‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Six

As I sat on the floor with Matt playing with Skye, we laughed heavily as Skye chased Bella. I went over and picked Skye up and gave her to Matt to get ready for bed. As Matt left the room I went to the double doors and let Bella out the back while I had a smoke. As i pulled on my cigarette my phone rang. "yo what's up babe?" i said tapping the ash off my cigarette into the ashtray. "Amirah came to see, demanding to see the baby." I heard corra sigh. This is not what I ment when I said prove your a good mother.

"The girl really needs to start from the bottom and gain all of our trust to be a mom to the baby. I think its time we join forces and help her out, my god did i just say I would help your bitch of a sister?" I said then heard Bella bark at the front door. "Yup you did, guess being mom has really has made you soft." I heard Corra laugh as I walked up to the door while telling Corra to shut up.

I soon opened the door and was greeted by Amirah. "Corra I will talk to you at work tonight." I said hanging up the phone. "What are you doing here?" I questioned Amirah. "Nice house Layla, better than your old house." Amirah smirked. "What are you doing here Amirah?" I asked following her into the sitting room. "Well Layla after our little chat, I decided I want to be with Zacky and raise our baby together and your going to get my sister to help you as well." Amirah smirked at me.

"What is she doing here?" asked from the door holding Skye. "She is just leaving actually. I am not gonna help you Amirah! Octavis is doing perfectly fine without you." I almost shouted. "Funny Layla you did say every child deserves a mother and I gave birth to him I am his mother." Amirah smirked. "I told you to get your act together and started acting like a mom." I said as Matt handed me Skye. "You see Amirah that's what a real mother looks like, she holds her child with love not leave them on a door step." Matt grunted loudly which frightened Skye a wee bit. "Matt i just want Laylas help really I do. I want to make amends with my sister and Zacky so i can be part of my sons life." Amirah started to cry. "I told you to never come back your lucky for you I haven't told Zacky yet no need to upset him now do we. Get out of here Amirah Gene is more a mother than you will ever be." Matt said grabbing Amirahs arm and pushing her towards the door.

Matt shut the door in Amirahs face and I tried to calm Skye down. Soon Skye settled and I gave her a bottle before bed. As I sat in the rocking chair which Matts dad made for us, Matt walked in to Skyes room. "How long have you known she was back?" Matt asked sternly. "A few days I seen her on my way to Zacky the day we made up." I sighed. "Why didn't you tell us? You obviously choose your workers over your fiancee and your family." Matt huffed. "Excuse you my workers are family too! They are my family! I told them first cause I didn't know how to approach Zacky about it or you. So i talked to Corra Val and Lucas first!" I whispered as i laid Skyes sleeping body. I switched on the monitors and left Skyes room. I walked into the room I shared with Matt and got ready for work. Matt was having a shower and soon I heard the the shower stop. I sighed and turned off my straightners. I sat on the bed and laced up my doc Martins. As Matt came out I grabbed all my stuff and put it in my handbag. I felt Matts arms around my waist "I am sorry babe but last time we seen Amirah she left octavis at Zacky door. We will all talk to Zacky together I promise. Now get that sexy ass of yours to work." Matt said kissing me.

I parked beside Lucas car and got out. I headed inside and said hey to everyone. "Layla what happened earlier you hung up the phone so quick?" Corra asked putting money in the till. "well Matt now knows Amirah is back cause your sister came by our house." I sighed starting to pull pints. "oh no! What did Matt say?" Val asked. "Went mad we had an argument but told me we will all tell Zacky." I sighed resting my head against the cool tap. "He is right don't worry about Layla. Girls day tomorrow though promise!" Val said and I nodded in reply. "Oh Lucas I want to ask you something?" I smiled at him. "Shoot Layla." Lucas wrapped his arm around me. "Will you walk me down the aisle at mine and Matts wedding please?" I said looking him in the eye. "Hmmm I guess, if you really want me too! Of course I fucking will Layla, it be an honor." Lucas said hugging me tightly. "Oh you two will you be my brides maids along with Lily?" I smiled. Corra and Val squealed in delight and hugged me tightly as well.

I can't believe I am going to be getting married to Matt. I can't believe my dreams came true guess my dad is still looking out for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay.... Hope everyone is doing good xx