Sequel: Friendly Affair

Public Affair

Public Affair

I took the cigarette from my mouth and threw it on the ground as I walked up the pathway to the front door, Alex's car wasn't here meaning I had some time to think, time to get rid of the guilt for her and desire for Cory. I was almost to the door when my face was slammed into it roughly. "What the fuck!"

"What the hell are you doing man?" Matt's rough voice nearly screamed. "She may believe you but I know a fucking lie when I hear it and I know the pain in her fucking eyes, she doesn't want to believe something is wrong!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I yelled as I pushed away from him and turned around. "What are you on?"

"Don't fucking pull that with me!" he shouted punching his chest. "I have heard you for two weeks, two fucking weeks say you have to leave to go somewhere without Alex, or Cory has to photocopy this and it takes three hours or she has to run a errand that brings her back frazzled as fuck, who do you think you are fooling Brian!"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Brian," he calmed down slightly. "You're lucky I got to you when I did, Jimmy was about to murder your ass man, you are slowly pissing everyone off, because you're not man enough to tell the woman that worships the ground you walk on that you're sleeping with her best fucking friend!"

“Matt,” I said softly. “It’s more complicated than just me sleeping with Cory.”

“How could it be?”

“It’s not just a lust thing, Matt,” I sighed. “I like Cory. A lot. And that’s what’s making this so hard. And you don’t think we both don’t feel bad for doing this? She and I feel like shit, but we can’t stop. It’ll kill us.”

“Brian, man,” Matt mumbled, both of us walking into the house. “All the rest of us are disappointed in both of you. I’m sure Zack is catching up with Cory right about now to have the same talk we’re having.”

“Matt, please don’t tell Alex,” I shook my head and begged.

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“I’m trying to stop, I am!” I insisted. “I just can’t shake my feelings for Cory.”

“I’ll try not to tell her,” Matt said. “But I can’t promise anything.”

“Just try, please.”

-----Cory-----

I sat on my couch, my face buried in my hands when I heard my door slam open and someone stomp angrily in.

“Zack?”

“You fucking slut.”

"Wh—what?" I asked as I pulled my hands from my face, he was pacing in front of the entertainment system, completely pissed off.

"You're fucking Brian! You're fucking him and you know damn well that Alex is his girlfriend and she loves him more than anything!" Zacky screamed as he stopped and pointed at me. "You fucking home wrecker! Alex trusts you."

"I—I didn't mean for this to happen Zacky, I really like Brian, I didn't want to hurt Alex, I really didn't."

"Stop fucking crying, it's your fault, both of your faults. You expect no one to find out when it’s so painfully obvious that Alex has to make things up just to ease her pain, she basically told me and Jimmy that Brian was riding everyday so that he could feel free, she knows damn well he hates riding for long distances because he complains about his balls hurting!" Zacky stomped over to the chair and sat down.

"I'm so sorry—"

"No, don't fucking tell me how sorry you are, believe me I know," he chuckled sarcastically. "How about telling Alex, the woman who has called you her best friend for these past couple months, she has never had any girl friends Corinne, do you know she asked me when she first met you if it was safe to have friends, she was scared that people besides us would hurt her," he stopped and shook his head while rubbing his neck. "I told her—I fucking told her that you wouldn't hurt her, that not everyone is evil in this world."

“Oh my god, Zack…” I said softly, the tears escaping my eyes as I fell on the ground, leaning on his knees. “What have I done?! I’ve ruined my best friend’s life, for my own selfish reasons! You right, I’m a fucking home-wrecker, a whore…”

“Corrine,” He rubbed the side of his face. “At least you're finally realizing what you’re doing.”

“I do,” I nodded. “And now I really regret ever going to the fucking beach in the first place. Zack, I’m a fuck up. A horrible, dreadful person. And I hope you can forgive me for all this shit I’ve caused…”

“Cory,” He lifted up my chin and smiled slightly. “I’ll forgive you, of course I will. You’re my best friend. You just need to fix this huge mess you’ve made.”

“I do,” I nodded and rubbed my eyes, laying my head on his knees again. “I fucking hate myself…”

"Hey Cory," Alex skipped up to me as I walked into the studio doors, my heart hit my stomach with a large thump as she smiled innocently at me like a young child. "I was wondering," she stopped and smiled. "Brian's birthday is in a week, can you help me fix a surprise party?"

"Of course," I whispered with a tired smile. "I'll help you."

"Oh you're the best!" she hugged me, and that’s when the feeling of busting out in tears hit me, I held it in as she laughed and ran off for Matt, who was at the desk. He looked up at me with knowing eyes as Alex jumped onto his back. "Cory! Don't let him know! He's at the store right now getting some sandwiches for us, so mum’s the word."

"Mums the word," I repeated with a smile.

-----Alex-----

"What's wrong with her?" I whispered as Cory ran off for her office, Matt glanced out the corner of his eyes at me and smiled.

"She's probably tired."

Ignore the wonder, ignore the pain.

"Oh right," I nodded as I kissed his cheek. "Wanna give me a piggy back ride to the couch so I can jump on Zacky?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image