Status: Active.

Gravity

T H R E E

"What the fuck, Kennedy!" Kat screamed into my ear. Even through the loud music, I could hear her screaming, "Why is Andy calling me asking for his fucking letter!" Kat was furious. Her voice didn't even sound the same she was screaming so loud. "What else do you do besides write them!?"

"I-I'm sorry, Kat," I choked out, "It won't happen again," I stated.

"You're really something, you know that, Kennedy?" She spat, "I can't believe you forgot about your own friend. Is that how tour works now?" She scoffed.

"I'll deliver it tomorrow."

"You better," She snapped.

I sighed contently when she hung up, and I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. Tomorrow was an off day, which meant that I had to get the letter to Andy without him noticing. There's a guy on tour who delivers all of the mail, and i usually just slip it into the pile after he's delivered to the band's bus. But tomorrow would be a challenge. I couldn't give it to the mail guy. The less people who knew about mine and Kat's arrangement, the better.

"Hey, what's bugging you?" Ashley slid against the wall to be beside me.

"Oh, just some stuff I need to take care of," I replied.

"You can handle it tomorrow!" He exclaimed, "Tonight, we're having fun!" With that, he dragged me to the table where everyone was sitting.

"Woah, check out the hair!" CC yelled before rushing over to me. He took a piece between his fingers and grinned, "Looking good, Kennedy," He smiled before sitting back down.

"Yeah, Ken, you deffinetly rock blue," Jinxx added and Dee turned to him.

"Excuse me, it's teal," She corrected, causing the guitarist to roll his eyes. I laughed, sitting down at the end of the table, next to Dee.

We had only ordered appetizers and drinks. The night was just starting, and everyone would much rather be full of booze than food. Dee had turned her attention from me to talk to Ashley and the rest of guys. As the first round of drinks came out, someone familiar had walked in. "I see you got the party started without me," He smiled and I nearly choked.

Andy stood there in black jeans, his smile brighter than ever, in a plain black shirt with a jean vest over. I took him in, then tore my gaze away and focused on my lap. "I see you took a moment away from your puppy love to join us," CC retorted and Andy laughed. He pulled a chair from an empty table and pulled it up beside me.

"Oh hey, Kennedy," He smiled, "I didn't even see you there."

"Hey," I muttered. My hands were on my lap, shaking as he flashed a smile at me.

"I like the hair," He stated and I gave a small smile.

A wave of happiness burst through me, and I was glad I had allowed Dee to dye it. I had allowed myself to not be so ridged around Andy. Tonight should be fun. Dee had made me feel pretty for the first time since- well since ever. I could at least be normal.

The guys had gone on to laugh, and order more drinks. Dee had been trying to hand me multiple drinks, but I drank slowly. I was their assistant still, and if they couldn't drive, I would have to. Still, I didn't like getting drunk. I felt vulnerable and weak. So I remained sober most of the time, "The night is still young!" CC yelled across the table, "Let's blow this joint!"

Everyone agreed, and there was a bar with good music just down the street. It was walking distance, so we paid- well Ashley had paid for me and Dee, and headed out the door, "Uh, I'll catch you guys later," Andy said once we were all outside.

"Aw, c'mon, Man!" Jake protested.

"Yeah, you never go out anymore! You stay in the bus making googly-eyes at a computer screen," Jinxx added.

Andy rolled his eyes, "I Skype Kat, you know," He defended.

"One night is all we ask. C'mon, you're already out!" Ashley had added. Everyone was on his back now, and Andy, much to his dismay, gave in.

Andy grumbled the whole walk to the bar, typing away on his cell-phone. He was probably talking to Kat, and she was probably sending pictures of herself to cheer him up. Of course, he was probably staring at her perfect body and beautiful face. I almost thought it was unfair for Kat to hold so much beauty. She had everything every girl could want. Her smile was perfectly straight and white. She had almond shaped eyes that were always so sultry. She had the curves many girls wanted. Small waist, big boobs, curved hips. It was undeniably unfair to us girls who lacked what she had.

When we reached the bar, Dee had suggested we start the night by all taking a round of shots. No one had protests against her idea, so I kept my mouth shut. She had slid a shot of whiskey down the bar to me and winked, "To a fucking awesome night!" She shouted. The remainder of us had shouted back a "Yeah!" Before taking down our shots. The whiskey burned my throat and it almost made me tear up a bit. Still, I made a grimace before slamming the glass down and taking a deep breath, "That's the spirit."

It wasn't long until someone, probably Ashley, had put on the song 'Cherry Pie' by Warrant, and everyone was dancing around the pool tables. All except Andy. He sat at the bar, a full drink in front of him, staring at his phone. I too remained at the bar, but was looking out at the ridiculousness in front of me. The guys were all laughing and hugging each other, spilling their drinks everywhere, "So, miss Kennedy, why is it that you're here all alone and not having fun?" A voice asked.

I turned and saw CC sitting with a wide smile, but with curious eyes. I shrugged, "Someone has to drive right?" I asked and he nodded.

"I guess. Doesn't mean you can't dance," He stated.

"I can't dance unless there's a substantial amount of alcohol in my system," I confessed and he laughed.

"So," He turned to me and got serious. I took a drink of my water when he asked, "So why doesn't a beautiful girl like you, have a boyfriend yet?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Just haven't found the right guy yet," I replied.

"Or," He looked past me, "The right guy hasn't found you."

"What?" I questioned.

He sighed, "C'mon, Kennedy. I know what's going on here," He stated, "How long have you been into Andy?"

My eyes widened. How could he know? How could anyone know? Dee and Ashley didn't even know, so how the hell did someone like CC find out?

"I see how you act around him. I mean, you're shy as it is, Kennedy, though I don't know why. But you're totally different around him. I see you get nervous and try to leave the room as quick as possible. You try to glance at him from the corner of your eye," He smiled, "CC doesn't miss a thing."

"But," I couldn't find words.

"C'mon, it's nothing to be ashamed about," He nudged me with his elbow. I mean, who doesn't like him, right?" He laughed, "Why don't you just spit it out already?"

"He has a girlfriend," I stated, and it took everything I had in me to not burst into tears, "And she's my best friend," I added. I didn't know which part was worse. Saying out loud that Andy was taken, or that he was taken by Kat.

He looked at me sadly, "Let's take a walk," He smiled.

I looked over to Dee and Ashley, falling over each other. I was worried about leaving them, and it was obvious, "Don't worry. Andy's good to drive."

He didn't really let me protest anymore when he grabbed my hand and lead me out the door, past Andy, "See ya, Andy," CC called.

Andy looked up at us, "Oh? Yeah, bye," He called and looked back down at his phone.

CC and I got started to walking back to the hotel. The bus was parked outside, and I knew it was going to be freezing when I got inside. Still, I didn't try to think about it, or how bad my fee hurt, when CC sighed, "I know everything, Kennedy," He stated lowly. I turned. No. He couldn't possibly know about the letters. No one could. "I know you're in love with him. I know you're insecure and you probably get that from Kat."

"Oh," I muttered.

"C'mon. You think Andy and her will be together forever?" He asked.

"Well, that's what she plans on," I replied and he rolled his eyes.

"You've gotta start sticking up for yourself, Kid. Make your presence known and stop hiding behind the shadows!" He exclaimed. He threw his hands in the air and spun around, earning strange looks from other people walking past us.

"CC, I'm fine with how it is right now," I stated, and it was a lie.

"You're going to be my new best friend, Kennedy. And my best friends get what they want. Besides, Kat's a bitch," He stated.

"Hey!" I knew it was true. Kat was a little harsh, but it was just how she was. I still had a part of me that needed to defend her.

"Shut up," He pointed and I glared, "First things first, you need to tell Dee."

"What!?" I shouted, and I got more looks from people walking by.

"She knows the band all too well, Ken. She knows all of us. She got Ashley didn't she?" He asked and I huffed, "She's gonna make you look hot, okay? No more of this hiding in your jeans, banged up converse, and flannels."

"But," I started and he held a hand up to me.

"No buts, Buttercup," He smiled, "You tell Dee tomorrow. Then we're going to spend all day getting you ready to face the world. Dee is going to work on the outfits and look, while Ashley and I give you pointers," He smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "This is ridiculous. I'm not doing this," I muttered.

"You don't have a choice," He smirked.

"Oh, and who says?" I glared.

"Says me. You're my official new best friend," He grinned.

I knew I had a lot of trouble coming to me. I could feel it in my gut.