Hope and Her Gift

Hope: Duck! Huh? Just do it!

I was only partially listening to the conversation my best friend Anya was having with, whatever his name was. I wasn't interested in going to college after the summer was over. I wanted to take a year away from it. My mom sent me with Anya hoping that I would change my mind about that. She believed in college. It's not that I didn't, it's just that I didn't want to go this coming year. What I was paying attention to, was the other guy about 150 ft. away. Two demons were talking to him, or maybe they were just putting ideas in his head. Whichever one it was, I absolutely had to grab Anya and get out fast. I hadn't even said anything yet and this was happening? What in the world! So off I ran, over to Anya, grabbed her around the shoulders and started running in the opposite direction of the man with the demons.
"It was nice meeting you sir!" I screamed back to the man Anya was talking with.

"What are you doing?!" Anya yelled at me. She should know at this point in time that I saw danger coming.

"Duck!" I screamed back.

"Huh?" Anya was now confused.

"Just do it!" '

We both ducked just as a whishing sound came over our heads and a knife fell right in front of Anya's feet. I practically threw Anya out the door of the school. Then I grabbed her hand and didn't let go until I shoved her through the door of her house.

"Ow!" Anya complained.

"Well, that knife would have hurt a lot more." I rolled my eyes at her.

"True." she sighed.

Then I ran back to my house.
*******************************************************************************
"Hope!"my 20 year old brother Michael yelled at me after I told him what happened.

"What?"

"What ARE you doing? You're insane!" Michael shook his head. "You always have been though. I'm always getting you out of jams."

"Excuse me Mr! First of all, I didn't do anything this time. It just happened. Second of all I think I got myself out of this one quite nicely WITHOUT your help."

Michael sighed. "I wonder what would've happened if mom and dad hadn't told you the story about mom and Uncle Matt actually doing something with their
abilities. Maybe you'd be easier to look after."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "Like I said, this time it wasn't my fault. I went with Anya to talk to that guy about college. There was another guy there who was somehow being told by demons to throw a knife at us. So I grabbed Anya and got us out of there."

Michael let out an exasperated sigh. "Well, we'd better get in the house. I think dinner's ready."

"Yeah." I muttered. "I suppose we should."
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually have written this with the 3rd person, but I think the first person may end up working better.