Sequel: Crash

Always Yours

November 18th, 2012

I was being discharged from the hospital tomorrow and I was happy to get out of this place. Nothing's good about hospitals. The doctor said I showed major improvement and I still had bruises and cuts on me that were healing. I was getting better. He also said that I should be careful driving if I do drive. Of course, John didn't like that and he said that he would be driving me from now on until he was sure that I could drive myself.

I was sitting in my hospital bed, looking out the big windows at the sun shining down on Arizona. I wanted to feel the heat again. That was the best part about living here.

John went home to get me some clothes and things, saying that he wouldn't be gone too long.

I turned my head to the opening door and someone unexpected stepped through into the room. I sat up, looking at them as they stood awkwardly staring down to their feet. I bit my lip, "What are you doing here?"

They looked up and moved to the foot of the bed, putting their hands on the bar. "The guys said you woke up."

I looked at Kennedy but he never lifted his head to meet my eyes. "So why are you here?" I crossed my arms and played with my hospital gown.

He shrugged, "I don't know."

I scoffed, "Then leave Kennedy because if you don't have anything to say then I don't want to talk to you," I snapped.

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and for the first time since he got here, he looked at me. I rolled my eyes and looked out the big window again.

"I didn't mean to walk away, Markie. I was just upset that you did that to yourself and didn't talk to me. I know I'm suppose to stay by your side and stick with you through anything but I never wanted you to get hurt. I know that you're hurting because of your mom, but you shouldn't hurt yourself because of it. You need to show her that you're doing okay and that you aren't in bad shape." He was now at the side of the bed, blocking my view of the bright city outside. He took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze. "I didn't come here so you can forgive me, but I still want you to. I came here to see you because you know I love you Markie. You're my best friend and you will be forever no matter what."

I blinked so my watery eyes would go away and I turned my head to look up at him. "A third forgiven," I bit my lip.

He smile down at me and wrapped his arms around my neck, "I'm sorry Markie, I really am. I should've stayed with you. This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for me getting mad at you."

I abruptly pulled away from him, "This is not your fault, Kennedy. Please don't blame this on yourself. I'm fine now, I get to leave tomorrow and go back home. Don't blame yourself," I shook my head.

He nodded, rubbing my shoulder. I hugged him again, "Lunch tomorrow?"

I nodded up at him, "I'll text you."

He kissed my forehead and walked over to the door, "See you tomorrow."

I waved and smiled as he walked out and down the hall. I saw John walk toward the door through the small window and he opened the door.

"Hey," he smiled at me as he walked over with new clothes on his body and a bag. He set it down by the chair and kissed me. I smiled against him and he pulled away to sit in the chair.

"I saw Kennedy." He said after a few minutes.

I nodded at him, "He apologised," I said quietly. "I'm having lunch with him tomorrow."

John took my hand, "That's good, you guys can get back on good terms."

"Yeah," I nodded again. I laid back against the bed and sank down further into the sheets. I yawned, stretching my arms over my head. "I'm so tired."

John chuckled beside me, "Go to sleep then," he brought his hand up to my cheek.

"I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tomorrow," I yawned again.

He got out of the chair, leaning down to kiss my forehead, "Sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."

I smiled up at him, then got comfortable in bed and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
RIP Mitch Luckerā¤