Status: Active.

Gravity

T W E N T Y - F O U R

"I'm not going," CC stated firmly as he packed up the last of his things. It was a free day, and he wanted to sleep in his own bed for the first time in months.

"What!?" Dee exclaimed, "CC, I know where she is! Don't you want to see her?" She asked and CC turned to her, fire burning in his eyes.

"In case you didn't fucking hear, Dee, she blames us for what happened," He spat, "I'm not going around chasing her for her friendship anymore. If she wants nothing to do with us, then we don't need to invade her privacy," He stated and Dee shook her head.

"She's upset, Cee... We all say things we don't mean when we're upset," She said softly.

"Yeah, well she seemed pretty convincing," He scoffed, throwing the last of his things in his overnight back before grabbing his keys. He took a step forward to the door and he turned to her, "You're going to get hurt... More than you already are. Just be prepared... And if for what ever reason you don't," He sighed, "Tell her I'm waiting."

With that CC exited the bus, leaving Dee behind staring at him sadly. He got into the taxi before it sped off in the direction of his apartment. She sighed and she felt Ashley's arm around her, "I'm gonna put our stuff in the car. I already made the reservation at the hotel," He said softly and she nodded. Instead of going home to their apartment, they had decided to just rent a room in the same hotel as Kennedy. "Do you need me to load anything else?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I'm keeping it with me... It's something I need to give her," She said softly and he understood. He picked up the last of the bags and headed outside. She followed, but headed to her bus and stepped inside, heading to the bunks.

It certainly seemed a lot larger without Kennedy. Empty. Dee hardly ever went in there unless it was to get something from one of her bags. She stayed with Ashley, too afraid to sleep in her bus alone. It wasn't the same.

She came to her bunk, pulling out a suitcase she had stowed away. She pulled it out, flicking her hand over the collected dust before unzipping it. Inside she pulled out a dress protected in plastic. She took a moment to rest it in her lap, lifting the plastic up just to check for damages.

It was a long black evening gown, complete with black silk gloves. It was strapless with a sweetheart neckline and a drop waist silhouette. It was sheer perfection with it's beaded details, sparkling even in the dim lighting the bus gave off. Dee ran her hands over the embellishments, taking in it's beauty. The side had a slit going to the upper-thigh, and the back was secured with a long zipper and a ribbon lacing up over it. "I heard you know where she is," A voice said from behind her and she jumped, startled. She turned, seeing Andy leaning against what used to be Kennedy's bunk, his arms crossed over his chest.

"You heard correct," She said softly.

"Are you going to get her back?" He asked.

"Yes," She answered and he nodded.

"Will you... Convince her to come to the party? Even if she doesn't want to come back and work with us. Even if she doesn't want to come back at all... Can you at least convince her to come one night?" He asked.

She nodded and looked down at the dress and Andy followed her gaze, "Is that for her?" He asked. Dee nodded, making no sound at all, "She's going to look beautiful in it."

"Do you love her?" Dee asked suddenly, not looking at him.

"Dee..."

She snapped her gaze to him, glaring, "Do you love her, Andy?" She asked, more demanding.

"Yes," He answered and Dee noticed the soft tears forming in his eyes, not yet spilling over onto his cheeks, "Y-Yes," He choked out, "I love her with all my heart, and I can't fucking stand having her away. If she doesn't come back I don't know what I'll do with myself. She's my life, Dee, and I let her slip away. Do you know how that makes me feel!? I'm the biggest asshole in the world because I didn't notice how much I really loved her. And I felt guilty because if I hadn't said any of that shit to her, then she would be here in my arms and I wouldn't be standing here crying like a fucking girl," He ranted. The tears finally fell over his cheeks, and they were turning red as he became embarrassed by his small outburst. He looked away from her, quickly wiping his eyes.

"I'm going to bring her back, Andy. I promise," She said softly.

Dee packed the dress up again, placing it gently in the suitcase before zipping it up. She stood, bag secured in her fingers, and she moved past him. Andy let out a small sob as Dee made it to the lounge, and she left the bus, shutting the door behind her.

"Ready?" Ashley asked.

"I hope so."

-

I threw on a pair of jeans and a plain black v-neck. I slipped on my old Vans before tossing a sweater over. Despite being back in California, it was still chilly. In a way I missed my old clothes. The cute and trendy tights and the fashionable blouses. But most of it had gone back to Dee, and I found no point in going to buy new clothes. Although I had the money, I no longer had anyone to impress.

Sighing, I turned to the clock. It was nearing two, and John would be here any minute. I thought about straightening up the room, but there was nothing to straighten. All of my things were still packed away. I only took out what I wore, and nothing else.

I had been looking nonstop for apartments, since all I had was spare time during my past two days. I found one in Hollywood. It was a luxury one bedroom with a view. Although I did want the luxury apartment, because I had the money, I didn't think the money would last. Eventually, since I wasn't working for John, the money would probably run out. I had to think more logically, and I really didn't want to live in the same vicinity as Kat anymore, so my choices were running thin.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I straightened my shirt before walking over to the door. My badge was still on the nightstand where I had kept it since arriving. I reached forward and grabbed the handle, pulling the door open.

John wasn't there.

I was standing face to face with Dee and Ashley, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Dee just stared at me, a bag over her shoulder. Ashley was behind her, sunglasses covering his eyes.

I could tell she had been crying. Her eyes were puffy and red, and it sort of made me feel guilty. I also was reminded to never tell John anything ever again.

"Can I come in? Just for a minute?" She asked softly. I looked from her to Ashley, who still had no emotion. For a moment I almost forgot why CC wasn't there, but I suddenly remembered his last upsetting voicemail he had left me.

I said nothing, just stepped out of the way and opened the door wider for her to step inside. Ashley followed her to the bed where they sat down comfortably. I sat down on the single cushioned chair near the window. I watched as Dee looked at Ashley and he gave her an assuring nod before taking her hand in his. Anger and jealousy built inside me as I saw. "Are you going to say something?" I snapped. I felt guilty after I had said it, especially after the dirty look Ashley sent, but he said nothing.

"Kennedy, I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am. I know you're upset about this whole thing. But Andy-" I cut her off.

"I don't want to talk about him," I cut her off. I couldn't handle talking about him anymore.

"What else is there to talk about, Ken?" Dee asked, "Andy misses you. He knows he overreacted and he's realized that-"

"That he loves me!?" I exclaimed angrily, "He only loves me because he found out about the letters, Dee!" I yelled, "Don't you realize that he would have never noticed me either way!?" I screamed.

Dee waited patiently for me to finish huffing and puffing before she started to speak again, "Do you remember anything about the night we went to the bar?" She asked.

I scoffed, "I remember my outfit," I stated and she sighed.

"Andy was the one to take you to your bus. He hated seeing you like that because he likes the real you. He didn't like seeing you drunk. So he carried you from the bar to the bus."

"Just like he did with Kat when on the first night," I muttered, realizing my mistake. Dee looked at me sadly before continuing.

"Since you couldn't remember, Andy told me everything that happened. Do you remember him asking you if you remembered?" She asked and I nodded, "He told me that you told him about Kat and Jake. He said you didn't realize that it was him carrying you. You told him you weren't dating CC, and that Kat was really a mean person. He started to realize everything wrong in his relationship."

"So it was after he realized Kat was a bitch when he noticed me," I rolled my eyes.

"Will you let her fucking talk!?" Ashley yelled, "God, now I know why CC got to fed up with you! Dee's the only one in this room that honestly cares about you and Andy together. So if I were you, I would shut up and sit there and listen," He snapped.

I remained quiet as Dee started again, "Actually, he talked to me about the night before. When you two were playing guitar," She said and I nodded, remembering, "He said you fell asleep and... He almost kissed you. He said he looked down at you and that he got all of these feelings. The only thing that stopped him was knowing he had a girlfriend," She explained.

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"He said he realized how unhappy he was, and that he had always felt something for you, but you were just so shy... And so he ended up leaving because he knew if he stayed he would end up doing it, and he was afraid you would wake up and freak out."

"Are you lying to me?" I asked seriously and she shook her head.

"After the bar when you got back to the bus, Andy said that you two started talking. He said that you thought you weren't pretty and no one noticed you. He had to look away because he knew if he looked at you, he would kiss you. You said something else and he just couldn't take it anymore," She paused and I leaned forward in my seat with anticipation, "Kennedy... You and Andy kissed. You were making out and he was so happy about it, but then you fell asleep."

"Oh my god..." I trailed off, and suddenly I remembered. Vaguely, but I remembered. I got a few flashes here and there, but I was disappointed that I didn't remember the actual kiss.

"That's when he opened the letter," She explained, "He made the connection, but he didn't understand. He said when he was reading the letters he became angry, but not at you particularly. He said he wasn't thinking straight, and he just blew up. He didn't mean to, Kennedy."

"Then why hasn't he called me?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

She shrugged, "He's scared, Ken. He scared you won't love him anymore. He said you've moved on and you'll be better without him... He just wants you back."

I suddenly thought of the letter I wrote to him and I sighed. I turned to her, "Dee," I whispered and I leapt forward, wrapping my arms around her in a huge hug. It was then that I started to sob, "I'm sorry! You're right! It wasn't your fault! I was just upset and I didn't know what to do! I'm sorry!" I exclaimed and she let out a laugh.

"It's okay," She said softly.

I pulled away and looked to Ashley. I waited for him to say something, because a frown was still etched on his face. He then broke out into a grin and he opened his arms, "I missed you, Kid," He muttered when I was in his arms.

"So, I have a proposition for you," Dee said and I looked to her, "Go to the party. Andy will love to see you. You guys can work everything out," She said.

I sighed, "I don't know, Dee. I don't think...."

"It's going to be okay," She said. It was then that she pulled something from behind her. She handed a box over and opened it and I could see part of some fabric sticking out. I reached in and pulled out the most beautiful dress I had ever seen.

I gasped and Dee grinned, "It's gorgeous. I can't believe it," I whispered, breathless.

"I want you to wear it tomorrow night. It's going to be perfect on you..." She paused and I could see some tears in her eyes. I looked to her and she took a deep breath, "It was my mom's."

"Dee," I started to protest to me wearing it but she stopped me.

"No," She stated firmly, "It doesn't fit me right. It never has. Someone needs to wear it though, and I know you're going to look perfect in it," She assured.

"You're the best friend I could ever ask for, Dee," I said.

She shook her head, a big smile on her face, "You're the best sister I could ever ask for."

And she was right.