Status: Working on it :]

Men in This Town

Ch. 3: Where Them Boys At

We went to the towns Coldstone Creamery. We stood behind a family and waited for our turn to order.

I felt Stiles smack my arm with the back of his hand. I looked at him annoyed, “What?” He was gesturing his hand out to me for something. “What?”

“Give me a dollar,” He ordered.

“Why?” I ask irritated. If I give him a dollar now, I’m sure it would be a waste of a dollar.

“Just give me one,” He sighs exasperated. I grunt and reach in my pocket for a dollar.

I handed it to him and asked, “What do you need this for?” I watch him walk past the family and put the dollar in the jar. Immediately, I hear the Coldstone employees sing the seven dwarf’s song from Snow White. The little kids start to laugh and clap. Stiles turn to me with the stupidest smile on his face. “You owe me a dollar.”

We ordered our ice cream and went outside. I got chocolate with reese’s peanut buttercups and butterfingers. Stiles got strawberry with kit kat and butterfingers. What can I say? We like butterfingers.

I took out my iTouch so I could play some music out loud. It was nice out and I thought why not enjoy it with some music. I scrolled through my music and smiled when I saw ‘Self Esteem by The Offsprings’. Pressing play I set the device on the small table as we bobbed our head to the beat. He got into this band, Mumford and Sons, and Slow Kids At Play while I got him into The Ramones. Stiles took my device off the table of the song was over to change it, but cheered about getting through a second round. I laughed as my little friend here had for got how that game was scary.

I laughed quietly to myself while eating my ice cream. I watched the boy intently to see his reaction when he finishes it. “What?” he said as he ate some of his ice cream.

“Nothing,” he turned his body towards me in his chair and got a spoonful of his ice cream. I knew what that meant. I got a spoonful of mines and we feed it to each other. It was something we did since we were younger.

His dad or my mom would take the three of us out to get Cold Stone while we both like Strawberry and Chocolate while Scott liked Vanilla. Who likes Vanilla, seriously? We would always share each others ice cream and we still do it until now.

“Still good as usual,” I nodded agreeing to what he said going back to his game. “Yes, third level!” he did a quick bob.

I ate some of his ice cream while he played. “Ahh Shit!” Stiles yelled almost throwing my iTouch like I did.

“I told you!” I laughed at him while he just rolled his eyes and laughed. He took my ice cream and started to eat it.

“You wanna have a movie night?” He asks me and smiled about to say yes when I remember I had plans with Danny.

“Can’t going out with Danny and his friend Jackson.” I told him as he frowned.

“You never have time for me,” he whined as I shrugged. Sometimes I feel like I hang with Stiles and Scott more, but then again I grew up with the two. We pretty much stick together, which is why we call ourselves the Mystery Inc. Stiles called Freddie and I had to be Daphne because they thought I was useless when I thought I was more Velma. Velma is kick ass.

“Well, Danny doesn’t come until 8;” I clicked the button in top of the touch and it was only 5:37 pm. “We’ll have a couple hours. Enough time to hang out for a bit and give you the gift I got for you,” I said smiling while we stood up and threw away the cups. Walking back to his car Stiles started smiling.

“Fine, Friday night is movie night?” He asks while I smirk at him. “What?”

“You asking me out on date now?” I raised a brow at him laughing.

“No, yes, maybe, no, wait I don’t know,” Stiles wasn’t unsure of his answers.

“Don’t hurt yourself. I was kidding. Plus, if it were a date I prefer you either take me to the arcade or to watch Captain America.” I said while he smiled and started driving me home. I like me some Chris Evans.

“You’re so weird,” Stiles laughed while driving.

“That’s because I hang out with you and Scott,” I said making an excuse.

“Touché,” I smiled at him as we reached the house. He walked with me to the door and it actually did feel like a small date. It made me laugh out loud. “What?”

“Nothing it feels like one of those movies, you know where the guy walks the girl to the door and they kiss,” I said as he looked at me weird.

“You want me to kiss you?” He asks while I laughed more. “I mean I don’t mind. I am quite the charmer even though Lydia doesn’t see it,” He said grinning at me.

“Sure, keep dreaming,” I said walking into the house with him following behind me. “What movie or what do you want to do for the next few hours?” I ask closing the door behind me.

Walking in the living room I see Stiles sitting on the couch upside down with his face red. I looked at him and shrugged. I decided to join him and do the same thing.

“You know I don’t get how you do it?” He said being all serious as I turned my head to look at him. “Scott and I are so much cooler than you and yet you get to sit at the same table as Lydia.” I glared at him and smacked his arm.

He looked at me upside down and laughed. “Lydia and I don’t even talk. The only words she ever said to me were ‘I like your outfit’,” I said while he rolled his eyes.

“You’re lucky she acknowledges you,” he told me as it was my turn to roll my eyes.

“Lame,” I said looking toward the black screened TV. Stiles shuffled next to me and I started laughing uncontrollably as he ticked my sides. “Stiles!” I screamed laughing while I rolled off the couch and he continued.

After the tickle attack we started watching ‘The Change-Up’ on HBO. I hid my face behind his shoulder when Jason Bateman was changing his son’s diapers. “Awe gross,” he said.

“That’s it. I officially don’t want children,” I said laughing.

After laughing so hard and finishing up the movie I had to get ready. The two of us went upstairs to my room. Yeah I have a boy in my room, but it’s just Stiles. “I love what you’ve done to the place,” he said walking over to my desk as he picked up a picture frame. It was the three of us smiling while they held me up side ways. It was my favorite memory of all time because they took me out for my birthday.

“I know right?” I said looking around at the white lanterns that I hung up and the new posters I got. “I fixed it up a bit today.”

“So, Danny’s picking you up?” he asks while setting the frame down and when to lie on my bed. I on the other had been going through my closet for something to wear.

“Yeah, him and Jackson,” I said nonchalantly. I’ve never hung out with Jackson. I think he heard me call him an ‘asshole’ once in the hallways when he bumped me. Other than that I thought the boy was stuck up and a brat.

“That sucks.”

“Not really, I like meeting new people,” I started while I continued to look, “from what I see maybe he’s different.”

“That’s hilarious,” Stiles laughed. “Well I hope you don’t wear a cat sweater.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?” I said turning on my heels. I love my cat sweaters.

“Nothing. They’re cute, but he’d probably make fun of you,” Stiles said defending himself.

“Oh. I don’t care,” I said as he sighed in relief. I looked back at my closet and smiled. I took my light blue skinny jeans that had small rips in it off its hanger and threw it on to Stiles who was sprawled out on my bed.

“Hey!” he said lifting his head up to look at me. I smiled and shrugged while he rolled his eyes. We know each other. He lay back down and closed his eyes. The boy was asleep within seconds. The way the tryouts were, it would have knocked me out too.
I found a Star Wars Luke Skywalker long sleeved baseball T-shirt that I bought while I was out in LA. I set it on the sleeping Stiles while I headed for the bathroom to get ready.

I got dressed while Stiles slept. That guy could sleep through any thing. I finished getting ready and now I was bored. I didn’t want to wake Stiles up, well not yet because I wanted to mess with him while he slept. I looked around my room searching for anything useful.

I smiled while I picked up a pencil from my desk. I laid myself next to Stiles and smiled. He had his mouth open and he looked cute to be honest. I held my pencil and started to poke his chest lightly. He swatted my hand away and then scratched his chest. I grabbed the end of my hair and moved closer to his face.

Hovering over him a bit I tickled his face with my hair. Haha, I’m so funny. He twitched his nose and then sat up quickly. “Ahh, Stiles!” I yelled sitting back and rubbing my forehead.

“What the hell Aria?” He rubbed his forehead too. Stiles’ head collided with mine and it hurt.

“Me?! You head butted me, jerk,” I said rubbing my head.

“Who hovers over people while they sleep?” Stiles started.

“You do,” I said getting up. I walked over to my closet thinking I should give Stiles his gift now.

“What? You were the- never mind,” he said already knowing it was pointless to argue with me. I don’t like conflict. One time when Scott and I were arguing I played dead hoping he’d go away. Did it work? Yes.

I carried out a pink medium sized box with Stiles name written in big letters. “Here, before I forget,” I said handing him the box.

“Pink?”

“I thought it was your favorite color,” I stated while he rolled his eyes at me and took the lid off.

I watched as his eyes widen, “is this-“ he started as he looked through the box.

“Yes, it is the box of happy butterflies pooping m&m’s,” I said smiling to myself as I looked around my room clueless.

“You’re such a weirdo,” he stated as I glared at him.

“Says the one who tried on a dress,” I said flicking my arm.

“You said you would never bring that up,” he said defensively as if someone heard us.

“Chill only I and I alone only know,” I said sitting down next to him. “Now look at what I got you.”

I watched as he looked through the boxes of CD’s. “These are the new album of my favorite bands!” he said excitedly while looking at the cover of ‘Mumford and Sons’. “This is amazing, Aria,” he said making me smile. So, I go all out for the boy. Can’t help it he’s one of my best friends. “What is this?” he asks looking closer at the CD as I smiled. “NO FUCKING WAY!”

“Yeah, it’s one of the perks of being an intern in the music business,” I said smiling.

“You got each one of them signed,” he said going through all them. He turned towards me and gave me a hug. “You’re the best.”

“I know,” I said smiling while he laughed. I heard honking outside and I guessed Danny was here. The two of us sighed and headed downstairs. As much as I wanted to hang out with Stiles right now I couldn’t because of the plan I already made. Locking the door behind me I started to walk Stiles to his car. “See you tomorrow?”

“You even coming to school tomorrow?” he asks while setting the box in the passenger seat.

“Yeah, are you picking us up?” I ask crossing my arms while another honk came. I turned towards the silver Porsche and flipped the driver off. Danny can be a bit of a dick at times.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow,” he said ruffling my hair.

“Dude!” I grabbed his jacket in the backseat. “You will not see this until tomorrow,” I said walking away.

I got into the back seat of the silver Porsche. “Are you and that loser dating?” The guy in the driver’s seat asked.

“Excuse me, Asshole, that’s my friend you’re talking about and that’s none of your business any way,” I snapped at him while putting on Stiles grey jacket. It was warm.

“Okay, Aria this is Jackson. Jackson this is Aria, please play nice,” Danny said as Jackson began to drive. I didn’t say anything, well I probably sang to a couple songs along the way.

Jacko, whatever his name was, lowered the music and I could hear the louder music playing. “If we were going to the club I would have dressed more sluttier,” I said while they laughed at my shirt.

“You look fine,” Jerry said as it was pretty much the nicest thing that he ever said. At least Danny could be happy that I was warming up to his friend.

“Thanks, you look quite dapper,” I said smiling as we all got out of the car. I left Stiles jacket because all the dancing was going make it hot anyways.

I was on the dance floor and I almost forgot how Danny would take me clubbing with him. I swayed my hips and moved my body to the beat. Like always I was lost in the music that I didn’t realize the set of hands resting on my hips. I turned around a bit confused that John was now dancing with me.

“You know I’m sorry about earlier,” he said. I nodded as I danced with him. “Aria, was it? How is it that you and Danny are best friends, but I’ve never met you until now?” he asks while he placed his hand on the small of my back to pull me a little closer.

“Yeah, well I hang out with my brother and Stiles,” I started as I moved closer and looked into his eyes. “Also, maybe because Lydia and you are on your high horses that you didn’t bother to acknowledge me,” I told him as we danced real close.

“I’m sorry then. How ‘bout I buy you a drink?” he asked as I nodded while we head towards he bar. I ordered root beer while he got coke. “You said you had a brother?”

Seriously? You can’t see the resemblance between Scott and I. Maybe my eyes threw them off. They are a silverfish blue. “Scott McCall is my older brother,” I told him.

“Scott McCall? As in the one who caught every ball from hitting the net?” I nodded while the bartender gave us our drinks. “You guys don’t really look related. I mean you look prettier than him.”

I didn’t know what to say to that, but the rest of the night went pretty well. I might’ve made a new best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Chapter 3 is up. Hope you like.
I'm watching that new show 'How to Train a Dragon'
it's pretty good, any of you watching it?
Okie love you guys.

peace

xoxo,
Aria Beatrice