Status: Active.

Living a Million Miles an Hour

What?

I rolled over in my bed.

Wait, my bed?

That thought normally would've been calming if my head didn't feel as if my brain was repeatedly pounding against my skull, and if I could actually recollect last night events.

"Fucking hell" I muttered.

Goddammit That only meant one thing. I blacked out and that is never good. I've only been black out drunk a few before. According to my friends I had became the typical 'drunk girl slut'. That thought scared me the most because there was no telling what I would've done in a house full of males.

I made a mental note that I never wanted to go over to that house again.

Not for handsome James, adorable Sam or clingy Cameron. And most certainly not for the douche bag duo Danny and Ben.

I was in the shower in the process of conditioning my hair when I began to have a mini heart attack "Fuck." I cursed out loud. I quickly rinsed my hair and stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around my body "Where the hell is my cell phone?" I searched my room up down, left to right and all around. Groaning I tied back my short brown hair with a bandanna and quickly put on some clothes. I had to go back to the place I had just promised myself not go anymore.

"Um, excuse me young lady," I hear my mother's voice as I was tip toeing downstairs. Busted. "Where do you think your going?" I turned around on the top of the stairs is where she stood.

"Good morning, mother" I said in a pleasant voice with a smile.

"Alpa Renee' Joice, I am very disappointed in you!" she began to scold me "Getting blackout drunk with those boys was very irresponsible of you. They could've easily taken advantage."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get to that state" I apologized realizing my mother wasn't angry I consumed alcohol but that was sloppy drunk around a bunch of guys "It won't happen again, I promise"

I knew it was probably a lie but I had to say something that would satisfy her enough just to let me go over just to get my cell.

"You better not."

I just said wouldn't! is what I wanted to say. Instead "I think I forgot my phone over there" came out my mouth.

"Well, you can't go over there now" my mother side briskly crossing her arm.

Aw shit. When ever mom crosses her arms its never good. For example, she crosses her arms every time Dylan gets a report card. Her arms were crossed when she found out I pierced my navel before making me take it out, etcetera.

"What?" My smile faded "Why not!?"

"Our packages arrived" she pointed to the serval parcel packages in the living room.

"Just let me go over real quick. I'll be right back"

"It will have to wait, Alpa. Think of this as punishment for your last night actions"

I don't believe I've ever worked faster in my life. I didn't have much stuff come in but my main dilemma was that nothing was labeled and some packages contain both my mines, Dylan's and moms in one. I'm usually not the type of person to go crazy once they don't have their cellular device in possession but there was a chance one of the guys could my phone before I do. What if they went through it? The fear was irrational because I had nothing to hide and a pattern lock, but still!

Once I'd separated everything. I began to take my belongings to my room. Walking up the steps Dylan came running by with an RC helicopter.

"Watch it!" I yelled as he made it swirl around my head.

"Make me!" Dylan taunted. On another day I would've let his childish antagonizing go but this morning you could say I was particularly irritable.

"That is it!" I muttered and dropped my stuff and turned around to face my kid brother at the bottom of the staircase.

"Make me!"

"Fly that thing near my head again. See what happens." I dared and just as suspected Dylan took the bait. I grabbed the toy mid flight to my face.

"Let it go!" He yelled pushing the buttons frantically on his controller. I could tell wasn't expecting it. His light blue eyes went wide with shock.

"Get bent" I stuck my tongue out and took my stuff along with the toy.

"I'm telling mom!" I heard him yell before his fast footsteps faded away. I knew he probably wouldn't tell. Dylan rarely told on me, he'd find some revenge in which I'd have ploy away to get back. Basically, I had just started another 'Sible War'.

~XxX~


"I don't know," my mom said shaking her head. We're standing the kitchen and it was in the afternoon now.

"I've done everything you told me to do!" Pleaded exasperatedly flailing my arms once.

What more do you want from me, woman?

"Did you clean your room?"

"Yes" I partially lied. Honestly, I just made my bed and threw the rest of my stuff in my closet to be sorted out later.

"Did you take everything out the parcels?"

"Yeah, I did"

"So all your posters are hung up?" She questioned.

Now she was just making up stuff for me to do. I didn't understand; yesterday my mom was basically pulling my teeth trying to get me out this god forsaken place. Now I can leave? What. The. Fuck!?

"Oh, Anna, let the child go get her cell phone" my grandmother cooed coming in the kitchen her old laboratory retriever named Thorton following her. Thorton looked at least hundred and fifty years old. She smiled at me.

"Hey grams"

"Mom," my mom started to say grandma but she interrupted "Besides, she just probably wants to see that boy again."

"Boy?" I asked "What boy?"

"More like grown man that's too old for you" mom added

"The one that carried you home, dear."

Carried me home!? I wondered momentarily about which one did. James? My heart fluttered at the thought! Him scooping me up and carrying me bridal style? Fuck yeah! Cameron? My heart sort of sunk thinking of him. I mean, he is nice and all but clingliness is not attractive. He is kind of annoying, truth be told.

"I can't remember his name" Grandma said straining to remember.

"He had an accent" my mom said trying to jog our memories.

That was a useless bit of information. "They all have accents, ma."

"Where are they from? What do mean they all? How many of 'them' is there?"

"I don't know." I shrugged honestly. Besides they're way to many 'them' to count. I didn't tell my mother that of course."I just met them! So, what did he look like?" I said trying to get back on subject.

"He was on the short side"

I remembered! Sort of, his face came to my memory. Reddish brown hair, warm smile, light attractive stubble and adorable green eyes. I recalled him being really nice to me. But what was his name? It started with an S. Spencer? No. Shawn? Nope. "It was Sam! Wait, Sam carried me here?" They both nodded. Thorton barked.

It was slightly hard to picture. We're like the same height almost. My mental fantasy of James carrying me bridal style faintly changed to Sam throwing me over his shoulder and hauling me to my bedroom. I shrugged it off.

"I'll be back in a few!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I love writing this story (^_^!)

Comment, Subscribe, Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine