‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Seven

I twirled around admiring the beauty of the material that clung politely to my skin. I giggled at myself as the sales assistant helped me put on a veil that matched the soft lace that clung smoothly around my chest. "You look beautiful, your fiancee is a very lucky man." the lady said fixing my dress. I walked out of the dressing room to the seating area where Val, Corra, Michelle Gene and Leana where sitting minding Skye. I walked into the room and caught the girls attention. "Oh my god Layla you look stunning." Val and Corra gasped. "Are you sure Matt will like it?" I questioned and everyone nodded. "I guess we found it, Skye does mommy look pretty?" i asked smiling at my little girl who giggled and smiled at me. "I think that is a yes for you there Layla." Corra said handing Skye to Michelle so she could join myself and Val hugging.

I decided to buy my dress and hide it in Vals house until the wedding which is only six months away. As we all went to lunch I asked the rest of the girls if they would be bridesmaids. Just simple black dresses any style they wanted. I never believed in ugly matching dresses.

I soon took Skye home to feed her and put her to bed. As my baby girl fell asleep in my arms I laid her down softly in her crib. As I came down the stairs Matt and his mom Kim came in. "Hi Kim." I said hugging her. "Hello Layla how are you and the little beauty that is my granddaughter?" Kim smiled at me. "She is amazing, just put her to bed." I replied following Kim to the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and cuddled into Matt. "Are you working tonight Layla?" Kim asked sitting at the table. "Yes I am was waiting for Matt to come back so I could head." I said getting up and look for my keys. "Matt how about you go out with the guys sure your dad will be over soon we can take care of Skye." Kim smiled as if she wasn't giving Matt a choice. "Ok mom Layla and I will leave now."Matt said walking out of the kitchen to go upstairs. "I think he hates leaving Skye?" I laughed to which Kim nodded. "You too Layla. I know you both love Skye but you will drive yourself insane if you don't get out together. Plus i know with his touring Matt wants to cherish every moment he has at home with Skye but he needs the distance sometimes." Kim said to which I nodded. "I don't plan on ever saying that to him though, world war three would break loose." I laughed and so did Kim. "Anyways I better head thanks Kim." I said hugging her and headed out to my car.

Matt soon followed me out and I started my engine. "We are heading to Ireland soon for a Metallica gig." Matt said. "Oh well you guys like Ireland don't you?" I said turning on to main street. "Yeah but I want you and Skye to join me." Matt sighed. "Oh well we can think about it but Skye is still so young." I replied pulling up to Saoirse. "All I wanted to hear was you will think about it." Matt smiled getting out of the car. We walked in hands held and Matts arm around my shoulders.

"Evening all!" I said to Corra, Val and Lucas. "Hey boss lady!" they all said laughing which I just rolled my eyes. " You've read the books,You've watched the shows, 
What's the best way no one knows, yeah,Meditate, get hypnotized. 
Anything to take from your mind. 
But it won't go..." Someone sang which made me look up from the bar. The man smiled at me and I couldn't believe who it was I haven't seen him in 9 years. Everyone watched me step out from behind the bar, I walked closer to the man and stopped half way. He smiled softly at me. "DANIEL!" I screamed wrapping my arms around his neck as he picked me up and spun me. "Layla! I knew it was you! How could I forget that beautiful face." Daniel said hugging me tightly. I soon heard someone clearing their throat and it was Matt. "Im so sorry Im being rude everyone this is Daniel from the script." I said not able to wipe the smile from my face. Everyone said hello and I took Matts hand in mine and introduced Daniel and Matt. "Daniel this is my fiancee Matt, Matt this is Daniel we grew up together and his band are amazing." I smiled. Matt shook Daniels hand but it was more controlling. "How the fuck are you?" I said punching Daniel arm softly. "Im good doing a show in LA on Friday night, so we have a few days off and Lily told me where to find you." Danny smiled. "Well Im going to busy for the whole night so want to meet for dinner tomorrow evening?" I asked Danny with a huge smile. "It be an honor Layla. Tomorrow at eight." Danny said getting up to leave. "Oh can my girls come too?" I asked. Danny looked at Corra and Val then smiled. "Yeah i will see you three tomorrow." Danny laughed. "Actually it be four Im bringing my daughter too." I laughed at Dannys reaction. He gave me a hug and left.

Well that is the biggest surprise I have had since finding out I was pregnant with Skye. I smiled at Matt who returned a half hearted smile at me. I just ignored the knot in my stomach. Saoirse was hopping i was extremely tired by the end of the night, Corra handed me a white wine as i counted the till. "So Danny is who to you?" Matt asked as I walked into my office. "Childhood friend, ex boyfriend and guy who took my virginity." I laughed locking the safe. "Layla I don't want him around you or Skye." Matt stated which made me stop and look at him. "You don't want us around him? Give me one good reason?" I asked in utter shock. "I don't trust him Layla." Matt sighed. "You don't trust him or do you mean you don't trust me?" I said sternly looking at Matt. "That's not what I ment but he is your ex boyfriend, its not like Adam he works with your family, I have spent time with him." Matt sighed. "I can't believe this Matt let me take a trip down memory lane you and Amirah? I am marrying you! I gave birth to your daughter! So now you decide not to trust me!" I shouted which got Lucas attention and he came in. "What's with all the shouting in here?" Lucas asked standing between us. " My so called fiancee doesn't trust me around my ex boyfriend which Lucas knows is Danny but Danny was school sweetheart like Val was yours!" I said trying to maintain my anger. "Matt Danny and Layla broke up because after school they wanted different things and see then got with Adam. Then she left Ireland soon after where she met me. We dated for what a month Layla?" Lucas said looking at me. "What Matt you going to tell Layla to stay away from me now. Layla stays friends with her exs because she realizes that we were really her friends. You and Val are friends and Layla was cool with that until Val became her best friend too." Lucas shouted at him which scared the shit out of me. "Grow up Matt we are all friends and another thing we haven't forgotten what Amirah did to you guys. If anyone has a trust issue it should be Layla not you." Lucas said pushing Matt out to the bar area where everyone was. "What the fuck Layla you going to let him talk to me like this?" Matt shouted. "Yeah actually because you won't listen to me, also don't bother coming home tonight go stay with your mom or somebody." i stated heading to my car. "Corra can you lock up please." I asked and Corra nodded her head. "Ill pop by with Val later to talk ok." Corra said hugging me and so did Val.

"Val did you know Lucas and Layla dated before?" I heard Matt asked and Val looked at Lucas and myself. "No but i do now when was this?" Val asked calmly. "When Layla and I first met we dated briefly and thought we would be better off as friends. We never slept with each other though you couldn't call it a relationship." Lucas said holding my hand. Val looked at Matt and walked up to him and slapped him hard. "Stop with the jealousy or you will lose everything you have. Layla is right go stay at your moms, your a father start acting like one." Val said grabbing her bag and walking me to my car.

As we left Val stood by my car and hugged me as I started to cry. "Layla its the past Matt has a problem with but don't let him ruin your future together. You have come to far now." Val said trying to calm me down. "He will grovel tomorrow just wait and see." Val laughed and so did I. "Val can you come home with me and explain this to Kim, I don't think I can please." I sniffed and Val said "of course Layla but let me drive you home." I handed her my car keys and gave Lucas a text to tell him to leave Matt at his moms.

"Thanks Val your a really good friend." I sniffed as Val started my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait guys just myself and corra are occupy atm. Comment subscribe or recommend x