Status: I don't know how often I can update... But I'll try to update once a week ^^

Kiss the Rain

Chapter 2

"You what?!" I nearly yelled. She looked at her shivering hands, she probably tried to clench her fist but failed, and her eyes started to get teary. "Wait... Ashley, don't cry. I'll get your parents, don't move." With that, I ran off to find Mr and Mrs Johnson, then I brought them back to Ashley, who was still on the floor, crying.

I helped Ashley to her room after we return from the doctor. He said that she might be able to move her fingers again, but she can't play the piano again. Forever. Since the doctor said that, Ashley hadn't said a single word, and it's starting to worry me. No matter what I say, she won't react. Then she hugged me and started crying into my shoulders. I didn't expect that, so I froze for a few moments, then I hugged her. It must be hard for her, having loved piano since her childhood. I don't know how long we sat there, but when I went home it's dark already. I sighed and wondered, will she be able to get over this?

The next day, Ashley didn't come to school. Most people noticed that because she never missed a day of school. But they didn't know what happened to her. As soon as I get home, I went to Ashley's. Then I heard it. That voice. Just like an angel's voice, singing so beautifully. I peeked in and saw Ashley, singing while crying. I opened the door wider, and the door creaked. Ashley stopped and stared at me, then wiped her tears away. I sat next to her and said, "You know, even though you can't play the piano, you can still sing." Her face remains expressionless. I really don't know what to do, we stayed like that for what feels like forever, then my phone rang. Never been so happy to hear that ring in my life. I picked it up. It's from my mom. "Mom?" I said. "Alan, come home now. Ashley's mom is here, she wants to talk to you." then she hung up. I stared at my phone for a few seconds and got up, then looked at Ashley. "I need to go home now, Ashley... Don't cry too much." I pat her head and left.

I went to the living room and saw Mrs Johnson sitting with my mom, looking at me. I entered and sat on the only empty couch, then asked, "Uh... What is it?" Mrs Johnson looked at me, then started crying. "Ashley... She won't react to whatever we said, or even eat or drink, she just sit in her room the whole time! I'm worried... Really worried... That she..." then she stopped speaking and cried. Awkward... My mom tried to calm Mrs Johnson down, finally she did, and she looked at me. "She... wanted me to give this to you..." and handed me a piece of paper. I looked at it and asked, "What is it?" She shook her head and said, "I don't know... She told me to give this to you and said nothing else..." She sniffed a few times and said, "I tried reading it but it's not in English..." I opened the paper and realized it's in Japanese, but she wrote it in Katakana. I got up and said, "I need to go to my room now..." and walked to my room. Then I read:

Dear Alan,
I have a lot of things to say, I don't know where to start. Do you remember when we first met? We were 4 back then, and when I first saw you, I know you're not one of those bullies who are always teasing me. I know we're gonna be best buddies. Do you remember, when we were 9, we used to play in the playground 4 blocks from here? Pity the playground's gone now, because of some company wanting to build a supermarket. Also, on my birthday, you always give me music sheets to some of the songs I like. Do you know why I like Kiss the Rain? Because that song makes us meet. Do you know why I like Moonlight Sonata? It's in one of the sheets you gave me on my birthday. Alan, I'm scared. Scared that you might leave me because I can't play music anymore. But I must say this. Alan, I love you. I must tell you this, because if I don't, I won't be able to tell you anymore after this. Farewell, Alan. I wish to see you again, if we had the chance.

You're like the rain
Pouring down on me
Washing away all my tears
Along with my pain and sorrow
Now
I will become the rain
That will accompany you
When you need me

I finished reading and stared at the last words. What did she mean she won't be able to tell me? What did she mean she wished to see me again, if she had the chance? What did she mean she'll become the rain?! I dashed out of my room and skidded to a halt in front of the living room. Mrs Johnson is still here. "It's bad!! Really bad!!" and dashed to Ashley's house and to her room. THen I froze. Her lifeless body is lying on the floor, a deep cut on her wrist, a knife by her side.
♠ ♠ ♠
this isn't the end... prepare for more~