Status: Getting there!

The Boy Next Door

So, so close.

I raised my fist to the door but stopped myself. I started mentally preparing myself for what was about to happen and what would happen if the boy didn't like me. Thought I was a good for nothing fag, or if he laughed in my face, hated me for just thinking I could come over whenever I pleased.
I had to stop all this stupid fucking shit going around in my head. After about a minute of slowly breathing and composing my thoughts, I raised my fist again and knocked on the door.

When the door opened, I couldn't exactly say I wasn't surprised. I was expecting the tall, dark haired boy to open the door or at least what I assume to be his brother, but no. I became face to face to a shortish woman, made taller by platform heels, resulting in her being fucking taller than me. She it wasn't that hard but still.
Her bleached blonde mess of hair came 'flowing' past her shoulders and stopped half way down her waist. There were many blonde streaks standing up on end making the poor woman looked as if she were just electrocuted.
She smiled at me warmly making the corner of her eyes crinkle up.
"Hello dear," she said leaning slightly on the open door.
"Hi," I rushed out not wanting to look like a frozen idiot, sure I was expecting to see God when the door opened but I couldn't just act like a fucking clueless dick.
"I brang these over from my Mom. I live just next door to you," I lifted up my hand to show her the basket full of cookies and muffins.

"Oh how sweet of your mother and you for bringing them over," she smiled once again, taking the basket out of my hand. "What's your name dear?"
"Oh, err, Frank, Frank Iero Ma'am," I stuttered out.
"Well nice to meet you Frank, why don't you come in? I have a son that's about your age and I'm sure you two will get along perfectly!"
There was no way in hell I'll refuse that offer, I'll be in the same house as that black haired god.

The blonde mess side stepped away from the door, her hand in a gesturing way to let me in.
"Thank you Mrs…" I trailed off hoping that the Mother of the Guy Of My Dreams, would finish my sentence.
Shit, I'm becoming obsessed with this boy and I don't even know his fucking name, shit, shit shitty shit! Why Frankie, why? Why do I have to have this obsessive mind?
"Way," she replied, interrupting my thoughts. "Mrs Way but you can call me Donna," she smiled for like, the billionth time within the last few minutes.

I was about to reply to Mrs Way but was cut off by her shrieking up the stairs, "Michael! Get your skinny arse down here!"
She looked back at me sheepishly, her gaze went to behind my shoulder. "Oh dear, could you shut the door for me? Thanks sweetie," She said after I shut the door. As I turned around, I heard a thumping noise getting closer then saw the boy wearing the Anthrax tee and glasses galloping down the stairs.

He stopped in his tracks about half way down the stairs upon seeing me and startled me by saying, "Who the fuck are you?"

I looked at him dumbfounded. Who the hell is that rude upon meeting someone? Like, seriously, attitude may need to be fucking checked there!

Mrs Way turned around shooting me an apologetic smile before turning back to her son, what I assume to be glaring at him.
Immediately, his face softened and his features begun to look the same as when I saw him outside my window earlier that day.
I realised that he was looking at me expectantly and that he still wanted an answer to the god awful question of his.

"Frank, Frank Iero. I live next door to you," He nodded slowly looking me up and down about three times before he smiled. "Nice top, come up."
I looked down at my top, stunned by his change in attitude. Mrs Way smiled at me and walked into a room full of boxes after saying "Have fun, don't worry about his rudeness at first, I just know you'll get along," to me.

I looked back at Michael who was almost at the top of the stair case now. He turned round looking at me annoyed and grumbled a "Come on then!"
I trudged up the stars after looking back longingly to the door. Maybe it wasn't too late to bolt? Oh who the fuck was I kidding? I wanted to stay there and try and steal a peak of that boy again.

I followed Michael into his room that already had band posters pinned to the wall and clothes thrown around carelessly. He flopped onto his bed, looked around and said "Sorry 'bout the mess dude, this is not cool."
"Nah it's okay Michael," I was going to carry on but got stopped by the evil death glare I was receiving from Michael.
"Call. Me. Mikey. Or Mikes is fine but fuck dude, not Michael." It was so strange to see Mich- Mikey's emotions change from one to another. I just nodded, almost scared but relaxed when Mikey patted the mattress next to him in an attempt to make me sit down.
I complied immediately.
Mikey looked at me amused and softly laughed, "Dude, don't be so fucking scared, I'm cool. I promise,"
I let out a nervous laugh but loosened up nevertheless.
"So, Frank, Frankie, Franko. Tell me 'bout yourself."
"Err…" as soon as I made a noise, Mikey had turned his whole body towards me, crossed his legs and leaned his chin on his hands looking like an eager school child waiting to hear it's favourite story. I giggled slightly at his expression and started on the bands I like.

In the next hour or so I learnt much about Mikey and he learnt a shit load 'bout me. We both like the same kinda bands but I'm more of a Black Flag and Misfits kind of guy were as he liked more Anthrax (his favourite band) and Smashing Pumpkins (the first band he saw live). He told me about his quest on learning to play the bass and was surprised to hear that I played guitar (he thought it was funny that I could actually play because of how small my hands were. Nice.)
I learnt that he was one year older than me and he thought it was pretty cool that my birthday was on Halloween. I showed him my tattoos, which he thought was totally cool (fuck yeah I can be cool!).
Half way through a debate on who was better; Batman or Hellboy, I heard a plodding noise echoing from the hall way.
I turned towards the door slightly at the exact moment the long, ebony haired boy walked through the door with only a towel covering his bottom half, hips down.

"Hey Mikes, seen my stapler around…" He looked up and stopped when he saw me.
I could feel a deep blush creeping its was onto my face as he looked at me blushing himself.
His lips moved wordlessly before he whispered out a "Hey…"