Status: Active.

Living a Million Miles an Hour

Teacher Student Relationship.

Where am I?

“No, she’s safe, I promise Mrs. Wilt. You have a good night as well...bye.” I heard voice Cameron’s voice. I roll over in the unfamiliar bed. First I noticed Thorton sleeping on the edge of the bed, second I see Cameron at a counter with a mirror in front of it. His hair was dripping wet and a towel hung around his waist. He was blow drying his hair.

“Cameron?”

“Oh hey Renee, or shall I say Alpa?” he says with a cheeky grin.

“What hell? Where are we? And why did you just call me that?”
“Were in Chicago still and-”

“WHAT!? No, no I need to get back home! My mom will have both our asses.” I jump out of bed and realize I’m wearing a new looking pair of comfy lime green sweatpants but I was wearing the same old tank top “What the..” I feel the soft fabric with my finger tips.

“Don’t worry I-” Cameron begun but I interrupted him again.

“How can I not worry!?

“I was on the phone with your grandmother and she knows everything's okay.”

“No,” I shake my head “We need to get back now.” I start grabbing our belongings, I throw Cameron the keys.
“We can't!” Cameron stops me.
“Why not!?” I question.
“Because,” Cameron walks over to the windows and pulls them open for me to see “It’s still storming!” the thunder booms. It was still raining heavily. The weather looked impossible to drive in, I quickly realized that It was the best thing to stay in the hotel...with Cameron.
“Great.” I mutter sitting on the bed, I crossed my legs “Did you...” I start to ask running my hands over the sweatpants
“Yeah, I did” he closes the curtains “You should get some sleep.” Cameron says before going into the bathroom

“You should get some sleep.” I mutter mocking his words with a pout and my arms crossed.

“I heard that.” Cameron said walking out into the room wearing his swimming trunks.

“Where are you going?” I ask my eyes following him as he heads to towards the door.

“Don’t worry about it.”

“If that isn’t the most shadiest answer I’ve ever heard then I don’t know what is.”

“If you must know,” Cameron says turning on his heels and looking at me directly. “I’m going to the indoor pool.”

“And leaving me here by myself!?” I exclaim.

“Thorton’s here” Cameron shrugs, the dog barks.

“I’m coming.” I say getting up. I didn’t care If I wasn’t invited to come or not. I always had this irrational fear of being alone. I started digging through the duffle bag to get my swimsuit.

“Abandonment issues much?” Cameron commented

“No, I just don’t like being alone! Where is my swimsuit?” I asked after I had emptied the bags contents

“You’re still wearing it silly! I took your shorts off because they looked uncomfortable that’s why I got you the sweats...did you believe I was perv or?”

“No! Sorry I just didn’t know” I look away unable to make eye contact will him anymore because my face was turning red as beat.

“Come on, let’s just go.” He said holding the door open for me. With my head still down I walk outside into hallway “Thorton, come on boy!” I call the old dog that obediently responds. I quickly realized that it wasn’t some cheap motel. It was one of those fancy, shmancy hotels. The fact that they had an indoor pool should’ve beean a good indicator but it was just like me to let those little facts fly over my head.

“Any particular reason you want to go swimming in the middle of the night?” I asked watching Cameron swipe the hotel key card at the pool rooms entrance.

“Other than just because I can? No,not really.” He says dismissively

“It says the pool is closed after 9 and no animals allowed in this room.” I read and pointed at the sign next to the door.

Cameron shrugs “Rules are meant be broken.” He states sarcastically flouncing in the pool room dramatically.

“Well, fine then” I mutter. I sit on a lounging chair and Cameron goes in the water. Thorton lays next to the chair l lounge in. “Excuse me, Mr. Badass.”

What I witnessed next wasn’t shocking but mildly surprising. Cameron was a really good swimmer. He was fast, and used different strokes.
“Alpa, why don’t you come into the water?”
“Don’t call me that!” I snap
“Why not!? I think it’s cute and different.”
“Well, I don’t like it. And I don’t swim.”
“You don’t swim?” Cameron repeated floating in the middle of the deep end of the pool. I shook my head “Do you mean you don’t like swim or you can’t swim?”
“Does it matter? I’m not gettin’ in.”
“I can teach you to swim if you don’t know how too.”
“I’ll pass” I said stroking the sleeping dogs next to me fur.
“Oh, you must be scared.”
“I’m not scared.” I say, I don’t like to be dared. For some reason everytime someone says what I can’t do just makes me want to prove them wrong. It was one of my many flaws.
“I mean it’s okay if you’re afraid. I understand.” Cameron said, knowing exactly what he was doing. I sneaky expression laced his face.
“I’m not afraid of a little water, Cameron.”

“Alright love, prove it!”

“Fine!” I say standing up, I take off my tank top and sweats. I dip my toes in the water and quickly retreat “It’s freezing!”
“You have to get in quickly.” Cameron says walking up the steps of the shallow end of the pool where I stood. He was dripping wet, his hair also in the same state. It was pushed back and away from his face. It was the first time I actually took in his facial features. His neck was long and slender yet still masculine. His face was somewhat elongated but it proportionately fit him because his lanky body structure. He had features that were uncommon and what other girls might believe is unattractive, but it was the uniqueness that of his face that piqued my interest and made me what to continue my observations of the rest of him. His torso, like the rest of his body, was longer than an average persons. I could see his ribcage and then thats when I noticed something...

“You have brown freckles too!” I blurted out, possibly sounding idiotic. I pointed, on Cameron’s stomach and chest were a few scattered brown freckles.

“Um, yeah?” Cameron said slowly running his hand across the air of his skin mentioned “Is that a bad thing? Tons of people have them.”

“Oh, no. Of course I just...” I said too quickly. I didn’t know what I was saying. I sounded stupid, and for a stupid reason at that. Cameron wasn’t even that good looking, but why was I acting like this?

“You just?” He repeated my last few words watching curiously.
“Nothing,” I shake my head “Are you going to teach me how to swim or not?” I saw stepping past him into the cold water that was in the shallow end of the pool. The water was just above my waist.

“Oh so you admit you don’t swim?” Cameron asked with a cocky grin.

“It’s not my fault! I’m from new york, okay?”

“Fine by me.” He says raising his hands defensively. I brushed past him wadding into the middle of the wallow end, Cameron followed. Despite the fact that I was a little above waist deep water came to the top of his thighs.
“So, where do I start?” I ask wanting to just get this overwith. “And don’t let me drown.”

“I’m not.” Cameron promised “Get on your stomach I’ll hold you while you pedal”
I started to do as I was instructed but I freaked out once my upper body touched the freezing water.
“Wait, stop!” I panicked clinging to Cameron’s body tightly as I shook. I arms were securely wrapped around his long neck and my legs clung around his waist.
“What’s wrong?”
“I’m scared” I said honestly. I didn't care how silly it sounded it was the truth.

“Trust me. I wouldn’t let you drown”

Cameron was a wonderful teacher. He taught me how to pedal, at first he kept his hands around my waist as he stood up and I tried swimming, then he just barely kept his hands on my stomach and before I knew it I was on the other side of the pool and he was standing at the other. He also taught me how to float around in the deep end.

“Why have you stopped?” I ask him. He was sitting on the steps in the shallow end. He’d been sitting there a for a few moments just watching me, without saying a word.

“I don’t feel like swimming anymore.” he said with his hands tucked under his chin and his elbows resting on his knees. I was more towards the deep end of the pool but I decided to swim over towards him. And since I became SO good at swimming knowing only how to do it in the last hour I didn’t look up or take a breath on my way to Cameron so I bumped into his legs. “Whoa, hang on now!” Cameron said leaning back “You have to buy me dinner first missy.” When I resurfaced the water I quickly realized I had just swam in between Cameron’s legs. My face turned beat red again.

“Are you still cold?” Cameron asked, I hadn’t realized I was shaking. He hugged me, wrapping his arms around me in an attempt to give me warmth. I didn’t really understand considering I was still waist down in water on my knees still but nonetheless, I let the moment happen. It was nice. “I probably should’ve brought some towels.” Cameron whispers.
“Yeah” I coo back. I didn’t understand why but I nuzzled up closer and let Cameron hold me in his arms.

“Hey!” a hotel attendee shouts busting in the pool room, instantly ruining the moment “Can’t y’all read?”

Cameron pulled away from me and got up “Yeah, we were just about to leave” He said giving me a hand

“Out!” The attendee guy yells again.

xXx

It was 3 in the morning and still couldn’t sleep. I had already gone through my soft/acoustic playlist on my phone but nothing worked. The sound of the storm didn’t help either. I decided maybe taking a warm bath would help.

I filled the tub with warm water and added the hotels bubble bath.

I let myself soak and relax. I was unaware why I was so tense. The last few hours had been the best since I moved. I liked being with Cameron even though at time he could be rather annoying. but I didn’t like the way he made me feel sometimes. He shouldn’t make feel so embarrased and awkward sometimes but he did.

“Renee’?” Cameron said coming into the bathroom.

"Cam!" I yelp covering up necessary parts He walked over the tub and kneeled down "What the fuck are you doing?" I ask nevorously. He reached out for my face and carassed my check on contact my breath hitched. I should've slap the man but instead I let his hand ghost over my breast and down my stomach "Cameron?" I whispered nervously when his hand dipped down in to the water very close to sensitive area "Cam, cam, cam..." I moaned as he kissed and sucked on my neck "Cameron?"
"...Renee'? Renee', wake up!"
"Huh?"


"Alpa?" Cameron was shaking me
"Cameron!?" I yell sitting up in the hotel bed. The tall slender man was leaning over me.

It was a dream? It felt so real...

"You okay, love?"

"I'm fine. Don't call me Alpa!"

"Sorry, its just you talk in your sleep and-"

"I dont talk in my sleep" I deny shaking my head

"How do you know? You're asleep when it happens!" Cameron had a point as he sat cross legged "Anyways, the entire night you kept jumping and yelping in your sleep from the storm but for the last few moments you've been saying my name."

I was speechless, I remembered my dream clearly.

"I, I..."
"Its okay, Alpa, I'm just so dreamy that you just had to dream me" Cameron said arrogantly hoping off the bed.
"Stop calling me that!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you moon mist. & SarahxGetsxScared for the comments!

Please comment on this chapter and don't forget to rec!

Love Modern.Sunshine!