Status: Active.

Gravity

T W O

"For fuck's sake, hold still!" Dee shouted.

"You're pulling my hair!" I argued as she twisted the front of my hair in her fingers. It was covered in some sort of goop that Dee had scooped out of a jar. I half wondered if she really knew what she was doing.

Ashley merely laughed as he leaned against the door frame, shirtless, but holding a towel over his shoulder. Dee didn't mind that he was half naked around me, mainly because she knew I had no interest in him at all. She was so confident in his love for her, anyways, that she didn't care what girl threw themselves at her boyfriend. "You're looking good, Kid. The boys will all drop dead," He winked.

Ashley was the nicest to me of the members of the band. He, like Dee, was someone who always knew what I was thinking. He had been my friend since Dee dragged me to his bus on my first day, yelling about her new friend. He, like John, was like a big brother. Ashley had more heart and emotion than John did, and I felt closer to him than my boss.

It always puzzled me how Dee and Ashley never found out about my love for Andy. I did conceal it very well, but some times were harder than others. Whenever Andy was in the room, I was quiet. I was nervous and my palms would sweat and my knees would shake. It was a horrible reaction or side-effect to what I feel for him. Dee, never questioned anything though. Which is remarkable, because Dee questioned everything.

"Hey, after this we can take her to dinner with us," Ashley suggested, and I couldn't stop myself from groaning, "We're going out with the guys. It'll be fun," He suggested.

"You don't really have a choice, Ken," Dee smirked before dunking my head into the bathwater. When she brought me back up, the color of the bathwater was a dark blue color.

"Get her dolled up, Dee. It's going to be a fun night," He said while walking out of the room, laughing as he did so.

When I looked in the mirror I saw that my bangs, from root to tip, was a deep teal color. I had to admit, I actually liked it. Dee seemed proud of herself, "You have a teal phone cover, so I guessed it was a color you really liked," She smiled.

"Thanks."

"Let's find you something to wear for tonight."

"You're going to wear that?" Kat asked. I looked around then back down at myself before nodding. "Please, Kennedy, don't embarrass yourself," She sighed and walked over to my closet. Dee had allowed me to borrow some of her clothes for the party tonight, and I thought I looked somewhat attractive.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked and Kat turned and glared.

"You can't wear stuff like that, Ken. It's not you. The skirt makes your legs look chubby and your hips wide. Plus, that top doesn't go with your skin tone," Kat explained before digging through my closet. She tossed a pair of black jeans at me before searching for a top.

"Oh. Dee let me borrow it," I stated softly.

"Yeah, well who made Dee your personal fashion assistant? The girl can't even dress herself," Kat snapped as she handed me a baggy black tank-top with a skull design cut out on the front. She then tossed me a white tank top to go under. "Where your black TOMS, they'll look the best," She stated before walking out, "And for God's sake, take that red lipstick off."

I trusted Kat. Who wouldn't? She's a model, a successful one at that, and girls would kill to be like her. She had all of the designer clothes. She knew what trends were in and out, and she knew what people should wear. I guess it was the only thing she really was good at, besides being so pretty.

I changed out of the black mini skirt Dee had lent me and took off the blue studded tank that was tucked in. I had kicked off the heeled booties and sighed. "Are you done yet!? Andy's waiting!" She called and I groaned.

"Almost!" I called before quickly tossing the jeans and top on, slipping on my shoes. I crossed over to my mirror and used a tissue to rid most of the traces of red lipstick from before. I stared at my reflection for a moment, seeing the black eyeliner and soft red tint from the previous lip stain. Kat was right. I wasn't mean to be one of those pretty girls. I didn't even come close.


"Kennedy," Dee looked at me with a serious look in her eyes, "Believe me when I tell you, that you look absolutely stunning," She stated. I groaned and turned to look at the mirror again.

Dee had gotten me into one of her black mini dresses. It was strapless and she paired it with a black blazer with small studs embellishing the lapels and pocket. The shoes were gorgeous, with a tall heel and sleek design. I was only five-foot-nothing, and it certainly gave me height. Dee had straightened my hair completely , sweeping my teal bangs to the side then pinning them back so they were more noticeable.

"It's too much, Dee. Don't you have something simpler?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes, "Fine. But your keeping the shoes... and the make-up," She glared before heading to her suitcase yet again.

She returned with a pair of ridiculously tight black jeans and a sheer black button up blouse. I put both on, with the shoes and without damaging my face, before she added her own jewelry and shoving a purse at me, "Use it," She warned and I huffed.

"What do you think pockets are for, huh?" I argued and she smiled.

"You look fantastic," She smiled and I once again looked in the mirror.

I was impressed with Dee. The tight jeans and heels made my legs look long and slender. My bony shoulders were hidden with the blouse, but the shirt hung perfectly on my small frame. "Are you sure about the red lipstick?" I asked, and she glared.

Dee had taken the dress I had on earlier and slipped it on before pairing it with a red cardigan and red heels. She certainly filled the dress out better than I did. I hadn't the chest or butt to pull it off like Dee or Kat could.

When she was ready we walked outside into the chilly air where Ashley was waiting. At the sight of us he whistled and kissed Dee before turning to me, "Damn, Kennedy. Didn't know you had those kegs on you," He smiled and I inched away, self-conscious. "You look beautiful," He assured.

"Really, Ken. You're stunning," Dee added.

"Alright, let's go," I huffed and they laughed. Ashley had managed to snag one of the rental cars to take us to the restaurant in. We would grab a bite to eat with the others before heading to a local bar, no less.

"So, who's going tonight?" Dee asked from the passenger seat as she examined her newly painted black nails.

"All of the guys, except for Andy," Ashley answered and she raised an eyebrow. I perked up in the backseat. Why, of all days for me to look decent, did Andy not have to be there?

"Why not? He never goes out anymore," She protested and Ashley shrugged.

"Something about Kat and a letter. You know he never misses those."

Suddenly, my stomach dropped. Dread filled inside my lungs and I had to bite back an urge to slap myself.

With all that was going on with Dee and Ashley, Andy had slipped my mind. Not entirely, but I forgot about the most important part of today. I had forgotten to deliver the letter to Andy's bus. I usually left it on the table in the small kitchen area, but I had forgotten. Today was the first time I had ever done anything like this.

Kat would kill me.