Status: Getting there!

The Boy Next Door

City lights.

Franks POV

Tonight so far has been AMAZING! The best time of my life, hands down. Earlier when those people started shouting homophobic words at us, I was starting to feel upset. I felt like I didn't want Gerard to go through what I get most days at school, and I would be the cause of it. I thought that it would have upset him but instead he turned around and kissed me.
He fucking KISSED me! I never knew a kiss could feel that great, feel that perfect. I wanted to keep on kissing him like my life depended on it.
Now I'm sounding like a teenage girl, all giggly and all lovey dovey. Embarrassing.

I really wanted to know where Gerard was taking me. I asked him and all he said was "Some where special." Like what? How does he even know where he's going? He doesn't live around here. Hell, I live here and I don't know where we're going. All the way thought the car journey, he kept his hand looked around mine as we carried on with our usual chit-chat. I love how we can just do that. No awkward silences or moments we have nothing else to say. It's perfect.

About 20 minutes later, and we were STILL in the car. Oh. My. God. What if he's a rapist or like, a serial killer or OH MY GOD what if he was going to leave me out in the middle of no where?
Just as I was panicking, Gee turned the corner and onto a field and carried on until we got to the end. It was a little like the place I showed him last night but, better.

I looked up at Gerard and just had to ask "Gee, where are we?" He smiled down at me sweetly and took my hand in his.
"You'll see in a sec." He let go of my hand, opened the door, got out and went round opening my door for me and giving me back his hand. I looked up at him and grinned when I saw the caring look in his eye.
"Now. Get on top of the car."
"Hang on, what?!"
"Get on the top," and I did just what he said.
I felt the car move slightly as the boot was opened and once again when it was slammed shut. Then Gerard climbed on top with me with… a basket?
"Erm, what's with that?"
"Our dinner silly," He said with a little bop on my nose.
"Ooh," see, that made perfect sense.
"Now look out over there," I followed where his finger was pointing and gasped when I saw the outstanding view.
I, Frank Iero, was looking out at the view of New York city. Yes that's right, we drove for over an hour and he took me here. It's magical. All the bright lights of the city were twinkling but because we were so high up and far from the actual city, we were able to see the stars shinning above us. I never thought I'd be able to see this view, I never knew there was even somewhere I'd be able to go to experience this. It was something else, it really was beautiful.

We were sitting up on the roof eating our little sandwiches and random food that Gerard packed just talking. I couldn't believe it when he pulled out the vegetarian safe food, it was so sweet to see that he remembered I was veggie.
As we ate, Gee started to tell me the story of how he discovered this beautiful place.

"Well, one day I got really upset. I got beaten at school and I couldn't take it, so I decided to run away. I was a little shit back then. I stole my Mom's car and just drove. I found this view and sat here for about 3 hours, just looking out, thinking and drawing. I wanted to share to you my little thinking place, just like you showed me mine."

I swallowed the biscuit I was eating and turned my body around to fully look at him. He was looking out at the view still, deep in thought. He looked almost sad. I couldn't bare to look at Gee sad, so when he finished his sandwich, I took both of his hands and lent forward. He looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you Gee," he looked at me confused so I explained.
"Thank you for sharing with me your thinking place. I don't know why, but it means a lot to me."
"Well you mean a lot to me Frankie," I looked down onto our hands blushing.
"We just met yesterday Gee."
"I know, but I feel like I've known you for such a long time," he looked at me as if he really cared about me. It honestly felt like we were declaring our love.
"I feel the same way, it's so weird but I can trust you."
"Look at this," he said when after he smiled in response.
We laid onto out backs and fuck. The sky looked amazing. The stars were shinning so bright I felt as if we were in a desert, no lights around us but the stars. They were beautiful, the city was beautiful and the man I was sharing this experience with was beautiful.

Since when have I been this lucky? Since when have Frank Iero been this fucking lucky? I couldn't believe this was happening, I really couldn't. Gerard and I had such a great relationship already, we had so much in common and we were able to talk about anything for hours. Why hasn't it always been like this? Where has he been for all this time? I never believe in soul mates but maybe they do exist? Jeez, I'm fucking cheesy, is this what I'll be like around Gerard?

Gerard's hand slipped back into mine and pulled me closer to him. I laid my head on his chest as he put his arms around me pulling me in even closer. He kissed the top of my head and started rubbing my arms as I began to shiver.
"You're cold," he stated. I just nodded.
"Just one sec," he responded. He got up and jumped off the roof to open the boot again. He returned a few moments later holding a blanket with a huge smile on his face. I couldn't help but giggle at him, he was just too adorable.
"You laughing at me?" He giggled poking my side.
"You're just so cute Gee," I blushed after I realised what I said. He pulled me again to resume the cuddling but this time with the blanket over us.
"You're the cute one Frankie."
"Nuh huh!"
"Okay, what ever you say."

We stayed on top of the car roof for a good hour, just looking at the stars above us, intertwined by our feet. It was starting to get late but I didn't worry too much. My Mom was out tonight and wouldn't be returning until tomorrow morning. I had all the time in the world at that moment.
It started to get really cold then, a huge burst of wind made both me and Gerard shiver.

"Let's go back in the car?" Gerard suggested. I nodded and pulled my self up, already missing the contact. We moved into the car where Gerard stuck the heat on full blast, both of us sighing at the sudden warmth.

"Do you want to go back to mine?" I asked, almost worried about the answer. Was I being too forward? I fucking hope not.
"Sure," he grinned. I'm guessing I wasn't.

On the drive back, my hand never left Gerard's, even though it was awkward whenever he had to change gear. We carried on talking just like before, I still can't believe we had this much to talk about. It made my heart warmer just at the thought of it.

As we rolled up to my house, we both turned to look at each other and of course we both had this fucking cheesy grin plastered onto our faces. At exactly the same time, we lent forward, meeting half way in between us.
As my lips connected with his, I felt a spark of electricity fly through my body. This new found feeling was amazing. I never wanted this to end. My arms had mechanically moved their way round Gerard's neck, pulling myself closer. The kiss deepened just as his hands moved to my hips and his tongue swiped my bottom lip. I gasped at the sudden change and Gerard, being the little shit he is, took that opportunity to enter my mouth fighting with my own tongue. I moved forward, moving my whole body to straddle him, never breaking the kiss.
Just as I could feel my self become a little too exciting, a bright car light passed by the car and stopped at Gerard's house. We broke the kiss, both panting and turned to look at the car.

"I know that car," Gerard stated confused. His confusion didn't last long when a girl about Gerard's age emerged from the car.
"Shit, it's Alicia!" We got out of the car hand in hand and walked up to this supposed Alicia just as she was about to knock on the door.
"Alicia!" Gerard called.
"Hey… Gerard." She seemed weird, almost uncomfortable.
"Why are you here? Sorry to be demanding but you drove all this way at night?"
"Oh erm, I came to see Mikey." And with that she knocked on the door.
Gerard turned to me and shrugged. Alicia didn't seem like she wanted to talk to either of us so we headed towards my house.