‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Fourteen

“Do you want me to talk to her?” I asked Matt and he bite his lip. He opened his mouth to answer, but our phones went off at the same time. Looking at each other confused we checked our phones and I became worried from the text. Get your asses here now! It was from Lucas and underneath was an address that I didn't recognize.

“Lucas texted you guys too?” I look over my shoulder and everyone is standing in the door way with their phones in their hands.

I nod my head and sigh, “We should get going,” I say.

“Corra I think you should stay here. You don't look too hot right now,” Jimmy says and I open my mouth to disagree, but Johnny shakes his head.

“You're not coming with us. You're going to stay here with the rest of the girls, Gena is coming with us and so is Val,” Johnny orders and I pout.

“Don't worry if it's anything major we'll call,” Gena says and I sigh.

“Whatever,” I mutter and everyone leaves bar Leanna and Michelle.

Michelle and Leanna move into the living room and I follow after them not really in the mood to be alone. It's bad enough that Skye is gone, but now my nephew is gone as well and this time we were all here under the same roof.

“Who steals two babies?” Michelle wonders out loud and I shake my head.

“Sick fucks, that's who,” Leanna says and I nod my head in agreement.

Other side of Town

Receiving the mass text from Lucas confused everyone. They all tried to call him, but he didn't pick up for anyone. Everyone is really worried that something is wrong and Zack has a feeling in his gut that when he get to the address shit will hit the fan. Leading the cars to the address, Zack spots Lucas car and parks behind it. He gets out of the car with Gena and Val, waiting for the others to get out of their cars. Matt slams his door shut and walks over to Zack with Johnny beside him and Jimmy and Brian behind them. “Let's find Lucas,” Matt says and the group all head to the address Lucas texted them.

Johnny is the first to spot Lucas and he goes to call his name, but Lucas notices and puts his finger to his lip. Everyone looks at him confused, but keep quiet as they walk over to him. “Why are you out here like some kind of creeper?” Jimmy questions and Lucas glares at him.

Lucas turns his eyes to Matt and Zack, “As much as I want to kill these stupid fuckers, this isn't my fight...this is something you guys have to do and you Gena.”

“Dude what are you talking about?” Zack asks and Lucas licks his lips.

“I found the babies,” he states and everyone's eyes light up in joy and shock. “...But like I said, you have to get them out.” Zack, Matt and Gena all nod their head and look at each other.

“Lets get out kids back,” Matt says cracking his knuckles and Zack follows suit while Gena just gives a stiff nod of her head. Together the three walk around the corner and Zack stops in his tracks.

“Amirah?” Zack's voice is dripping with hate. With a startled gasp, Amirah's body tenses and she slowly turns around, looking up from her phone.

“Zack? W-what are you doing here?”

Zack sucks his teeth and stalks over to Amirah, “No more games Amirah!” Zack hisses. “Where is my son?”

Our son is missing?” Amirah asks and her eyes start to fill with tears.

“Cut the shit Amirah!” Gena snaps and like lighting she has Amirah pinned against the wall by her throat.

Matt walks over and glares at Amirah, “You didn't work alone, you never get your hands dirty...so who helped you?” Matt wonders out loud. Amirah's glares at Matt and she tries to slip her phone in her pocket, but Matt is quick to snatch it out of her hand. Seeing that the screen is still unlocked Matt goes to Amirah's recent calls. Matt reads the name and he nearly crushes the phone, “Really?” Matt asks raising his eyebrow and Zack looks at Matt. Matt shows Zack the phone and Zack shakes his head.

“Call the dumb fucker,” Zack orders. “You're going to tell him to bring the kids out here, do you understand? Say anything else and I'm sure the police will understand why Gena and Val put you in the hospital,” Zack smirks darkly and Amirah gulps. Gena lets go of Amirah and Matt hands her the phone.

“...I just wanted to be in his life,” Amirah cries and Matt scoffs. Amirah calls her partner in crime, “Hey...c-can you bring the babies out?...Don't question me,” Amirah snaps and hangs up. “Happy?” she asks glaring at Matt and Zack.

“After this,” Zack stares at Amirah with complete loathing in his green eyes, “you will be dead to Octavis. If he ever asks about you, you are dead,” Zack hisses and Amirah flinches away from Zack.

“Son of a bitch,” Matt growls catching Zack's attention. Turning away from Amirah, Zack's eyes widen when he sees Danny walking around the corner with Skye and Octavis in his arms.

“You!?” Gena exclaims in shock and Danny jumps, looking like a deer caught in the headlights when he sees Matt and Zack standing by Amirah. Danny opens and closes his mouth, searching for the right words, but Matt doesn't give him a chance.

“Give me my daughter you sick fuck,” Matt roars and Skye's head whips around hearing her dad's voice.

“Dada!” Skye cries happily, her little arms reaching out for Matt. Stalking over, Matt takes Sky and Gena takes Octavis, tears freely falling from her eyes.

“Mommy missed you,” Gena cries kissing Octavis' face over and over making the little boy giggle. The rest of the gang comes from behind the wall and like a pack of wolves they zone in on Danny and Amirah, ready to kill.

“Take the babies out of here,” Zack orders and Gena nods her head. Quickly, Val takes Skye from Matt and she leaves following behind Gena.

“I'm calling the fucking cops,” Gena grumbles as she puts Octavis in his car seat.

“Wait, hold her real fast?” Val hands Skye over to Gena and Val moves Skye car seat to Zack's car. Taking Skye back, Val puts Skye in the car seat and Gena calls the two useless detectives, letting them know that they got the babies back and they have the kidnappers surrounded.

Back at the House

“Hey, shut up!” I shouts, throwing a pillow at Michelle and Leana. I can feel them glaring at me, but I don't care, the news is more important. Dane Cook's show has been interrupted by Breaking News.

“Isn't that your sister?” Michelle asks watching as Amirah is lead to a cop car with her hands cuffed behind her back.

“And the guys?” Leana questions seeing the guys as well as Val and Gena in the background.

I ignore the girls as they point out everything on the screen like I'm blind. In the background I see movement in the car that Matt is standing by and my eyes widen. “Skye!” I shout seeing her little head looking around at the flashing lights.

“Oh my God,” Leana whispers, “Cora your sister...”

I glare at the TV already knowing what Leana is thinking, “Yeah, I know,” I grumble. I always knew my sister was evil and I even said a few times that she took Skye, but I never really believed it...how can she be so heartless? “I'll call Layla.” Standing up, I head to the kitchen so I can talk to Layla and not be distracted by the news. The line rings three times and on the forth ring, Layla answers.

“Hello?”

“Layla!” I nearly scream and I curse knowing that I should have calmed myself down before I called.

“What? What's wrong?!”

“N-Nothing,” I stammer feeling tears burn my eyes and just like that I start to cry, tears of joy.

“Cora you're scaring me-”

“Turn the news on,” I whimper, whipping at my eyes with the back of my hand. God I am a mess. Layla mutters under her breath, but turns the news on. I bite my lip as I wait for Layla to get caught up on everything.

“...Skye?” Layla whispers and I can't help, but to smile.

“Haha, yeah. They found them,” I laugh, though it comes out choked from my tears and now Layla is crying. Her baby, her darling little girl has been found and she's with her father.

“I-I have to go,” Layla mummers and I nod my head, understanding, she needs the time to let it all sink in.

“Cora!” the girls scream from the living room making me jump. I hang up and rush into the living room to see what the fuss is.

“What?” I ask and they point to the TV. I glance up at the TV and my eyes widen is shock. No...there's no fucking way...Danny is on the screen in handcuffs. “The fuck?” I mutter and the girls nod their heads in agreement.

“Shit, just got real,” Leana says and I gulp, indeed it has.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit an update?! Yes, yes, I know it has been forever. I truly am sorry for the long wait. It was a lot harder to get back into writing this story, then I thought it would since I came back from training. I hope you like this update, I worked really hard on it. Sorry if it seems a bit all over the place, like I said it was a bit of a struggle to write.

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.