Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

"Brian went for a drive and Cory went to take her sister some baby formula," I explained

"That's strange," Matt hummed as he looked over at me. "She doesn't have a sister."

“What?” I asked.

“Cory is an only child,” Matt explained.

“Well, than what the fuck is she doing?” I said, irked. “Why would she lie?”

“I have one reason,” Matt said softly. “But it makes no sense.”

“What is it?”

“It’s nothing,” Matt shook his head. “Just call her and ask.”

“Okay,” I sighed and called Cory.

“Hello?” She answered angrily.

“Cory?”

“Oh, hey Alex,” She grunted. “What’s up?”

“You don’t have a sister, what are you doing? For real?”

“I said sister?” Cory said, shocked. “I meant neighbor. I’m sorry; I’ve been so hazed lately. Like I’m losing my mind.”

“Oh, it’s okay,” I nodded. “Just clarifying that. Thanks.”

“Welcome,” She said sweetly before hanging up.

“So?” Matt looked over to me.

“She meant neighbor.”

“And you believe her?”

“I trust Cory,” I explained. “She would never do anything stupid. It was an honest slip of the tongue.”

Matt smiled sweetly at me and rubbed my hair back from my face. "You really need to stop trusting people so much babe, not everyone is going to be honest and truthful as me and the guys," he made a face. "Well at least me and Jimmy, Zacky and Johnny."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked softly as I looked up at him, then to Jimmy who had sat down on the other side of me.

"Nothing babe, we're just saying not to let your guard down," Jimmy said softly as he chuckled and pretended to punch my arm. "We're the only men you should trust damn it!"

"I trust Brian," I argued, but the look on Matt's face made me think twice. "Don't I?"

"I don't see how you wouldn't, he's you're boyfriend," he sighed as he looked up at me. "Call Brian now…see if he's okay."

"He won't hear me."

"Come on, we'll use a random phone," he mumbled as he grabbed my arm and lifted me from the seat, Jimmy followed as Matt dragged me from the studio to the front desk, he smiled at the secretary and leaned against the desk. "Can I borrow you're cell Janet?"

"Sure Matt," she smiled as she handed him a blue razor phone, he held it out to me and smiled.

Why is he being so secretive?

I nodded slowly as I dialed Brian's number, as soon as it picked up I heard a giggle that sounded like Cory. "Hello?" Brian grunted then started laughing. "Hello?"

"Who is it?" Cory whispered

"I don't fucking know, Hello?"

“Brian?” I said softly.

“Oh, Alex!”

“Oh fuck…” Cory said in the background.

“Brian, what’s going on?” I asked. “Is that Cory?”

“I’m home watching your birthday video,” Brian explained. “When she dropped the cake.”

“Oh.”

That would explain it.

“Why are you calling? Is something wrong?”

“No, no, nothing’s wrong,” I shook my head. “Just was wondering what you were up to.”

“Oh, nothing at all, really,” He sighed. “I’ll talk to you later, then?”

“Okay,” I said. “Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

-----Brian-----

“Oh fuck, that was close,” I sighed and rubbed Cory’s leg.

“Brian,” She said, sitting on my waist. “I was so fucking scared. Does she suspect us?”

“Nope,” I shook my head.

"I feel bad for doing this," she whispered looking down at us then back to my eyes. "I feel bad for her, for us doing this to her, we're hurting her."

"I know," I nodded as I wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Brian we really have to say something to her if we keep this up, I can't do this anymore knowing that we're lying to someone we both care for," she whispered

"I know Cory," I licked my lips. "We will, as soon as we come up with a good speech."

"Let's go," she whispered
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment