watching anyone flirt in front of me, its awkward."

"You shouldn't be over it," Brian snapped as he shook his head. "I disrespected you, I broke you're trust, I cheated on you. Shouldn't you be, I don't know, pissed off?"

"You sound like Cory,” I laughed slightly and closed my eyes, leaning back on Matt. “I’m fine, I promise.”

“If you say so,” Brian shrugged and looked back down to Cory. “Smile.”

“I feel bad, now,” She said softly.

"I swear," I said through clenched teeth as I kept my eyes closed and my face planted in Matt's shirt where I laid my head after a minute, "If you both don't fucking get happy I'll shove this IV needle in my arm, up you're asses and combined you two until you smile."

"She's a sweet girl but when she's mad, you better listen," Brian laughed slightly. "Alex, are you sure I mean, I know you're whole life you've always dreamed of love and a family."

"I'll have it one day Brian, don't worry about me."

"Okay,” He frowned.

“Get happy, damn it!” I screamed.

“Okay, okay!” Brian kissed Cory’s forehead.

“Happier!”

"How happier can we go? I'm slightly depressed!" Cory shouted as she grabbed Brian's face and held it away from her. "I'm serious Alex, I can't do this, especially in front of you."

"Oh get over yourself, you're not that special," I winked as I looked up at Matt. "Tell them to stop being little bitches and get over it like a bridge?"

"Fine,” Matt sighed. “Stop being little bitches and get over it.”

“You people will be the death of me,” She sighed and held Brian’s face in front of hers.

“What do we do to prove to you that we’re happy?” Brian asked.

"First of all you could stop whining," I nodded my head with my eyebrows raised in sarcasm, "And two you could hug."

"No kiss?" Cory teased.

"Do you want me throwing up?" I shook my head slowly.

"No,” Cory shook her head rapidly and wrapped her arms around Brian’s neck as he pulled her onto his lap. “There, happy now?”

“No.”

“What?!” Her jaw dropped. “Why?”

“It doesn’t seem sincere,” I frowned playfully.

"Oh you know what," she glared at me. "I'm not hugging him anymore, you're just trying to make us feel bad."

"Well, it worked for a moment there," I smiled as I looked over at Brian. "Get over it you big pansy, hug and make up, both of you over here and hug me now damn it."

"Alright,” Brian smiled slightly as they both sat up and hugged me.

“Yay, I’m happy now!” I grinned.

“It’s about time,” Cory mumbled.

"Oh I've been happy home wrecker," I teased as she whined, I laughed and pushed her slightly as Matt stood up.

"I'm going to get some coffee," he announced and took off out the door, Brian looked up at me and smiled.

"Can I sit down?" he pointed to where Matt had been, I nodded and smiled as he sat down beside me, he raised my gown up slightly showing my white boxers that I made Matt get me while everyone else went to look for Brian, he rubbed my stomach softly and kissed it. "I'm going to be a dad," he whispered softly, then looked up at me. "Right?"

"Right," I nodded as I rubbed his head, messing up his already messed up hair. "And don't you forget it Haner, I let you off the hook once."

"This is a bit awkward,” Cory sat back down at the edge of the bed. “I’m dating my best friend’s baby daddy.”

“That does sound weird,” Zacky laughed slightly.

“Yeah,” She nodded and looked at me. “Now I’m jealous of you.”

"Well, let him impregnate you, don't take much you know," I nodded which caused Zacky and Jimmy to bust out laughing and nearly stop breathing.

"Very funny," Brian glared at his friends then looked back at me. "Not funny Alex."

"Well, she said she was jealous, if she wants a kid by you its kinda easy."

"Guys,” Cory said softly. “I’m serious. I can’t help it that I have to watch the man I love have a child that isn’t with me. It hurts, but you wouldn’t know that.”

"Here we go again," I whispered as Brian looked up at Cory with sad eyes. "Cory I can't help I'm pregnant and I'm sorry but I'm having this kid with or without Brian, it may hurt you but think of it as if you were in my shoes, which's hurting more?"

"Alex—"

"I'm getting sleepy," I looked off to Zacky. "When Matt gets back tell him to lay with me, I don't like sleeping alone."

"Alright babe," he nodded with a frown on his face; he glanced from my face to look at Brian and Cory with narrowed eyes. "I think you guys should leave for right now, it'd be the smartest thing to do."

"Yeah,” Brian sighed and picked up a teary eyed Cory. “See you guys later.”

“Bye,” We all waved as he carried her out the room.

-----Brian-----

“Cory, please don’t cry,” I looked down to Cory as she cried in my arms.

“Brian,” She sobbed. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be,” I smiled warmly at her and sat her in the passenger’s seat.

“I just,” She mumbled into her hands. “I’m jealous of her, I guess.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image