Status: Active.

Living a Million Miles an Hour

The Emergency is...

“Cameron!?” I yelled busting in my neighbors house “Cameron, are you okay what the emergency?” I look around frantically. My grandmothers old labrador, Thorton, was breathing heavier than me.

“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” Danny asks nonchalantly on the couch with Ben and James who were playing video games.

“Cameron just text me saying there was an emergency” I say slowly realizing there was no emergency at all. I started to feel stupid.

“Do this look like there’s an emergency?” Danny asks again.

I shake my head lowering it I turn on my heels to leave embarrassed.

“Hey, I think Cameron’s in the backyard” James said. I turned around James had paused the game “You should check on him. He’s been back there for awhile” He smiled at me making me feel slightly better.

“Okay.” I said simply I tug on Thorton’s leash and we walk through the house to the backyard where I found Cameron stuffing something in a dufflebag “Cameron!” I couldn’t stop myself from growling and stomping my foot on the back patios wood floor.

“Oh Renee’,” Cameron gets up from the rocking chair “You got here quick.”

“Only because you said there was an emergency! I thought something was wrong I ran over here making myself look like a fool in front of james.” I scold.

“I’m sorry I just really wanted you over here.” He looks down at our feet scratching the back of his neck.

“Next time just ask” I said crossing my arms.

“I didn’t think you’d come”

“Well, It’s not like I have anything better to do” I shrug,

“Wait, did you just say you looked like a fool in front of James?” Cameron asks slowly with a smile crawling on his face.

“Huh?” I blushed realizing I had blurted that fact out “I said no such things!” I denied shaking my head.

“I think you did” Cameron grinned “You know he has a girlfriend right?”

HE HAS WHAT!? I scream inside my head, then just as my eternal rage grew, it quickly went out. Of course James had a girlfriend. Why wouldn’t he? The man is pure gorgeousness. Besides, we were hardly friends if that. So, I had no reason to be upset. I had no right to be jealous but I did feel it pulling at my insides just a little. I pushed my raging thoughts away and tried to resume my conversation with Cameron normally.

“Did want me to come over for a reason?” I asked changing the subject getting flustered.

“Oh yes, have you ever flown a kite?” Cameron asks tilting his head, he was still smiling and for a second I pondered how he looked sort of cute.

“No” I shake my head. “Why?”

“Because we are going to the beach to fly kites.”

“What? I didn’t agree to anything!”

Cameron pouts, his snake bites protrude. “But, but I made a picnic basket for us and everything” He pulls out a large light brown basket from the table of the patio. My mouth slightly drops.

This guy is insane! I think to myself and shake my head.

“Are you okay?” Cameron question as I continue to shake my head. I rub my temples. I think about how much thought and effort he must have put into preparing food and planning out a evening I had no idea I’d be a part of. “So will you come with me?” He asks

How could possibly so no? I looked at Cameron in the eyes, his cheerful expression slowly starts to turn into disappointment. He felt my indecisiveness.

“Fine, sure.” I say “I’ll go with you.”

I am so going to regret this
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Cr3ature_
and Brooklyn_Love for commenting on my last chapter

also thank you to all my subscribers for not unsubscribing while I was gone. I'm feeling slightly better now.

Comment? Subscribe! Rec.

<3Modern.Sunshine