Sequel: Red.
Status: Complete; Sequel coming soon!

A Face to Call Home

Chapter Eleven

”Ah, so this is the young man who has been keeping you from me,” my mother’s sweet southern accent said through the computer speakers. Harry and I were lying on our stomachs on my bed, looking at the computer screen as my mom glanced over Harry’s face. ”He’s cute, Kay. You did well.” My cheeks instantly burned as I felt Harry’s gaze on me and I heard him chuckle quietly.

“Mom!” I whined. “Seriously?” Her soft melodic laughter filled the small room and I rolled my eyes.

“Well thank you. I must say you’re quite a pretty lady too, Mrs. Steele. I can see where Kay gets her looks from,” Harry complimented and I gasped, smacking the back of his head softly. He snorted out a little laughter before placing a small kiss on my cheek.

”Thank you!” My mom exclaimed. I groaned and ran a hand through my hair. ”He’s definitely a keeper, Kaylin.” I glared at Harry when my mom looked away from the screen to listen to someone talk in the background. He just shrugged with a smirk and then leaned in to kiss me but I face palmed him, stopping him. I heard an obnoxious laugh come through the speakers and I looked to see my brother standing behind my mom with a huge grin on his face.

”That was good, Kay.” He was talking about my face palm on Harry. ”You should know she does that a lot, Harry. She’s a very violent person too, if you haven’t learned that yet.”

“Oh, shut it Brian.” I retorted and heard Harry let out a loud laugh next to me.

“I know, I’ve dealt with some of her hits.” I just rolled my eyes and looked at the screen.

“Is dad home, mom?” I asked softly.

“No, I’m sorry hun. He got caught up at the college to prepare for their big graduation ceremony next week,” she responded looking at me with her soft blue eyes. I nodded and felt Harry’s hand rub my back gently in comfort. “I’ll have him give you a call though, okay? As soon as he gets home, I’ll let him know. You know how hard it is for him to get ahold of you with the hours he works at the college and the time differences making it even more difficult.”

“I know.” I looked at my little brother and mom through the screen and gave them a small smile. “I’ve got to go now. Harry and I are going out with the others to do some stuff,” I told them.

“Oh, alright. We’ll just talk to you later then, baby girl. Have fun!” My mom said disappointed, waving and my brother just walked away. Typical. Harry and I waved back and I ended the chat, my mom’s beaming face pausing on the screen while her hand in mid-wave.

I felt Harry’s lips move along my jawline as I stared at the laptop. I closed it and let a shaky breath fall from my lips when he trailed his lips to below my earlobe. “You know you could’ve talked for longer… You didn’t have to lie and tell them we were busy,” he mumbled against my skin as he brushed his nose along my neck, taking in my sweet scent. I didn’t answer him and I turned my head, capturing his lips with mine. He didn’t hesitate to respond the kiss; he immediately began moving his lips against mine.

“I’m busy now, aren’t I?” I mumbled against his lips. We both smiled into the kiss.

“Oh yeah, you are,” he replied and turned me onto my back, making me giggle as he hovered over me, kissing me.

* * *

Eleanor and I were lounging on the small leather couch in our flat, watching the interview that Harry and the others were currently doing. Eleanor looked over at me about halfway through the interview and sighed. “I’d never tell Louis this but this gets repetitive and boring after a while.” I laughed and nodded.

“Yeah, it does,” I agreed.

“So what’s going on with you and Harry? Have you guys, you know?” She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

“No!” I shouted defensively. “We have only been together for like two weeks now. I think that would a little too soon and besides, I don’t think I’m ready for that yet,” I admitted, my voice falling out towards the end.

“Oh, right. I forgot you’re still a virgin,” she said while I blushed madly. “Of course, I understand and I’m sure Harry understands as well. Have you two done more than just snog yet?” I shook my head. “No touching or anything?” She asked in disbelief. “Wow, I’m sure Harry’s getting a lot of self control out of all of that.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked her confused.

“Oh, well Harry used to be a bit of a slag, lack of a better word. He used to sleep with other girls but he didn’t do it like every night or anything. It was just after his relationship with Caroline, he began shagging anything that had boobs and a vagina,” she told honestly.

“Oh, right.” I knew Harry wasn’t a virgin but was he really that bad? This made me a little uncomfortable knowing he had slept with many other girls. Eleanor must have seen how uncomfortable I was because she apologized immediately.

“Oh my god, Kay. I’m so sorry I thought you knew. I’m so sorry. Don’t let this change your view of him or anything. He still is a gentleman and he loves you, I know he does.” I nodded and stared at the television, listening to Harry talk about their upcoming tour.

“I just didn’t know that much, that’s all. I know I shouldn’t let it bug me but if I do lose my virginity, I want it to be him who takes it. But it just makes me a little upset that he’s probably done that to a lot of girls in the past.” I bit my bottom lip softly, looking over at her. How do I know if he won’t just leave after we do share ourselves with each other? What if we do and he decides he doesn’t love me anymore? All these questions swarmed around my mind as I thought about it.

“I promise you he won’t just take your virginity and leave if you’re worried about that. He’s not like that with the ones he cares about and especially if he loves you, he’ll wait and he most definitely won’t leave you.”

I shouldn’t be worried about this. I’m not going to give him any of me until I’m completely ready and Eleanor’s right, he’ll wait if he really does love me like he says. We both turned our attention back to the television to pay attention to their interview again.

”So with you boys traveling the world and working so much, do you have time with your girlfriends?” The interviewer asked.

”Of course, Eleanor and I spend all of our time together when she’s not in school and I’m not working.”

”What about you Zayn?”

“The same as Lou. Perrie and me have been practically living together since we both know I leave in the next month.”

“What about you, Harry? Rumors have been flying around that you have been dating an American. Are they true?”
I saw Harry’s lip turn up slightly at the corner and he brushed his curls to the side. He was silent for a few seconds as if he was debating whether he should say yes or not. Please say no, please say no.

”Yes,” he said finally. ”It’s true.” The interviewer’s face looked surprised as if she wasn’t expecting him to confirm it. I’m sure my face looked just like the interviewer’s face. Harry hadn’t warned me about this and I’m definitely not sure if I was ready for the world to know I had taken the most charming and most desirable bachelor known to everyone. ”She’s absolutely the most brilliant girl I have met. I’m lucky to be with her. I don’t deserve her,” Harry admitted with a grin and I felt a small smile pulling at my lips but it fell immediately.

”How’d you two meet?”

“She’s my girlfriend’s flat mate actually,”
Louis piped in and Harry nodded.

”She’s proper fit, Harry.” Harry agreed with the interviewer before she asked another question, changing the subject completely.

“I’m guessing Harry’s going to be in some deep shit when he gets here.”

“Yep.”

* * *

“Harold Edward Styles,” I shouted walking out of my bedroom when I heard him talking quickly and quietly to Eleanor by the front door. I heard Louis and the other boys talking excitedly somewhere else in the small flat. She must be telling Harry about how upset I am about him spilling the beans.

“’Ello beautiful,” he said trying to make me forget my slight.

“Don’t ‘ello beautiful’ me, Harry. You told everyone without telling me first!” I threw up my hands irritated. He grabbed my wrists, pulling them to my side and walking me backwards to my bedroom, not wanting the others to hear us. He shut the door before turning to me and I punched his arm.

“Ow!” He whined, rubbing his arm. “I’m sorry!”

”I’m sorry,” I mocked him and crossed my arms. “You didn’t even tell me you were going to say anything. You didn’t give me any warning and now everyone is going to invading my privacy!”

“I’m sorry, I just couldn’t tell everyone I wasn’t dating you when it’s obvious I am! Everyone knows but now I’ve just confirmed it. I’m sorry, Kay,” he apologized, pulling at my wrists to uncross my arms. “Please forgive me,” he begged teasingly with a small smile, pulling my arms apart and putting them on his shoulders. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me flush against his body and he pouted when I let my arms fall from his shoulders. “Kay,” he started but stopped and leaned down, pressing his lips against mine. I kept my lips pressed tightly together and he sighed, pulling away. “Come on, Kay. I’m sorry; I can’t take it back now. I was stupid for confirming it and next time I will ask you for your permission before revealing something that big.”

Harry stared into my eyes, his eyes holding guilt and I pursed my lips before groaning. “Ugh, fine. You’re forgiven,” I gave in and his face lit up before he began placing sloppy kisses all over my face. I let out a soft chuckle and wrapped my arms around his neck while he buried his face into mine. “You’re so hard to stay mad at,” I muttered out and I felt his lips turn into a smile against my skin. He kissed my neck softly before pulling his head back to look at me.

“I love you,” he told me before placing a kiss on my lips.

“I love you too,” I mumbled against his lips. He continued to move his lips against and walk me backwards until the back of my knees hit the side of the bed. He moved his hand to the back of my head, keeping his lips on mine as he lowered us slowly onto the bed.

Our lips moved tenderly against one another and my fingers curled themselves into his locks while his elbows rested on the sides my head so he wouldn’t crush my small frame. He pulled back a little brushing some hair out of my face and gazed down at me. “Harry?” I asked quietly. He let out a small hum signaling me to continue while brushing his fingers along my hairline and down my jaw. “Eleanor told me about the other girls.” His movements stopped and he let out a slightly irritated sigh.

“They don’t mean anything if that’s what you’re wondering,” he mumbled out quietly. “That was before I met you.”

“I know, I just can’t help but feel… Upset knowing that other girls have gotten to know you in a completely different way than I.” I noticed the corners of his lips tug upwards into a small smirk.

“So you’re jealous?” He questioned me.

“What? No, I’m not jealous…” I defended myself before he gave me a skeptical look. He was right, I was jealous. I blushed madly and pressed my lips tightly before sighing. “Okay, I guess I am jealous.”

“Kaylin, you have no reason to be jealous. You have one thing they never had from me,” he told me, placing a kiss on my nose. I scrunched my nose up out of reflex and a smile broke out on his lips.

“And what is that?”

“My love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
An update! Sorry, I didn't update right away. It took me a couple days to write this and I had a huge test in bio to study for. I still failed it anyway, I'm sure.

Harry's so cheesy sometimes :')

Next update will be coming soon. Just a warning I'm going to fast forward the story a bit to get it going again. It's only going to be a couple months into the relationship though like around Christmas.

Thank you to all those who commented:

xomrsmalikxo
ShawnieRiot
unbroken13
JoseeSkyexx
earthtoastria
tellmealie04 (i agree with you by the way, especially if it's Harry you're falling in love with ;D and I love the couple name you gave them, KARRY!)

How cute is this face?

Image

Anyway, if you like Liam Payne you, read my new story Begin Again! Only if you want :)