I'd Give Up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 2

Kings Academy. Your typical high school. Space for the jogs, space for the nerds. Just a normal sized high school. In everything it was the middle class. She was content. Spending her time here would be ok. And ok was good enough for her she learned.

While opening the door of the building a wave of fright hit her. New places made her nervous even though she’d done this so many times. Still every place was different. And she grew tired of exploring new buildings, finding her way around. Memorizing classrooms, teachers, the free spots at the cafeteria.

This was going to be a very long day.

She checked her face in the girls restroom mirror. Her make up could not cover up the signs of her weariness. Her eyes were a bit red. This day felt so long. Not to mention that she was only half way through.

All day she had been looking for Alec but the guy was just not there. Saying she was disappointed was an understatement. She hoped for his support to get her through this first day just by being by her side. They were not in the same classes she knew that but even during breaks she could not find the boy. Outside the restroom the blonde girl from her biology class was waiting for her.

Monica smiled at her. “Ready to go?” She just simply nodded and smiled back at her in reply. Monica was almost in all her classes so they walked together and even sat together during lunch. Seems like she made her first friend. At least she was covered for the rest of the day.

After school Monica asked her to come over to do homework together. As much as she appreciated the offer she turned it down. Going home was all she wanted right now. And Alec. She wanted to be with him, talk to him, hug him. Ask him why he was not around.

“Mom, I’m home! “ Silence. Of Couse she was not home yet she moped to herself. “I don’t want to cook!” she let out in frustration.

When she entered the kitchen there was a little note hanging on the freezer. “hi honey, I have dinner plans with new colleagues. Going to be late. Buy yourself some food, the fridge is empty. You know where to find the money.” Sigh. Just great.

She took out her phone and dialed Alecs’ number. Pick up the phone you jackass! After 3 more other tries he still didn’t answer it. This was so frustrating. “I need you right now” she whispered to herself whipping her teary eyes. All she got was his phone number she just realized. Where the boy lives was a complete mystery. It suited him. Everything about Alec was a complete mystery. He was a good listener, that was good enough for her. She needed someone to listen to her. Not that she talked about her home situation because that was off limits, along with her other secrets. But small things or even deep conversations, Alec was good with it al. He knew when to just listen, when to interrupt or when to add some dark or sarcastic humor. Being with him felt so natural. He was the only person who succeeded to make her sincerely laugh.

She needed him more than she wanted to admit.

The next day Alec was still not there. To say she was disappointed was an understatement. Monica indeed was. It softened the pain a little. The small blonde girl was smarter than she looked like. She wanted to get into med school. Her boyfriend Chad would move with her and get a job over there. They had it all figured out the two of them. Samara was jealous. She wanted a plan, a future. A boyfriend even maybe. First guy to pop into her head was of course Alec. Even though she rather wanted to strangle him than overload him with kisses at this very moment, she knew she was madly in love with the boy.

Did he know? Was it obvious?

Deep down , she always hoped, no kind of felt like she was just as special to him as he was to her. Their bond was so strong. But he stood her up, she felt betrayed. Or was she just imagining things? Maybe he never felt the same way about her. A summer love., nothing more. If so, she kind of regret it that she never had kissed him. At least he had a fun summer left from it.

Monica was skipping through some pages of her math book. “This is impossible!” her voice sounded frustrated "I'm never going to pass for any exam!” She sighed and looked over to Samara who was lost in thought looking out of the window.

“What are you thinking about?”

Samara snapped out of her thoughts. “Nothing” she replied.

There was a short silence. Monica was flipping through her book again.

“Do you know Alec?”

“If you mean Alec the freak. Yeah, who doesn’t” she mumbled her last sentence hardly audible.
The freak, what was that supposed to mean? She wanted to ask but Monica was too busy with herself. And she wanted a real answer not a quick ‘just shut up about the subject’ answer.

“Hey Moon, you wanna hang out tonight? “

“Sure girl, Sure”

“I have to go to my next class now, see you later!”

“Bye!” Monica waved with her hand not looking up.

Samara picked up her stuff and left, not much later the bell rang.