Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

Star Wars

When she came inside, she didn’t see him or hear him anywhere. So she just sat down on the couch and her thoughts wondered back on the subject of her apartment.

“Hey. When’d you get back?” He asked as he came down the steps. He’d obviously just finished taking a shower as his hair fell in soft wet curls against his shoulders. He was dressed pretty nicely, too. Well, in comparison to what he normally wore. His jeans were a dark blue color with a few ‘worn’ places for looks and he wore a black David Bowie t-shirt layered with a simple sport coat. He’d thought about putting a hat on but decided against it since they’d be staying in rather than going out like he’d originally planned.

“Few minutes ago.” She answered him.

“I’ve got everything ready.” He beamed then noticed she was a little less than enthused. “What’s the matter?”

“Shawn took me by the apartment…” she began. “There was a note on my door…my lease was up 5 days ago.”

“They’ll let you renew it, right?”

“I don’t know.” She sighed. “All my stuff was outside in boxes. They’ve probably rented it out by now.”

“That’s bullshit.” He popped off. Then he sat down next to her. “Don’t worry about it, ok? We’re leaving for those shows in Europe next week…..just stay here while I’m gone.”

“In your house? By myself?”

“Yeah,” he smiled. “That way I won’t have to get someone to check on stuff while I’m gone…”

“You sure?”

“Mmmhmm.” His head bobbed up and down. “Now, come with me. Gotta show you something.”

“I feel like crap.” She laughed.

He looked at her oddly. “Why’s that?”

“Cause you’re all dressed up and I’m obviously not.” She joked.

He rolled his eyes and teased, “Well, you won’t be a crip for long.” This earned a playful smack on the shoulder from her. He stopped her at the door just in front of the dining room. “Ok, close your eyes.”

“Corey….”

“Do it.”

“Ok, Ok, Fine.” She heard him open the door. Carefully, he pulled her in the doorway just a couple of steps.

“All right.” She heard him say. “You can open your eyes up now.” She did and when she saw the set up in front of her she smiled and blushed a little. He had spent the day setting everything up. He didn’t know where he got one, but he draped table cloth over his table along with a couple candles and some flowers. He’d also set the table with a couple of plates and silverware. Oh, and glasses.

“So, this is what you did today?” She asked.

“Yep.” He said proudly.

“Thought we were going out?”

“Yeah…well, I thought about it….and I figured it’d be nicer if I cooked you dinner myself and-“

“Woah. Wait. You cooked?”

“Spaghetti.” He grinned.

“I’m impressed.”

“Good.” He pecked her on the cheek then began helping her sit down at the table.

“I can’t believe you cooked this…” She kept saying as she twirled the spaghetti around her fork to eat it.

He laughed, “Is it so hard to believe that I know how to boil water?”

“I just never pinned you as a cook.” She beamed up at him. He’s loved that smile since the day he’d first laid eyes on her.

“It’s just one of a couple things I can make.” He confessed. “My shepard’s pie is the shit.”

She’d cleaned her plate and put her fork down with a sigh.

“Finished?” he asked as he took a drink.

“I’m stuffed.”

He laughed, “Think I’m done too. I’ll put the stuff in the sink. You wanna watch a movie or something?”

“Oh!” she exclaimed abruptly.

“What?”

“I almost forgot. I got you something today.” She told him as she pulled herself up from the table. “Let me go get it.”

“You didn’t have to get me anything…” he said following after her.

“Here.” She smirked and handed him the shopping bag.

“What is it?”

“Look.” She instructed him as she sat down on the couch.

His eyes moved to the bag in his hands and he peered inside. “Shit.” He murmured as he finally reached inside and pulled out the Star Wars t-shirt she’d bought earlier that day. He looked like a little kid at Christmas.

“You like it?” she asked with a hint of nerves. “I hope it’s the right size and stuff.”

“I love it.” He sat down next to her still admiring his gift.

“Me and Shawn went in the mall. I saw it and it made me think of you.”

“Thank you.” He said with complete sincerity in his crystal blue eyes.

“You’re welcome.” She said moving a wavy, red lock of hair out of his face and behind his ear. He liked when she did things like that. He could feel his heart beating through his chest.

“So, I told Shawn that he and I wouldn’t be getting back together.” She told him. He just stared at her as if he were waiting for her to say more. “Corey, I’m glad I’m here. With you.”

“You have no idea how much I love what you just said.” He smirked and cupped her face in his hands. His ice blue eyes seemed to stare a hole straight through her. “I love you.”

He couldn’t believe he actually said it. And she couldn’t believe that those three words from his sweet lips could take her breath away like they did. “I love you, too.”