Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

"Baby?" Alex called from the kitchen. "Come here and get you a piece of this cake, its huge as hell!"

“It is!” Cory added, laughing.

“Alright,” I grunted, stood up from the couch, and walked into the kitchen in between Cory and Alex. “Holy shit, that is big.”

Cory turned to me while Alex was still admiring the cake and mouthed Just like you! And began giggling.

“What’s so funny?” Alex looked to Cory and asked.

“It’s nothing,” She took a deep breath to stop from laughing.

"Oh," Alex whispered as she glanced up at me confused, guilt that had been settling in my chest slammed full force into my stomach. She's so beautiful, so amazing and yet, she wasn't for me. "Brian, want a big piece?"

"Nah I'll skip, I'll be hungry tonight, I promise," I smiled as I touched the icing then poked her cheek with it, her face lit up and she giggled.

"I'll get you back Haner," she giggled as she looked at Cory. "I'll get your help."

"Nah, I don't want to hurt him," she caught herself with a laugh. "That's your job."

"Good point," Alex sighed as she wiped the icing off her face. "I'll be right back, I need to go and get some plates."

“Okay,” We both nodded as she walked out of the kitchen.

“Oh my god, Brian,” Cory moaned. “I’m dying.”

“What?” I laughed slightly.

“I need you to hold me again,” She said softly. “It just doesn’t feel right without you.”

“I know,” I nodded in agreement as Alex walked back in.

“Everyone looks sad,” Alex frowned. “Something wrong?”

Yes, I cheated on you and am going to do it again tomorrow.

“Nothing,” I shook my head. “Nothing at all.”

"Are you sure, you both look like you're best friend just died," she said sadly as she looked at Cory then to me.

Oh how close you are my dear, how close you are.

"No, just missing you," I laughed as she smiled happily.

"Well I'm back so turn that frown upside down," she giggled and looked at Cory. "Honey are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Cory lied, badly at that.

"Are you sure, I mean if you need to go or something I won't hold you here to eat pink cake, I promise."

"I'm fine Alex," Cory said more sternly that time. "I'm just in a gloomy mood today."

"Aw, well everything will be okay, tomorrow is another day and you'll be fine."

"Of course," Cory smiled as she looked at me, the flicker of want flashed in her eyes.

"Hey honey, what are you doing tomorrow?"

God please have mercy on my soul.

"Nothing, probably visit Matt and Zacky at the studio, what about you?"

"I'm going to ride the bike through the coast, I'll be gone most of the day, I didn't want to worry you so I wanted to make sure you were doing something," I made up real quick, god this comes too easily. “I’ll keep myself busy,” I reassured.

“Now what about you, Miss Corrine?” Alex turned to Cory. “You seem to have no life. Show up at the studio, annoy the fuck out of Brian with Zack, and then go home.”

“Well, I haven’t been going home,” Cory explained. “I do have a life, you know.”

“Okay, just asking.”

“And I’m just explaining,” Cory laughed slightly. “Now can I have some of that pink cake?”

“Jab,” Cory poked me in the arm as I sat watching Matt record.

“What?” I turned to her, she simply grinned. “Stop, or I’ll have you right here.”

“Now, that’s not too smart,” She lectured. “What if one of the guys finds out?”

“We’re fucked,” I shrugged.

"What would they do if they found out Brian?" she whispered with concern.

"They would probably beat the shit out of me, cut me off from ever seeing Alex again and probably throw me out of the band," I nodded slowly

"You have a lot to lose."

"And you have nothing to gain," I said with slight annoyance. "I can't let them know Cory."

"I know," she nodded

"I'll see you at the beach," I whispered as I stood up and walked over to Alex, I kissed her cheek and whispered I loved her in her ear before I left to drive to the cove.

-----Alex------

"Well folks I have to go," Cory looked down at her cell and sighed. "My sister needs baby formula."

"Alright, be careful," I said waving goodbye to her, as I turned around I sighed looking down at the notebook in my lap.

"Hey baby girl," Matt walked up to me and kissed my head. "Where are Brian, and Cory?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

COmment!