‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Ten

A full forty-eight hours has passed since Skye went missing and everyone is feeling the effects of the loss. Layla decided to close the pub for a little while, as much as she loves her work, she can't think straight yet alone pour a beer without spilling it all over the place. Matt hasn't spoken a word to anyone, he won't return to his and Layla's house, he can't stay there knowing it was his fault that his angle was taken. The girls are staying with Layla at the house and Matt has crashed at Zack's. Having Octavis around is painful for Matt. He remembers when Skye was that small.

Brian had been the one to let management know what was going on and when they got the okay from the top, Zack released a statement on the band's website letting everyone know that Matt's baby girl was missing. Zack included the most resent picture of Skye in the post, contact information and the amount of the reward money. He even went as far as to listen to Jimmy and offer to play a privet show for whoever returned Skye to Matt and Layla. The news had already ran the story of M.Shadows' missing daughter, it has been running on the air for two days and with the amount of money Matt is pushing out it won't stop, ever. Even other bands like My Chemical Romance, Papa Roach and Burn Halo have posted the link to Avenged's state about Matt's daughter. Fans everywhere are in shock.

Octavis screams from up stairs in his room waking Matt up from his sleep. He lays in bed listening to the little boy's cries. After a while his eyebrows furrow in confusion, why is Oct still crying? Zack should have gotten him by now and then it hits him. Matt remembers Zack waking him up early in the morning letting him know that he was leaving to meet up with Amirah. Matt also remembers Zack telling him that the guys were right down stairs...Octavis' cries get worse and Matt pushes himself out of bed. With the speed of the Flash, Matt is in the nursery holding Octavis in his arms.

“It got ya little man, you're okay,” Matt mutters as he rocks back and forth with Octavis in his arms. Taking a breath Matt's face blanches when he smells the odor coming from Octavis' little body. “Someone needs their diaper changed,” Matt sighs and carries Octavis over to his changing table. Matt have only changed Octavis' diaper twice before and they were both a while ago. Trying to remember how Octavis is different then Skye, Matt fails to notice that Octavis has stuck his hand in the dirty diaper. With a giggle Octavis smacks Matt's hand and Matt freaks when he feels the warmth of the poop on his hand. “Ew!” Matt shouts, “Fuck....um...ew!” he groans holding his breath. He makes quick work of changing Octavis' diaper and cleaning of the little hand as well as his own. “Not cool kid, not cool.” Matt states and Octavis giggles staring up at Matt with his brown almond shaped eyes.

Matt holds Octavis up right on his chest and places a hand on his back to keep him from moving too much. Matt leaves the nursery and heads down the steps, “None of your jerks heard him cry-” Matt stops mid sentence when he sees that the living room is empty. The blankets that were thrown about the floor last night are gone, neatly piled on the couch. “Guys?” Matt calls out, his heart starting to beat faster in his chest. He looks down at Octavis who is starting to whimper, “I know...” he mutters and heads into the kitchen. With the skill of a veteran father Matt makes a bottle for Octavis and heats it to the right temperature. He sits in the living room on the couch and feeds the baby trying not to lose his cool as the realization that he's home alone with Octavis washes over his mind.

He shouldn't be home alone with Octavis, what if someone comes and steal him like with Skye? What if Zack and Gena end up going through the same pain as Layla and Matt? Matt shakes the thoughts from his mind and stares down at Octavis, “I can't lose you too,” Matt whispers, his voice thick with tears. His eyes start to burn and he tries to blink the unshed tears about, but it's no use. They start to fall and he holds Octavis close to him as he breaks for the first time since Skye went missing. Through his tears Matt burbs Octavis and rocks the little boy back to sleep. Laying back on the couch Matt rests Octavis across the length of his chest in the bend of his arm and starts to doze off, the weight of his tears making him drift more and more quickly.

The front door opens a few hours later and Jimmy walks through the door on his hands. “Dude look! I'm doing it!” Jimmy exclaims happily and Johnny snickers.

“Not anymore,” he states and pushes Jimmy's legs harshly making him fall forward and crash into the wall. The bang almost completely echos throughout the house and Brian smacks Johnny on the back of his head. “Ow! What I do?” Johnny wines rubbing the back of his head.

“The baby is fucking sleeping asshole,” Brian hisses and Johnny frowns. “Stopping rolling around on the floor, you're messing your shirt up,” Brian states and Jimmy pouts. Instead of listening to Brian he gets on his hands and knees before he crawls into the living room.

“Awe!” Jimmy cooes and Brian looks down at Johnny. The two of them walk into the living room to see what Jimmy is fussing over and their hearts kind of melt. On the couch Matt is passed out with Octavis on his chest holding him close.

“Kind of makes you wanna have a kid...” Brian mutters and Johnny nods his head in agreement.

“I'll just borrow yours,” Jimmy states and Brian sucks his teeth while Johnny laughs.

“You wouldn't come anywhere near my kid,” Johnny says.

“I don't think this world need any more short shits running about Christ,” Brian says and Johnny punches his shoulder, but it doesn't hurt Brain any. “Come on lets go outback before-” Octavis' little eyes slowly start to open and when they full open he stares right into Jimmy's blue orbs. Octavis wines from face, but in one movement Jimmy has him in his arms. Without a word Jimmy leaves the living room and heads to the kitchen with Johnny and Brian following. In the kitchen Jimmy whips up a bottle for Octavis and hands him over to Brian to feed.

“They always spit up on me,” Jimmy states answering Brian's silent question. The three of them head outback to enjoy the sun shine and to give Matt more time to sleep.

On the other side of town Zack and Gena sit in a small restaurant with Amirah sitting across from them. The three have been talking for well over three hours and nothing has really been accomplished. Zack has told Amirah how he feels, he has told her what he would like to do and Amirah is against it all. She wants to be in Octavis life full time...without Gena.

“I don't know what to tell you Amirah. I'm not leaving Gena and I'm not taking you back. I want nothing to do with you.”

“Zacky we have a beautiful little boy together-”

“You're right,” Zack says. “We-” he takes hold of Gena's hand and laces their fingers together, “have the most beautiful child I've ever seen in the world at home. You on the other hand were the egg donor,” Zack says and Amirah glares at the couple's laced hands.

“I want my Zack and you can't keep me from him.”

“I'm not keeping him from you Amriah-”

Gena cuts in to the conversation, “You left that little boy on our door step all alone. You didn't knock on the door and you didn't call. He could have died that night and it would have been your fault. You say you want to be a mother, but you gave that right up the night you put that child's lift in danger. You openly left Octavis out there to die.” Gena takes a breath to claim herself, she can feel her anger rising with each words she speaks. “Zack and I are doing just fine without you and so is Octavis. Truthfully I don't want you in that boy's life at all. You're self centered and nothing matters to you unless you're benefiting from it. There is only one question you're asking yourself. What do you get if Zack grants you visitation?”

Amirah narrows her eyes at Gena and Zack looks at Amirah in disgust as it all clicks right before his very eyes, “Thank you for my son Amirah, but that's all I can give you. I don't want you in his life, ever. I want you to-” Zack looks at Gena and she pulls a light stack of folded papers from her purse. “I want you to sign over your rights.” Zack unfolds the papers and sets them on the table along with a black ink pen. “I'll file for full custody of Octavis as add precaution because I don't trust you at all and I'll also issue a restraint order as well.” Angry tears fall from Amirah's eyes and she knocks over her glass of water spilling it all over the papers.

“Go to hell Zack! You think you're so clever, but you're not. You and you're friends will regret everything you've every done to me. I'm going to get Octavis and you're a fool to think other wise. You pick this barbie slut over me? Wrong move Zacky,” Amirah hisses before she stands up and storms out of the restaurant.

“Did you get that?” Zack asks and Gena nods her head. Reaching in to her purse she pulls out a tape recorder and hits stop. “Good,” Zack says and stands up. He slaps down a fifty dollar bill on the table and offers Gena his hand, “Lets get home,” Zack says and the two head out of the restaurant together hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that it is short and very late. I'm sorry. I didn't know where I wanted to go when I got to the end, so I stopped there.