Status: Active.

Gravity

T W E N T Y - S I X

Andy walked into the room, scanning the crowd. He had fought to get through the fans lined up outside, and friends waiting to congratulate him. He hadn't had the chance to look and actually find Kennedy. His eyes stopped at every girl in the room, but none of them were her, "Where is she?" He asked himself.

"She'll be here," A voice said and he turned to see CC a drink already in his hand. Andy turned back around, waiting.

"I don't know what to do," He replied.

"You'll know when you see her," CC stated, "She'll be the prettiest one."

Andy stood there in silence and CC stepped forward so he was right next to him. He turned, watching the singer's eyes scan the crowd intensely, "She's always the prettiest one," Andy muttered.

"You're going to take care of her, right?" CC asked and Andy turned to meet him, "You're going to love her every single day of your life and you'll never do anything to hurt her?" CC asked.

"Of course," Andy said, "I'd do anything for her."

"Good. She needs that. She needs you more than anything," CC noted.

"Why did you lie?" Andy asked suddenly, "Why did you lie about being her boyfriend?"

CC narrowed his eyes a bit, thinking about Kat, "You have no idea what Kat was like towards Kennedy," He said, his voice an octave lower than usual, "She was so beaten down... so used to it. She was so used to it that when she looked in the mirror, she didn't even see herself. She only saw all of the flaws Kat had made her believe. So when Kennedy needed some leverage... Something to prove to Kat that she wasn't ugly or worthless... I stepped up. She's my best friend. She didn't deserve to be hurt anymore."

"I didn't know..." Andy said softly.

CC shrugged, "No one really did. Dee was the first to notice. She told Ashley and I realized it when I saw how in love she was with you. You could sort of tell," He explained.

"I just... I want her to be happy," Andy looked up at him sadly. CC smiled and put a hand on his shoulder.

"She will once she's with you," He assured before walking off.

Andy watched as he walked towards the bar, picking up a few girls along the way. He turned back to the crowd, watching as the music kept playing and they kept dancing. His eyes wandered the floor until he spotted a sparkling black dress. The person wearing moved so gracefully through the crowd of people, her head down and hidden through big waves of curls. He couldn't see her face at all, but he knew it was her. He just knew. She was too beautiful for it not to be her.

Andy sucked in a deep breath before turning around. His mind began to race as he thought of what to say to her when she faced him again.

-

I got out of the limo, lifting the bottom of the dress so it wouldn't drag along the concrete. Once we were on hardwood floors inside of the building I let it fall freely and looked to Dee, "I'm off to find Ash. Go get your man, okay?" She smiled.

My face fell, "Alone? You're not going to be with me?"

She shook her head, "You gotta do this on your own," She stated before turning and disappearing into the crowd.

I suddenly felt insecure, and I could see people staring at me. They must have known who I was, or what had happened. I had been away, and I forgot to ask Dee if anyone else on tour knew about what happened.

I began my walk through the crowd, trying to find the bar on the other side. I needed CC, and I knew that's where he would be. Keeping my head down, I moved throughout he people, avoided contact as much as possible.

When I made it to the edge of the partygoers, I looked up, scanning the bar. I was looking for CC when I spotted him. He was turned the other way, facing the corner of the bar. I knew it was him, though. I could tell by looking at his shoulders, frame, and hair. I just knew. I was drawn to him. Something was just pulling me towards him.

Gravity.

"You can do it," A familiar voice said and I turned, smiling at John.

"Hey," I smiled with relief, "I feel awkward here," I confessed.

"You belong here," He said, and I felt that he meant that in a deeper context than he portrayed. I did belong here. These people were my family.

"I know," I stated.

"He's waiting, you know. Has been for two days now," He noted and I sighed, "It's going to be okay."

-

Kennedy watched John walk away from her. She turned, seeing Andy standing awkwardly, his back still towards her. She took in a deep breath, looking down to make sure she was still put together, and began to walk to him. Her heart beat faster than ever, loud ringing in her ears, as she got closer to him. She stopped, raising her hand to tap his shoulder when he suddenly turned around.

Andy jumped back, startled. He expected to see Kennedy where he saw her last, not in front of him. She was so close. His eyes trailed from her long hair to her eyes, bright as day in the darkened and dim room, her rosy cheeks, and to her perfect red lips. He so desperately just wanted to pull her into his arms and kiss her, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He was too scared.

Kennedy waited for him to say something, but he just stared at her in some expression she couldn't understand. Panic rose in her chest and her hands began to shake. I can't do this, she thought.

Andy blinked once and she was already running the other way, "Wait!" He yelled as Kennedy took off. She went as fast as her heels would let her, weaving in and out of the crowd. Tears rose in her eyes and her cheeks heated as embarrassment filled her. Andy was close behind, mentally slapping himself, "How could I be so stupid?" He asked himself, his eyes desperately trying not to lose sight of her brown and teal hair.

Kennedy ducked outside to the courtyard. It was a garden, and she figured she could find a good place to hide until she managed to think of a plan to escape. She needed to get out of here. This time somewhere much farther than Hollywood. "Kennedy!" She heard Andy yell. He was close behind her, she knew. She was actually surprised that he hadn't caught up to her. He was a fast runner do to his long legs.

As that thought crossed her mind, a hand fell upon her shoulder and she gave a small screech. Andy tugged on her, only for her to lose her balance. She fell forward, Andy still gripping her. Her palms collided with the cement, her knees next. Andy was right behind her, half of his body falling on her right side. She let out a squeal and he groaned, rolling onto his back as he winced.

He sat up, turning to her quickly, "Are you okay?" He asked frantically, taking her hands into his and examining her palms. They were scratched and a little bloody, and he winced at the pain she must have felt from the cuts.

"N-No, Andy. I'm not," She choked out, tears falling down her face and he stared up at her sadly. He knew she wasn't talking about her cut up palms anymore. She was talking about them.

"Kennedy," He started and she shook her head.

"Please don't say anything, just let me go," She begged. Andy ignored her, dropping her hands so her could place his hands on either side of her face, cupping her cheeks.

"I'm trying to tell you that I'm sorry, Kennedy," He said, "You don't understand how much pain I've felt since the day I started realizing that I thought of you more than a friend," He explained and she shook her head, denying it all, "God dammit, Kennedy!" He exclaimed, "Why don't you realize that I fucking love you!?" He questioned and he scooted closer to her, his hands still cupping her face. He could now feel the tears falling over his knuckles, down his wrists before hitting the cement.

"Because I've spent too much of my time accepting the fact that you don't!" She argued, reducing to even more tears. Andy bit his lip, attempting to not let himself cry in front of her, "Why did you do this to me, Andy?! Why did I have to fall in love with someone I won't ever have!?" She asked, not to him in particular.

"But you can have me, Kennedy," His voice barely came out a whisper, "I'm giving you my heart, Kennedy... And that's more than anyone else will ever have," He said.

She stared up at him, letting herself calm down. His blue eyes, brighter than the moon above them, eased her soul more than she had hoped for. She relaxed into his touch. Tears still spilled over, falling slowly. Keeping his hands in place, Andy moved his thumbs to sweep them out of the way. He locked eyes with hers. Something shimmering in them.

Andy suddenly pulled her forward, crashing his lips into hers. Kennedy couldn't fight anymore. She slipped a hand behind his neck, pulling him closer as her other hand gripped the jacket of his suit. She gripped onto him, terrified of ever letting go, as if he would slip through her fingers. Andy moved his lips, passionately giving her every part of him. He let the tears fall through his closed eyes, enjoying the moment.

When Kennedy couldn't breathe anymore, she pulled away, staring up at him in awe. He leaned forward, placing a soft peck on her lips before resting his forward on hers. His right hand trailed down her bare shoulder and her arm to rest on her waist, gripping slightly. His other hand remained on her cheek, caressing her as a soft wind breezed past them. His erratic breathing slowed, but his heart remained beating faster than ever. With his lips barely touching hers he smiled, "I love you," He whispered and she closed her eyes, letting the words sink in.

"I love you too. I always have," She replied. He kissed her again, softer and slower but still with the same passion. He pulled away, keeping it short, before bringing his other hand back down to grip her in a tight hug, pulling her close to him. She snuggled into his torso, wrapping her arms around his neck in return. Andy smiled softly, taking in every inch of her. He looked down, her skin glistening under the moonlight, her hair shining under the stars. He sighed contently, kissing her forehead before tightening his grip on her. "I don't want to let you go," She stated, almost like a confession.

"You don't have to."

They remained there, ignoring the raging party inside. Surely their friends had seen them run out, but they didn't care if anyone were looking for them at the moment. All that was mattered in that moment was themselves, together. Ignoring the cold, they still remained in each others arms.

"Kennedy," Andy said softly and she let out a soft 'hm', acknowledging him, "Can I ask something of you?" He asked and she looked up at him. She admired his strong jaw, high cheek bones, and of course his eyes. He brought his eyes down to meet hers, matching her loving gaze, "Will you promise me that you'll never leave me like that again?" He asked. "I was so scared, Ken," He confessed, "I was scared I lost you... That I would never see you again. Or I would never be happy again because I wouldn't have you by my side. Please... Just promise you won't leave me," He said, his voice reduced to barely a whisper.

"I promise," She assured and he once again placed a loving kiss on her lips. He then smiled, something amusing in his eyes as he stared down at her.

"Will you remember this tomorrow?" He asked, a smirk rising on his lips. She smiled, a soft giggle escaping her lips.

"I'll always remember this," She smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what!? There's only a few more chapters left... But! This is your chance to let me know what you want to read next. Message me the next story you would like to read (not including the sequel to this story. I'm already working on it) about any band. It can have any plot or summary. Message me with the details. Don't get too specific into characters and stuff. Just a basic outline. I also prefer messages over comments for this sort of thing. It's easier to trace back to in case I do pick your idea and I need to reread the specs. Get creative! I love a challenge :)