‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Nine

"In other news Matt and I have set a date for our wedding." I smiled and the girls squealed in delight. "When is it?" Val asked in pure glee. "The first of June. So gives us exactly three months to prepare." I smiled and Matt took his hand in mine. "Congratulations guys, but we all know Layla wears the pants in this relationship." Brian joked earning an evil look from Matt. Which Brian laughed off. "Well guys I love most of yous i mean i love you girls but i have a pub to run so Lucas come on." i said kissing Matt goodbye. I hugged everyone else and kissed Skye goodbye. As I handed her to Matt Skye called mama and started to cry. I stopped and looked at Matt. "Did she just say mama? Was that her first word?" I asked Matt taking Skye into my arms. Matt nodded with a huge grin on his face. "Mama." Skye said again resting her head on my shoulder. "where is dada Skye?" I asked and she lifted her head and pointed saying dada to Matt. Everyone awed at Skye, while me and Matt teared up a little.

I finally got to work about an hour later. Lucas was changing the kegs and cleaning the pipes. Soon my phone rang and it was Matt. "Whats up babe?" I asked. "Layla can you come home we need to talk?" Matt said and I answered, "Sure?". "another emergency meeting Skye is gone." Matt said with tears in his voice. I couldn't breathe let alone speak, Lucas came into the bar and looked at me. "I have i have to to go!" I struggled to say as I dropped the phone. I scrambled everything into my bag but Lucas stopped me and asked "whats wrong Layla?" Lucas held me by the shoulders. "Skye is missing!" I said in very short breathes. Lucas face fell and he grabbed my car keys. " Come on we are going home." Lucas said ushering me out the door to my car. My mind was racing my little girl, why would someone take her? Lucas drove me home and I never uttered a word but Lucas knew I just couldn't find the words to speak. I watched as the streets went by but they all went by so fast. About twenty minutes later Lucas pulled up at my house, "Layla?" I heard Lucas say to me snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh? Oh right." I said getting out of my car quickly and ran to my front door. The police had already arrived and Matt was sitting on our door step with his head in his hands. He looked up as I approached him. "Layla. I put Skye in cot as it was her bed time. I turned on her night light and went down stairs. About an hour later I went to check on her and she was gone." Matt choked the words out. I ran my fingers through my hair and sat down beside him. I couldn't talk even when the police asked me questions. Matt talked for me of my where abouts and did we know anyone who would of had a grudge against either of us.

Everyone soon showed up to our house. Everyones face was exactly showing the expression of how i felt. Lost, confused and heartbroken. I just sat in the same position clutching Skyes blanket. I was pulled out of my daze when Corra and Val sat either side of me. "I feel sick." I whispered but my legs wouldn't move to help me get up. Brian came over and pulled me out of my seat gently. He brought me out back for a cigarette and spoke. "We will find her Layla, and whoever took Skye is going to pay. Shit we will pay any money in the world to get her back." Brian said hugging me. "Thanks Brian" I said quietly. "Dont let this destroy you Layla you are strong and so is Skye. Matt is literally beating himself up in there." Brian said and I stared at him with cold eyes. "This wasn't his fault, I know that but apart of me blames him." I said taking a long pull off my cigarette. "Your only human Layla of course a part of you blames Matt cause he was here, but dont let it eat away at you. Talk to him you guys have to do this together." Brian said and stubbed out his cigarette. He helped me back inside and Matt helped me sit down. Matt held me as my tears rolled down my cheek.

"Who would do this to two loving parents like you guys." Zacky sighs in annoyance once the cops left. I hadn't spoken much I racked my brain hoping for an answer. Matt rubbed my back I felt sick. Corra made me tea i looked up at her and she knew I was trying to say thank you but the words wouldn't come out. Soon everyone left and I went upstairs I walked into my babies room. I looked around and then to her crib her teddy bear was still there but her blanket was gone. I took the teddy into my arms and held it close to me. I slid down the wall crying and clutching the bear. Someone has my daughter, my little girl. I looked up and seen Matt sitting beside me holding me. We didn't speak we sat in silence. I prayed to my dad for his help to protect Skye. "What did we ever do to deserve this?" I asked Matt and he shook his head. "I dont know Layla but when I do find out they will pay. I promise you that she will come home safe. I promise" Matt said kissing my head. "I hope so" I sniffed falling asleep on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry took me awhile but its here enjoy much love x