Sequel: Red.
Status: Complete; Sequel coming soon!

A Face to Call Home

Chapter Twelve

“How many days till you come home again?” I asked softly through the phone, laying on my bed after putting Lilly up there. It’s been about two months since I’ve seen Harry and I miss him terribly. He’s been talking to me nonstop though since the moment he left for the tour. Christmas is almost here though, six days till Christmas. I heard some shuffling and air hitting the phone through Harry’s side.

”Erm… I think four days now.” He paused. “Yep, four days. It seems so far away doesn’t it?”

“Yeah, it does,” I responded, sliding my hand over the bed sheets while Lilly chased after it, nipping at my fingers. She walked over to me, climbing on my chest and curled up into a tiny ball. I ran my fingers down her small body, feeling her soft fur.

”You’re awfully quiet today, are you okay?”

“I just miss you. I know we’ve already gone over this but I still can’t get over not being with you all the time anymore. It’s been like two months.”

”Well, you get to spend Christmas with me and my family, and then we’ll get to go to the cabin with the other boys and Eleanor. We can have our own little vacation before I leave again. You’ll have me for two whole weeks.”

“Yeah…” I smiled a little and sighed softly. “You know I never thought I would be one of those girls who always mope around and stuff when they’re boyfriends are gone but it’s just so hard not to be. It just sucks.” I heard him chuckle.

”Yeah, but most times those girls are not dating an international popstar.”

“True,” I agreed. I heard some mumbling from his side and a soft sigh from Harry.

”I’m sorry babe, but I’ve got to go. We have an interview in a few minutes. It’s night over there now, right?” He paused for a second, but answered before I could. “Yeah, it is. I keep forgetting the time difference and it must be nearly eleven there. You’ve got that test tomorrow too, babe, you need to study.” I laughed as he playfully scolded me.

“I’m fine, I studied earlier. I wanted to talk to you.”

”Good, because I really wanted to talk to you too.” I heard him let out a sigh and released one of my own. ”God, I miss you so much. I can’t wait to be home with you again. Only four more days and you’ll be in my arms again.” I heard some shouting in the background, sounded like Louis, and Harry shouted back before speaking through the phone again. ”Alright, I really have to go now. I love you, Kay.”

“I love you too. Have fun,” I said sadly.

”Goodnight, love.” Then the line went dead.

I kept telling myself, it’s only four more days until he’s home again.

Only four more days until I get to finally hold him and kiss him endlessly.

I leaned over and shut off the lamp before curling underneath the covers and holding Lilly close to me. My mind begun thinking about the time I was going to have with Harry and I finally fell into a deep sleep.

* * *

Click, click, click.

God, that is so annoying and obnoxious, how does Harry stand that sound? Maybe coming to the airport to surprise Harry wasn’t such a great idea. All these cameras and people were starting to overwhelm me. I felt Eleanor squeeze my fingers gently to reassure me everything was okay. She had warned me about this but I didn’t listen. All I wanted was to see Harry and finally get to hold him again.

Eleanor pushed through the crowd of people to reach the luggage claim where we would surprise Louis and Harry. It was now 11:23am and their flight should be landed by now. I heard Eleanor laugh and I looked over at her confused. “You’re so anxious, you’re like a little child wanting to go into a candy shop.” I stuck my tongue out at her but my face broke out in a huge grin when I saw the five boys walking closer to the luggage claim. Eleanor let out a quiet squeal and ran through the crowd, almost tackling Louis in a hug. A laugh escaped through my lips and I saw Harry look around the airport before his eyes landed on me, and a massive grin broke out on his face.

Harry pushed through the crowd of photographers, apologizing and excusing himself before jogging over to me. He threw his arms around me and lifted my feet off the ground, hugging me tightly. “Suffocating me, can’t breathe Harry,” I choked out and he laughed setting my feet back on the tile. I fixed my shirt that ridden up in the process and tucked my hair behind my ear, looking up at him. “Hi.”

“Hi,” he said with a grin. He kissed my forehead quickly and took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. After they all received their luggage, we all piled into the SUV, Harry and I sitting in the back seat. Before I could even settle into the seat, he took my face in his hands and planted a tender kiss on my lips. My face burned as the boys all cheered on Harry. He smiled in the kiss and pulled away, keeping his eyes on me. “It’s been way too long since I’ve been able to do that,” he said before kissing me again. “I’m so happy about you coming home with me tomorrow.”

“Me too.”

* * *

Harry reached over and took my hand in his, kissing the top of it softly. We were now on our way to his family’s home in Holmes Chapel. “You don’t need to be nervous, love. They’ll love you, I promise.” He reassured me but I didn’t feel any calmer. The nerves were overwhelming and my hands were shaking. He continued to place soft kisses on the top of my hand in hopes of getting me to calm down. The kisses were only making me more nervous ever since I had the talk with Eleanor the night before.

”What?!” Eleanor practically shrieked. “Are you sure?” I just nodded.

“I need advice on what to do, since you know, I’ve never done anything like that with a boy. I want it to be special, you know?” She nodded. “I’m just trying to figure out when we would actually be able to, you know…”

“Don’t plan it, it’ll only make you more anxious. When the next you and Harry begin getting intimate, just let it happen. I can’t really give you advice except to make sure you’re safe.”

“I know I’m on birth control.” I watch her face change from serious to happy in seconds.

“This is really exciting, Kay. It’s like watching my own little sister grow up!” I rolled my eyes.

“I’m only two years younger than you are,” I retorted with a smile on my face.

“I know but still.” Her smile dropped a little as she looked over my face. “Are you sure you’re ready to do this?”

“Completely.”


Harry pulled up into a little dirt path and drove behind the house then put his dark grey Audi into park. He looked over at me, but I kept my eyes on the two-story brick house. I felt his fingers grip my chin gently, turning my head to face him. He placed a gentle kiss on my lips, letting his thumb brush across my jaw softly. I moved my lips against his slowly and he let out a soft sigh in the kiss, reluctantly pulling away. Even in the darkness, his glistening emerald eyes were easy to see. “Come on,” he whispered, releasing my chin and getting out.

I followed Harry into the house with my bag on my shoulder. “Harold Edward Styles, are you making this young lady carry her own bag?” A beautiful middle-aged woman scolded him as she noticed us walk through the kitchen door.

“Mum, she wouldn’t let me carry that one even though I insisted.” I smiled a little when he looked back at me with a grin.

“Yeah, besides he already had his whole freaking closet to carry,” I told his mom with a small smile.

“Ha ha,” he sarcastically stated, before taking my hand pulling me to stand next to him.

“You are so much more beautiful than Harry described,” Harry’s mom exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. I let out an airy laugh, hugging her back. “It’s so nice to finally meet you Kaylin, you’re all he talks to me about anymore.” My cheeks turned a soft pink color.

“All good things I hope.” She let out a melodic laugh, nodding.

“Of course!” I looked up at Harry, who had a smile on his face. “I’m so glad you get to spend Christmas with us!”

“Me too,” Harry piped in before kissing the side of my head.

“Well, come on into the house! Gemma’s not here yet but she will be here soon. Harry, why don’t you go ahead and take both of your things to your room. You and Kaylin will have to share a bed, which I’m sure you won’t mind.” I saw Harry’s lips turn up into a smirk.

“Nope.” He popped the ‘p’ before grinning. “Not at all.” He grabbed our bags and started heading upstairs.

“No funny business!” Anne yelled after him. “He’s such a cheeky twat sometimes isn’t he?” I laughed and nodded.

“Oh, I know.”

“Come on, you can come help me bake some cookies. Harry tells me you’re an excellent baker.” She led the way back to the kitchen.

“I’m not that great. I think Harry’s being a bit bias.” I followed her to the kitchen and put on the little green apron she handed me. I walked over to the sink and washed my hands.

“I’m not being bias, I’m just saying what’s the truth!” Harry’s voice filled the room as he walked in and grabbed the other apron from a hook. I just rolled my eyes, drying my hands off with a towel. He walked over to me, placing his hands on my waist and pulled me into him. He leaned down to give me a kiss but Anne threw a wooden spoon at his head, causing him to flinch and grab his head as the spoon clattered onto the tile floor. “Mum!” He whined out before bending over to get the spoon.

“No snogging in my kitchen. Now wash your hands and get to work!” I laughed and maneuvered my way around Harry over to his mom and began to help her roll the dough.

For the next hour while we waited for the three batches of cookies to finish cooking, we sat in the living room drinking hot cocoa and talking about the holiday. When the timer went off, we moved back into kitchen, letting the sweet aroma fill our noses. Anne pulled out the last batch, setting them on the counter.

“Oh my god,” Harry moaned out. “The cookies smell so delicious mum. Why can’t I have one?” I watched him from the other side of the counter, as he stood behind Anne looking at the cookies over her shoulder.

“Because they’re for tomorrow, Harry. Quit whining,” she told him sternly, placing the cookies on a plate. I watched his shoulders slump in defeat and he turned to face me. I saw something in his eyes and I knew what it was the moment his lips begin turning up into a mischievous smile. Before I knew it, he had turned back around and snatched a cookie from the plate then grabbed my hand, racing up the stairs. “Harold! You better get back down here!” I heard Anne yell from the kitchen. I stumbled up the steps behind him and he pulled me into what I assumed was his room.

“Harry!” I shrieked and tried to smack his arm. He jerked his shoulder back before I could hit, making me miss. I glared at him as he beamed down at me, taking a big bite out of the cookie.

“What?” He asked with his mouth full.

“Your mom told you no,” I informed him in a snarky voice. He just shrugged and held out a piece of the cookie to me. I stared at him blankly and then he shoved the cookie onto my lips, nudging them open. I opened my mouth and took in the cookie but not without biting his fingers first.

“Ooh, getting a little feisty now, eh?” He said suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes, trying not to let a smile break out, and walked around him to sit on the bed. He followed me and sat down on the bed, calmly. I looked around the room but I wasn’t able to finish since he practically attacked me, laying me back and hovering over me with a smirk.

“Your mom said no funny business,” I said smartly, looking up at him with a smile.

“What she doesn’t know, won’t hurt her,” he simply said before crashing his lips onto mine.

* * *

My body felt unusually warm when I started waking up from my deep sleep the next morning. I buried my face into the warmth lying next to me and I felt a small vibration from the warm object. I lifted my head and saw Harry’s green eyes peeking through the eyelids, squinting in the bright light. A tired smile spread across his pink lips before he yawned. “Morning,” he greeted in a groggy voice. I just nodded, grunting softly and then buried my face into his bare neck. I felt a vibration rippled through his body while he chuckled softly. The corners of my lips lifted up involuntarily and I placed a soft kiss on his neck. “Guess what, babe?”

“What?” I mumbled against his skin and began planting soft kisses against his neck. I felt his arm wrap itself over my body and his body shift to face mine. I continued kissing along his collarbone and nipped softly at the bone. A soft groan rippled through his body, making me smile and his throat vibrated against my forehead.

“It’s Christmas,” he finally responded. He pulled back slightly and kissed me. “Merry Christmas.” I smiled kissing him back.

“Merry Christmas,” I said back and he jumped out of the bed, my eyes raking over his nearly naked features, only a pair of green boxer shorts keeping him from revealing all to me. “What are you doing?” I asked as he searched his bags frantically. He just shook his head, continuing to look. I sat up in the bed, my arms holding me up and the blankets piled into my lap. He jumped back up and crawled onto the bed, next to me and held out a long, rectangular box. “What is this?” I asked, sitting up straighter and crossing my legs.

“Just open it, Kaylin,” he said impatiently. I looked down at the teal blue box and pulled the white ribbon off of it. I lifted the top off and my eyes widened when I saw a heart necklace.

“Oh Harry…” I started but he kissed me before I could begin protesting. He pulled away and looked at me.

“Do you like it?” He asked softly.

“Of course, but yo-“ He cut me off again with a kiss. “Harry,” I mumbled against his lips and his lips curved up into a smile. I pulled back, staring down at the necklace. “It’s so beautiful, Harry. It makes my gifts to you look like nothing compared to this. You really didn’t have to do this.”

“I wanted too. I saw it in the window when I was New York and I knew I had to get it for you for Christmas,” he told me and I looked up at him with a smile. I kissed him gently.

“Thank you, I love it. I love you,” I told him before pulling the necklace out of the box and unclipped the clasp. He took it from me and leaned forward, letting it encircle my neck and looked over my shoulder to clip the clasp together. He pulled back when he got it and let his fingers trace over the small heart, making my heart thump against my chest.

He smiled and let his hand fall to my lap, taking one of my hands into his. “Come on, let’s go downstairs.”

Harry and I bounded down the steps quickly walking into the living where the Christmas tree was and saw his family gathered around it, looking through the presents.

“Ah! Merry Christmas!” Gemma exclaimed before coming over and giving us hugs and kisses.

We spent the morning opening gifts and eating breakfast together at the table. Harry plopped down onto the couch next to me with a smile and I smiled back. “What?” I asked.

“Nothing, I’m just happy, that’s all. I got to spend Christmas morning with my beautiful girlfriend and my amazing family.” I blushed a little before laying my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me, allowing me to settle into his side. “Thank you for the vinyl records, Kaylin. I love them,” he said and kissed my temple.

“They’re nothing compared to the gifts you got me,” I said a little sadly, looking down at my hands.

“Hey, look at me.” I looked over at his serious face. “I don’t care about how much money you spent on me and you shouldn’t care about how much I spent on you. You put a lot of thought into your presents and I appreciate that. And if I want to spoil you a bit with a necklace and iPad, then I will.”

“You didn’t have to get me the iPad,” I muttered out.

“You need it for school, Kaylin. Just enjoy the thing please?” I sighed softly and nodded with a small smile. “Thank you.” He sat back into the cushions of the couch. “Are you excited about going to the cabin? I am. Maybe we’ll get some time alone to just lay around and do nothing.” We definitely won’t just be doing nothing. I felt my cheeks burn a little and thanked God that Harry wasn’t looking over at me.

“Yeah, I can’t wait,” I finally said.

I definitely can’t wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! Two in one day? Awesome!

Nothing much to say today, haha. But... I don't know. I don't have anything to say.

Thank you to all you lovely people for commenting :)

xomrsmalikxo
ShawnieRiot
unbroken13
Sweet.Perfection.

Now I leave you with some wonderful Harry pictures:

Image

Image

I just love this one, his face just makes me giggle:
Image

Image