Sequel: Red.
Status: Complete; Sequel coming soon!

A Face to Call Home

Chapter Eight

My bloodshot, puffy eyes ran over my horrid features in the bathroom mirror, my hair was tangled and Harry’s shirt and sweats that he let me change into a little later in the night, hung loosely on my body. I sighed softly and pulled the hairband from my wrist, putting my hair up in a messy bun. I turned the handle of the sink, turning on the cold water and leaned over, splashing my face softly. My hand felt around the marble counter, searching for the dry wash cloth and my fingers grasped it, lifting it to wipe my face. I threw the towel back on the counter, letting my mind wander back to the events that happened the night before.

Harry kissed me. He did more than just kiss me and I enjoyed every single second of it. Butterflies filled my stomach almost immediately as I thought back to his lips on mine. My eyes traveled down to the small love bites on my neck, taking in each one. The corners of my lips tugged upwards and I ran my hands down my face, inwardly groaning with a huge smile as I thought about the questions Eleanor was going to ask me when I got back home. A knock on the door interrupted me from my thoughts, making me jump. “Kaylin? Are you okay in there?” Harry’s groggy voice asked through the door. I opened the door; the bright room came into view and looked up at him. He gave me a tired smile, taking my hand in his. My eyes travelled down his bare chest, taking in every single muscle and perfection. “Come back to bed,” he said sleepily, his eyes squinting in the light. I nodded and flipped the bathroom light off before he pulled me to the bed. I glanced at the clock and the numbers flashing across the small screen said 7:23am.

We lied in bed for a couple hours talking about everything from our childhoods to the most embarrassing things we have ever done. After a while, a comfortable silence filled the air. My head rested on his chest and my arm draped across his small waist while he ran his finger slowly up and down my spine through the thin material. He let out a soft chuckle when I shivered from his movements and I felt my cheeks burning up. His chest rose and fell as he took a deep breath. “Can I ask you a question?” He asked me softly.

“You already did,” I said smartly. He groaned shifting slightly so we could face each other. I gave him a grin, watching him roll his eyes with a small smirk on his face. “What’s the question?”

“Well, I was wondering, what happened to your friend back in the states? You haven’t mentioned him for ages.”

“Honestly?” He nodded and I continued, “I forgot about him till now. My mom did ask me about him but I’ve been so focused on school and,” I paused for a second. “And you.” I barely whispered a blush creeping up onto my cheeks. “I just didn’t really think about him. But I’ve told you that I wanted to forget everything about my past. You know I wish that I never made that promise to him. I wish I had told him, I’m sorry but I can’t.”

“Why didn’t you?”

“I don’t know. I guess I wasn’t expecting anything to happen out here but for me to go to school and such. I was so set on going to school and being a veterinarian, I didn’t care about anything else. I also didn’t want to hurt him before I even let the states.” He nodded before kissing my forehead gently.

“Has he tried to get a hold of you?” I shrugged and he just sighed softly before placing a soft kiss on my lips. He reached up his hand to my neck and touched the small love bites softly with a small smile. I stared at him observing his face as he kept his eyes on the small bruises he had formed the night before. His eyes travelled up to my lips before looking into my eyes and he leaned in placing his lips on mine again, tenderly moving his against mine. My eyes fluttered shut as our mouths moved together in sync and he laced his fingers into my hair.

Harry continued to kiss me and he pulled my body closer to his, molding our bodies together. My heart thumped heavily against my chest and the butterflies burst hitting the walls of my stomach. A warm, wet object touched my lips softly but I didn’t open my mouth when I learned it was Harry’s tongue and he noticed. He slid his hand from my hair down the curve of my back to my bottom pushing it roughly against his pelvis. I gasped and he slipped his tongue into my mouth, exploring every corner. My tongue brushed against his hesitantly but he continued to massage my mouth. He slowly shifted himself on top of me, settling himself between my legs and his elbows holding his body up slightly, without breaking the kiss.

Every nerve ending was tingling and I about exploded when he pressed his groin into mine. He pulled away from the kiss leaving me gasping for air as he trailed soft kisses down my neck to my collarbone. “Harry,” I moaned out softly, biting my lip as nipped at my collarbone.

“Har– OH!” Louis busted through the door, staring at us oddly."Awkward..." He sang out slowly in a higher pitch.

“Lou! Get out!” Harry shouted, jumping off the bed to close the door. Louis just laughed obnoxiously running out of the room and slammed the door closed behind him. Harry glanced back at my red face with an apologetic look. I threw a pillow over my face, falling back on the bed. I heard him chuckle quietly before climbing onto the bed and over to me, gently tugging on the pillow but I held it tightly to my face. “Kaylin let go,” he said softly. I didn’t and he pulled harder. “Kay, come on.” He yanked it out of my grip and had a grin on his face.

“That was so embarrassing. Now he’s going to make everything so awkward!” I frantically said. He just smiled down at me while I had a mini freak out. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Because, you’re absolutely the most adorable person I’ve ever met,” he stated and kissed me softly. I gently pushed on his chest, but he resisted.

“Harry, I should go,” I mumbled against his lips. He sighed and pulled back, nodding.

“Fine, but promise me one thing.” I looked at him waiting for his promise. “Promise you’ll go on a date with me sometime this week.”

“Okay,” I barely whispered. His face broke out in a grin and I just laughed, getting up and grabbing my clothes from the floor. “I’ll see you later.”

“Okay, love.”

* * *

September 10, 2012

Kaylin,

It’s been almost a week and a half since I’ve heard from you. How’s London treating you? You must be having a blast considering you haven’t talked to me in a while. I miss you, Kay. Talk to me soon, please?

Max

-

September 15, 2012

Kay,

Are you ignoring me or something? I’ve been giving you time to get adapted but I would like to hear from you at some point.

Max

-

September 19, 2012

Kaylin,

Are you really dating that boy from the UK boyband? I hope it’s not true. You made a promise to me.

Max

-

September 23, 2012

Kaylin,

I miss you.

Max

-

September 27, 2012

Kay,

I hope you are happy with Harry. That’s his name right? He seems like a nice guy. Your mom told me she talked to you the other day. Why haven’t you talked to me?

Max

-
September 29, 2012

Kaylin,

Promises are meant to be kept, not broken. Please talk to me. It’s been a month.

Max


I closed my laptop, wiping away the stray tear that was falling from my eye. I don’t even know why I was crying. It’s not like I love him anyway. And I’m not even dating Harry, yet I can’t help but to feel guilty about everything. But I kissed Harry and I’ve become great friends with him. I wanted to be with Harry, not Max. Harry is everything Max isn’t. He has green eyes while Max’s brown ones never appealed to me. Harry’s much taller and lanky but has the right amount of muscles as Max has a smaller frame and only an inch taller than I. I loved Harry’s unruly brown curls and I absolutely hated Max’s blonde locks. Harry makes me feel comfortable and always keeps a conversation going. Max was awkward and never knew what to say.

I never wanted to be with Max, ever. I felt bad about it but I couldn’t tell Max that. He would be heart-broken if he knew I couldn’t love him like he loves me. I couldn’t tell him that I have feelings for the green-eyed boy. I took a couple deep breaths before opening the laptop and clicking on the button to compose a new message.

Max,

I’m sorry. I’m sorry for not talking to you in the last month; I’ve just been so busy with school and stuff. London’s great, I absolutely love it. I think I’ve finally found the place where I belong.

I didn’t mean to ignore you; I just rarely checked my email.

I’m not dating Harry. We’re just really good friends. He’s been there for me when I needed someone because he knows what it’s like to miss home since he travels all the time. I’m sorry if it seemed like I didn’t care about the promise, I do.

I’ll try to keep in contact with you more often.

Kaylin


My heart was feeling heavier after every word I typed. I clicked the send button and closed the laptop. I felt my phone buzzed next to me and I picked it up, a smile spreading across my face when I saw Harry on the screen.

I miss you, come back please?

We’ve been away for less than two hours and I can’t :( I have to finish my homework before class tomorrow.

Then I’ll come over and just watch you do your homework!

I let out a laugh when I read the text.

Such a creeper.

I felt the phone buzz again but I noticed it was a phone call instead and I answered, lifting it to my ear.

“You love it though,” his husky voice came through the speaker. I let out a small laugh and I knew he had a smile on his face. “I love your laugh.”

“Harold, why’d you call?” I asked avoiding his compliment, biting my lip.

“Can I please, please, please come over? Please? Pretty, pretty ple¬–“

“Okay!” I almost shouted through the phone. “Okay, but you can’t distract me. I have to get this done.”

“No promises. I’ll be there soon.” He hung up the phone before I could protest and I groaned, throwing the phone down onto the couch. My head turned to the door when it flew open.

“So Louis tells me he is now scarred for life,” I heard Eleanor say as she walked through the front door with Louis trailing behind her, holding some bags. My eyes widened slightly as a blush and a small smile appeared on my face.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I retorted, playfully glaring at Louis.

“Oh, but you do! He tells me you were snogging Harry this morning in his bed!” Eleanor exclaimed as Louis stood behind her making hip thrusting movements and mouthing ‘Harry’ as he contorted his face in what I guess was pleasure. I flipped him off and he grabbed at his chest like his heart was hurting.

“Maybe you should teach your boyfriend to knock on the door before coming in! Then he wouldn’t be scarred.”

“Hey! I didn’t expect you to be shagging Harry!” Louis protested.

“We were not shagging!” I defended quickly. I blushed at how doubtful that sounded. “We were just kissing,” I said more calmly.

“And dry humping,” Louis muttered and I groaned as Eleanor let out a laugh.

I threw a pillow at Louis, but it missed hitting the wall behind him as he ran to the safety of the kitchen. “I hate you, Lou.”

“Awe! I love you too Kay-kay!” Louis shouted happily from the kitchen. Eleanor laughed before patting my head and walking into the kitchen to help him put away some groceries. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the textbook off the ottoman in front of me, opening it. I begun reading the chapter, studying for the quiz I had in chemistry tomorrow.

A few minutes later, Harry walked right into the apartment, I looked up and he smiled when he saw me curled up on the couch. I smiled back, sitting up when he walked over and settled himself down next to me. He kissed my cheek and sat back, putting his arm around me and I curled up into his side. He sat silently by my side as I read the science textbook, playing with my hair in his fingers.

The only sounds to be heard was the muffled conversation between Louis and Eleanor in the kitchen, Harry’s soft breathing, and the turning of the pages every so often. Louis walked into the main room just shouting randomly causing me to jump in my spot. Harry let out a small chuckle. Eleanor came out and sat down on the love seat next to the leather couch Harry and I were occupying.

“God, he is such a child, I swear.” I muttered, looking back down at the book and Harry let out a loud laugh. I shifted my position to lean against the arm of the couch and sprawled my legs out across Harry’s lap. Harry pouted slightly but I just smiled before reading once again. Louis plopped down on the loveseat next to Eleanor and I watched him reacd for the remote. I slapped at his hand.

“Ow!” He shouted, pulling his hand back.

“I’m studying,” I said sternly, shoving the remote between the arm of the couch and the cushion, underneath my bottom.

“But I want to watch the telly!” He whined. Harry suddenly reached over behind me, shoving his hand between the arm of the couch and the cushion.

“Harold!” I shrieked, pulling and slapping at his arm as his hand dug its way between. His body was almost pressing against mine and I pushed on his chest with one of my forearms. The other was pulling at his arm but he resisted and buried his face in my neck, nipping at my collarbone. I gasped, making me stop my restraints and he pulled away completely, remote in his hand. I glared at him when he tossed the remote to Louis.

“I do not want to know what he did to get her to stop,” Eleanor said disgustingly. I just crossed my arms and continued to glare at Harry. Louis shrugged and turned on the television, flipping through the channels.

“Awe, come on, Kay. Don’t be mad at me,” Harry begged, pulling at my wrists to get me to uncross my arms. His bottom lip pouted out when he pulled my arms apart, holding my wrists. “Please…” I just snatched my wrists from his grip and looked down at the book, reading. Harry grabbed at the bottom of my thighs, pulling me closer to him. I held onto the book, keeping myself upright and avoiding his emerald eyes. “Kay,” he whined quietly. I continued reading as he leaned over closer to me and began kissing various spots on my face and neck. I tried to keep my eyes on my reading but he kept blocking my view. I involuntarily let out a giggle when he kissed below my earlobe. I could feel his lips lift up and he pulled back looking at me with a lopsided grin.

“You two are so disgustingly cute,” Louis said and Eleanor agreed. I laughed when Harry shot the two a look. “Are you two finally together yet? Harold will not stop talking about you, Kay-Kay.” I noticed Harry’s cheek turn a light pink and I giggled softly.

“Well, I mean how can I not talk about her? Everyone knows I fancy her,” Harry said, pulling me closer to him. “And to answer your question, yes, we are together. I hope so, at least…” I smiled and nodded.

“Of course.” Harry broke out into a huge smile that lit up his eyes and leaned in, kissing my lips softly.

“Oh, come on!” Louis whined. “Can’t you do that somewhere else? You’re making me sick.” I heard a smack and a loud shriek. I looked over at Louis rubbing the back of his head softly before giving Eleanor a kiss.

“Such a hypocrite,” Harry said and Louis flipped him off while still kissing Eleanor. I laughed and Harry smiled, kissing my nose. I poked one of his dimples with my finger. “I can’t wait for our date.”

“Me either.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another update!

Louis's face when doing the hip thrusting thing behind Eleanor :P

Image

Thank you for all of those who commented on my story :D You all are really amazing, just so you know!

Sweet.Perfection.
ShawnieRiot (There's your update! :D)
unbroken13
xomrsmalikxo
Leslie.
tellmealie04
angel1234
sportsfanatic19

Here are some Harry gifs just cause I feel like sharing them with you:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image