Status: Active.

Gravity

T W E N T Y - F I V E

Dee smiled softly as she took another piece of my hair, tangling it around her fingers before wrapping it around the hot iron. I waited patiently, giving a little scowl as I watched steam rise from my locks. "You're going to be absolutely stunning," Dee stated.

"So are you," I noted and she smiled.

"You, my friend, are going to be the fairest of them all. Just you wait," She assured and I sighed. My hair was taking forever, but Dee was determined. Having such long hair came in handy with various hairstyles, but curling it was always a task. Today, Dee wanted specific curls. Big waves with lots of volume, but nothing too drastic. She still wanted it to feel natural.

"How's everything going?" Ashley asked, poking his head through the door. He could only be with us for a short amount of time. He had to go get ready with the rest of the band, take some pictures, and arrive at the party after most of the guests did.

"Great, Babe. Once her hair is done I can start on her makeup," Dee informed him and he kissed her cheek before turning to me.

"You look beautiful as always," He noted to me and I blushed. "I have to go start getting ready. I'll see you later," Ashley waved and he was out the door.

We fell into silence as Dee started to curl again. I was about halfway done. I had no makeup on yet and I was still in my pajamas from the night before. Dee wasn't worried about time, though. She wanted to arrive fashionably late. This was because the room would already be darkened and she didn't want people stopping me to ask questions as I attempted to find Andy. "You look tense," She noted.

"I'm scared," I confessed.

"I know," She said softly, "The hardest part is going to be seeing him, then actually talking to him. But I promise everything is going to be okay," She stated.

"What if... He doesn't want me?" I asked and she sighed.

"Then we move on. He doesn't deserve you anyways, then. But after tonight you'll be able to come back to work. We're going to Europe in a few weeks," She reminded me.

"Yeah, I know," I sighed.

"Trust me," She assured and the final piece was done.

As if on cue, as Dee dropped my last strand of hair, there was a knock on the door. Dee gave me a questioning look and I shrugged. She walked over and peeked through the eyehole before opening the door, but it blocked my view. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Dee asked.

"Ashley left his phone, and he already started on his hair, so he sent me," I heard a voice and my eyes widened. I stood up, earning warning looks from Dee, but I pushed her slightly out of the way and opened the door wider.

CC stood there without any of his makeup. He looked completely normal, except for his hair already being teased. "CC?" I questioned, but he had a deep scowl on his face.

"What's she doing here?" He asked Dee.

"Um, this is my room," I answered and Dee shrugged.

"You guys set this up didn't you?" CC accused towards Dee.

"No, we had nothing to do with it," I protested and he glared at me.

"I don't really want to talk to you right now, Ken," He noted and I stepped forward.

"CC, I'm sorry," I started, "I'm sorry for blaming you and ignoring your calls. I'm sorry for everything. I dragged you into a mess you shouldn't have been apart of. And I risked our friendship because I was embarrassed and I didn't know what to do. But CC, you're my best friend, remember?"

He eyed me, "Why didn't you call me back?" He asked.

"Because I was scared. I knew I was wrong for saying those things to you... and I didn't want to face that fact," I answered softly and he sighed.

"I told you I would always be here for you," He stated.

"I know that now," I replied.

Suddenly, CC's arms were around my waist, and my arms around his neck. I had to stand on my toes to reach him, but he helped by lifting me up a little. It was the most comforting hug I had. "Don't you ever run away like that again, do you hear me?" He asked.

I chuckled, "Yes, Mom," I rolled my eyes and he kissed my cheek, releasing me. Dee handed him Ashley's phone and he looked at me.

"You're going to wow the crowd tonight, Kennedy. You're going to be stunning, just like you always are," He smiled and gave me a light shove, "I'll see you later."

-

Andy sat on the couch. They had all gathered at Jake's apartment to get ready. They had several ladies there to do their makeup and hair. The clothes were already laid out for them, and John was nearby talking on the phone and making last minute calls.

Andy didn't say anything as he sat, one leg crossed over the other, his mind deep in thought, "You alright, Man?" He looked up to see Jake, bouncing on his heels a bit.

Andy hadn't spoken to Jake since he punched him, and Jake had only tried once. Andy shut him up quick by slamming a door in his face, and that was the end of that. But Jake saw that something was wrong with his friend, and he knew they had to clear things up sooner or later.

"Fine," Andy muttered.

"Listen," Jake sat down on the couch next to him, "I know you don't want to hear it... But I'm sorry," Jake breathed, "I know I can't take back what happened. I slept with Kat, I admit it. I got drunk and she found my hotel room. I didn't even know what was happening. She just kind of forced herself on me, and I went with it. I know being drunk isn't an excuse, but it's the best I have. I can't stand us not talking. We can't be in the band like this, Dude. We have to work something out," Jake finished and Andy turned to him.

"I wasn't mad about you sleeping with her, Jake," Andy said and Jake raised an eyebrow, "I was more upset with the fact that all these people knew and I didn't. Like it was obvious. I was upset that you didn't come to me and tell me. I should have realized who Kat really was a lot sooner, and I was upset that I didn't."

"Well, I'm sorry. Can we just go back to the way things were?" Jake asked and Andy gave a soft smile.

"Yeah," He assured and Jake sighed.

"Now are you going to tell me what's really wrong?" Jake pried and Andy sighed.

"Ashley told me Kennedy is going tonight," He said softly and Jake nodded, "To kind of say goodbye I guess. I just... I love her. And I feel like she's just slipping through my fingers."

"Just talk to her," Jake said. "She loves you back, remember?"

"That was before I was such a jerk to her," Andy noted, "She's over me."

"You can't get over someone you love that quick. If she truly loved you, then she still would. So you just need to find her and talk to her. Tell her how you feel," Jake advised.

"Ugh, I can't help how nervous I am, though. I've never been like this around a girl before."

"It'll get better, I promise."

"I hope you're right."

-

Dee had finished the last part of my makeup. She didn't let me look in the mirror at all, because she wanted it to be a surprise. So I sat patiently when she painted my lips a deep red. She outlined my eyes in black and gave me a shimmering, but dark, eyeshadow.

"Are you ready for this dress?" Dee asked, beginning to take the dress out of its plastic wrapping.

"Dee, are you sure you don't want to wear it instead?" I asked and she shook her head.

"It doesn't fit me right, I told you. Trust me, okay?" She asked and I nodded.

I stripped down, not caring if Dee saw me almost naked. She had dressed me so many times I was completely used to it. I stepped into the dress and Dee slid it up all the way until it covered my chest. She stopped and held it before taking hold of the zipper and carefully pulling it up slowly. I stood completely still as I felt the dress start to form around my body, hugging ever inch of me. When she was finished she took hold of the black ribbon and started to lace it up, hugging my body tighter. When she was done I took in a deep breath and turned to her.

Dee's eyes started to water and I looked at her, "What's wrong? Do you want me to take it off?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No no, it's nothing like that," She said, sniffling as she did so.

"Then what is it?" I asked, taking a step towards her.

"You're going to think this is crazy but... You look like my mom. When she was younger, of course. But you remind me of how she would dress up so beautifully and you just... resemble her," She smiled and I smiled back, taking her into my arms, "You look perfect."

With that I pulled away, making my way towards the mirror. I turned, taking in my entire reflection from head to toe. My hair really was beautiful. All curled and pulled to one side to show my exposed shoulder. My makeup was flawless. Ruby red lips with mysteriously dark eyes and just enough blush to highlight my cheekbones. The dress fit like a glove. It gave the illusion of me actually having curves in my straight body. My waist smaller than my hips and bust for once. The fabric pooled around my feet, but Dee assured it was alright. It was supposed to have that effect anyways. It was absolutely perfect.

"I can't believe it..." I whispered.

I turned around and saw Dee zipping up the back of her emerald green dress. She turned to me and we hugged once more, "Are you ready? The limo should be here soon," She said and I nodded.

"I hope so."