Status: Active

Sixteen and Pregnant by a Werewolf

Ch 25: My Choices

“ Angel, time to-.” My mom stopped.

I jumped up in the bed when I heard her try the door. I turned my head and sighed when I saw that Jeremy had already left.

“ Why is this door locked?” Mom asked. “ Is there a boy in there?!”
“ No.” I said, getting out of bed and walking to the door.

I unlocked it and mom opened the door. She glared at me, then looked at the bed.

“ Why was the door locked?” She asked me.
“ Because I am tired of people barging in my room like a damn bashee.” I said.
“ Watch your language.”
“ Ugh!”

I walked to my closet and began looking for an outfit. Mom walked over to me and leaned against my closet door.

“ We need to talk.” Mom said.
“ About?” I asked her.
“ About you choosing your mate.”
“ What about it?”
“ Are you in love with Lycann?”

I looked down and sighed. I heard talk that when you lose your virginity to someone, you get attached really quickly. Not me, though. I turned to my mom and shook my head.

“ I know he’s the father of my baby, but I don’t want to be with him.” I told her.
“ Well you know you have to choose sides, right?” Mom asked.
“ What do you mean?”
“ Hey, mom!” Stephan shouted, walking into the room.
“ You’ll find out at the meeting this afternoon.” Mom said and turned around to face Stephan. “What?”
“ I need to get dressed.” I told them.
“ Alright.” Mom said and she pushed my brother out of the room.

The door closed behind her and I went back to finding an outfit.
----------------------------------------

“ This meeting is about Angel.” Clayton said to the pack.

I stopped talking to Nina and looked up at Clayton, with confusion.

“ Why me?” I asked him.
“ Well, you’ll be seventeen next year and you will have to choose what side you want to pick.” Clayton said.
“ A side? What side?”
“ Whether you want to be a vampire or a wolf.”

I didn’t say anything. I looked at my family, then I turned to Amy.

“ Either way, you will still be family.” Amy said, smiling at me.
“ Really?” I asked Clayton.
“ You were born into the pack, so we can’t turn you away and we can’t harm you of your decision.” Clayton said.
“ What if she decides to become a vampire?” Stephan asked.
“ The rules still stand, unless she gives birth to the vampire’s kids.” Clayton said. “ Then, we will have to turn against you.”
“ So, I don’t have to marry Lycann?” I asked Amy.
“ Well, you’re practically married to him because of the kids, but if you don’t want to then no.” Amy said.

I nodded my head and got up from the log.

“ You have six months to decide.” Clayton said.
“ I decide on my birthday?” I asked him.
“ Yeah.” Clayton said.

I looked at Lycann, who got up and walked away. I turned to Nina and grabbed her hand. She got up and we walked away from the meeting. As soon as we were away from the meeting, I released Nina’s hand and sighed.

“ I know you’re not mad, girl.” Nina said. “ Shit, I would be happy.”
“ Would you still be my friend?” I asked her.
“ Of course.” She said. “ We would never stop being friends even if you wanted to be a vampire.”
“ Yeah, I hope so.”
“ I promise you.”
“ What are you doing later on?”
“ Nothing. I’ll probably be with Darian tonight. Why?”
“ You want to go into town?”
“ Uh, yeah.”
“ Okay, I’ll ask my brother to take us. I need to get out of the woods for a minute.”
“ True that. Call me and let me know when you’re leaving.”
“ Alright.”

Nina and I exchanged hugs and she walked off. I turned around and headed back to the meeting. My family were talking to Lycann and Clayton. I ran and jumped on Stephan’s back. He groaned and dropped.

“ You’re so weak.” I said, getting off and shaking my head at him.
“ Well, you’re fat.” He said. “ It’s not my fault you’re carrying god-knows-how many babies in there.”
“ Five.” I said.
“ Five?” Mom asked.
“ Yes, five.” I said. “ I think one is going to be a girl and the rest are boys.”
“ Why?”
“ Because the boys kick hard and the girl does kick. She just moves.”

Amy smiled at me, then her whole face changed. All of a sudden, we heard a water noise. We looked around and turned back to Amy.

“ It’s time.” Amy said.
“ Are you sure?” Clayton asked.

Amy nodded her head and Clayton picked her up instantly.

“ Everybody, Amy’s in labor!” Lycann shouted. “ Meet us at the stream.”

We all rushed to the stream, staying behind Clayton. Clayton placed Amy in the stream and he lifted up her dress. He pulled her panties down and turned to Lycann.

“ Lycann, get the towels from the trunk of the car.” Clayton said.

Lycann nodded and ran off. I walked over to Amy and squatted down beside her. She was taking deep breaths and then she began to push. Lycann came back with the towels and handed it to me.

“ Push baby.” Clayton said.

Amy tilted her head down and began to push.